2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
Or how about I'd only want English teams play and English league, Scottish teams play a Scottish league, the Welsh play in a Welsh league and the Northern Irish play in an Northern Irish league with no teams mixing together in each others home nation leagues. God i hate saying home nations just can't wait for my chance to vote for an independent Scotland and be done with having to declare myself British all the time.

Jesus... I just clicked on this thread by mistake, I normally try and stay out of this nest of snakes. What a lot of old piffling twattery, Tommy. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Doesn't posting on the UKFF cause you existential pain?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or how about I'd only want English teams play and English league, Scottish teams play a Scottish league, the Welsh play in a Welsh league and the Northern Irish play in an Northern Irish league with no teams mixing together in each others home nation leagues. God i hate saying home nations just can't wait for my chance to vote for an independent Scotland and be done with having to declare myself British all the time.

Jesus... I just clicked on this thread by mistake, I normally try and stay out of this nest of snakes. What a lot of old piffling twattery, Tommy. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Doesn't posting on the UKFF cause you existential pain?

To be fair, Tommy doesn't really post here much. In fact, I wasn't even aware that he followed Scottish football...

• Paid Members

To be fair, Tommy doesn't really post here much. In fact, I wasn't even aware that he followed Scottish football...

He's posted a few times. I believe he may be - as they say down your way - "A Rangers man".

Tommy's rant is an odd one considering that I've never once been forced to say that I'm British. If I meet someone new on holiday, say, I'd always say that I'm scottish and in the census or on job application forms I'll always tick 'Other' and say 'Scottish' if this there isn't a 'Scottish' option already available. OK, so I hold a British passport but I can't imagine why occasionally being classed as 'British' would cause such frustration?

More on topic, I'm somewhat of a lapsed Clyde fan and only get to 1 or 2 games a year but I think I'd have to go to Broadwood to watch us play Rangers in the 3rd division for the sheer novelty of it.

• Paid Members

...and it's a NO from Dundee United.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?...TiUHQI.facebook

Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

The financial well being of the Club, both in the short and long term, must also be at the forefront of our thoughts. We would encourage our supporters to purchase season ticket books as a show of support to our Club. The Board of Directors will act in the best interest of Dundee United and our supporters and Scottish football on this matter. The financial consequences of not showing this support for our Club are extremely serious.

• Paid Members

With the 5 no's so far, would the remaining clubs (by Rangers) all bring out statements saying no as well, as saying yes would just make them look bad.

What if every team says No and then after the vote The Rangers stay in the SPL would it come out who lied?

• Paid Members
With the 5 no's so far, would the remaining clubs (by Rangers) all bring out statements saying no as well, as saying yes would just make them look bad.

What if every team says No and then after the vote The Rangers stay in the SPL would it come out who lied?

It's not a secret ballot so yes it would come out.

• Paid Members

So its a case of every team who bring out a statement saying no will have to stick to it.

So its a case of every team who bring out a statement saying no will have to stick to it.

I think that the clubs who have released these statements have probably thought long & hard about it already, so they shouldn't have a problem sticking with it.

• Paid Members

Look for Dundee Utd to follow Rangers out the door shortly. They're f*cked financially now. Not a smart move.

Seriously don't think Division 3, or 2, stadiums can handle Rangers coming to town. Have you seen Cliftonhill recently? Jeezo.

Division 1 it is no doubt.

ADDED: Did you see that they were trying to get the "Glasgow Cup" up and running again so Sky can make some money with an Old Firm game? Sounds awful.

Seriously don't think Division 3, or 2, stadiums can handle Rangers coming to town. Have you seen Cliftonhill recently? Jeezo.

Unless your lot decide to wreck the places, then I'm sure they'll be fine. Just pretty severe outnumbering of the home support probably.

Look for Dundee Utd to follow Rangers out the door shortly. They're f*cked financially now. Not a smart move.

It's the right move though. Which is the most important thing. At least we now know even the buggered sides are going to ensure that things are rigged in your favour.

• Paid Members

I'd like to know what David Holmes (Is he still in the land of the living? Guy before David Murray) was thinking when he sold the club to him in 1988. What did he know about him?

Got to be the biggest con ever by Murray. Keeping the pretense (sp?) going for over twenty years. Hope he serves some serious jail time.

Archived