ISP Provider ISSUES Changing ISPs

ajmcstyles

Right UKFF I have a query some of you may know of this (Pardon the spelling and grammah errors)

Problem - I changed ISP's recently from Orange to TalkTalk since it was cheaper (now regreating it like).

When I joined TalkTalk they'd said they would do several things to help me and save some coin etc... blah blah

1st - TalkTalk said they'd set me up a online billing account so they would send me any bills VIA TalkTalks Email since sending bills VIA post costs

Right UKFF I have a query some of you may know of this (Pardon the spelling and grammah errors)

Problem - I changed ISP's recently from Orange to TalkTalk since it was cheaper (now regreating it like).

When I joined TalkTalk they'd said they would do several things to help me and save some coin etc... blah blah

1st - TalkTalk said they'd set me up a online billing account so they would send me any bills VIA TalkTalks Email since sending bills VIA post costs

You should always arrange the cancellation/signing of contracts because Orange would only accept a cancellation with written or verbal agreements from the bill payer.

As for the extra amount being charged on your phone bill, most providers ONLY give you free weekend & evening calls. Either they've missed that out of the phone call or someone has made a mistake. Read the contract they sent you or check their website, if in doubt phone them.

I'd contact Orange straight of the bat and tell them you've switched ISP's and therefore want to cancel the contract. They'll convince you to stay and try work out a deal but if you tell them you've already got a new ISP they'll agree to cancel it. You may need to pay a fee, it just depends.

You could go through trading standards but out of the thousands of complaints they receive on a weekly/monthly basis, you'll need to gauge how much of a priority your case is and if you've got a case in the first place. The complaint could be lodged and might not be dealt with for a long time.

I have had friends who have worked as sales people for Talk Talk broadband and event they have no faith in the product they are selling to you.

I have had friends who have worked as sales people for Talk Talk broadband and event they have no faith in the product they are selling to you.

I know people who are still there and they still dont

Utter ball sack. Avoid like the plague

The online billing is notoroiously shit and has been since forever, Many Cpw/Talk Talk Systems were shared and the Online Billing worked once in a blue moon

Check and double check they have put it on the system correctly. It used to be the case that E-billing would have to be on your account with email added on one system and then manually checked and added to the ebilling system if it hadnt been done so.

For whatever reason this had to be done in Portugal at one point ( talk talk/CPW are everywhere!) and there was always delays and whatnot.

Ill talk to the ex when she gets in as she knows the ins and outs of if it more than I do

2nd Sounds like you should have been on this deal the reason you are not. Is either human error or more likely that the deal no longer exists on their systems to add. Hence the 30 quid deal even then they are offering

• Paid Members
Also talktalk can't cease a line without notifiying orange first, so that is a Orange issue.

Not quite true. Orange as an ISP normally use the BT Wholesale lines, TalkTalk normally use unbundled lines. TalkTalk can switch on their BB service without telling Orange anything. Unbundled lines cause havoc with sorting stuff like this out. [/former BT worker who was trained in line and BB transfer]

Also talktalk can't cease a line without notifiying orange first, so that is a Orange issue.

Not quite true. Orange as an ISP normally use the BT Wholesale lines, TalkTalk normally use unbundled lines. TalkTalk can switch on their BB service without telling Orange anything. Unbundled lines cause havoc with sorting stuff like this out. [/former BT worker who was trained in line and BB transfer]

I am assuming that both are on LLU which is often the case, however if on WLR and moving to LLU the issue could occur.

Pat: TalkTalk do not use HADES, PIE etc. anymore since the de-merger, and Charlie D won't be arsed about the OP's complaint, lets be honest.

His best bet for a resulution is to join talktalkmembers.com forums - the admins are all HLC dept people.

Talktalk told me they would contact orange and sort everything out and make sure I wouldn't be billed from orange anymore so I wouldn't have to deal with orange anymore, basically spaztalk have breached everything I agreed to when I joined. I've had no choice but to stop my direct debit so they can't take a penny until my

• Paid Members

I am assuming that both are on LLU which is often the case, however if on WLR and moving to LLU the issue could occur.

Exactly. Thats what I was assuming had happened as Im fairly certain that full LLU to full LLU isnt done by TalkTalk (I know it wasnt when I worked for BT, but that was a few years back in all fairness). If it was split line LLU to full LLU... well anything could go wrong there. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Talk Talk are utter shit.

My ex asked them for a MAC twice when moving over to someone else, and they didnt bother emailing it to her.

So I rang them up and shouted a bit and they finally emailed her later that day. She rang them to confirm cancellation and they said it was cancelled. She forgot to cancel the direct debit and they billed her for two more months even after we had switched to the new provider. She then got a clue and cancelled the direct debit.

Three months later she got a letter from their collections department claiming we owed them

Also talktalk

Pat: TalkTalk do not use HADES, PIE etc. anymore since the de-merger, and Charlie D won't be arsed about the OP's complaint, lets be honest.

Still know peeps on retention, sales and so on

I figured as much re the demerger, Nigel is now a Talk Talk Director isnt he? after porting over from O2 ( you must have worked for them or along side them at some point :p) Charlie D's email would get a personal response on occasion. I was under the impression that he cared more for Talk Talk than CPW hence the involvement of Best Buy and the continual fucking up and down and upsizing of operations since. and even prided himself of whacking his email addy in each of the monthly Carphone Warhouse Mags.

Afaik both companies dont really know what they want at present as seen by the mess of Tulketh Mill and what they are doing with it.

Archived