The HUGE news on Raw last night

King Pitcos

Obviously, there wasn't any huge news. It was a very bland show. Did anyone else here watch it?

All the stuff with Cena and Miz was flat, like their whole feud has been. I don't know whether it's their fault for not clicking, or the completely uninspired writing, but it's just a bit rubbish compared to what it should be.

Kofi vs Punk was a really good TV match -- the perfect length for a non-main event, it didn't outstay it's welcome and it advanced a larger story with the Punk/Nexus stuff.

I hate the way Kelly Kelly runs off the ropes. It's bothered me for ages, the ropes might as well not be there. She literally just does the "run, stop, turn around" thing that everyone did in playground wrestling. I liked that Kharma developed her act a bit.

Raw can fuck off with Yet Another Mysterio vs Del Rio match. I'd rather them both die than wrestle each other again in the next year. R-Truth was good though.

David Otunga impressed me in the tag team match. I've lost all interest in Lawler vs Cole, but the Cole-Swagger breakup had my interest for that bit. "Nobody remembers him being a world champion."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all of that except the Misterio/Del Rio stuff. Much like Jericho/Rey matches, I just really enjoy watching those two work together. Some people just make Rey infinitely more watchable and Del Rio is one of them. I also thought their pre-match mic work was pretty good.

Jack Swagger in any kind of "mystery surprise" situation is bound to be a big fat fail, and it was. You could hear the crowd groaning when he came out.

Kofie/Punk was top stuff. Really enjoyed that. Shame Punk didn't take his belt really, I might be given a reason to give a toss about it if CM had it.

One the whole though, dull as always.

*edit*

In fairness, despite being a mostly boring, by-the-numbers show, it still had two matches that entertained me more than anything on the TNA PPV this week. That's pretty poor considering one is a pay show and the other is free TV. ADR/Rey and Kofie/Punk were tasty little matches.

• Paid Members

For some reason I expected some kinda return for the big Miz reveal, either from injury, a Smackdowner, or even Batista or Jericho. The Swagger reveal didn't bother me, but it seemed a little pointless after they seemed to turn him face mater. In terms of big babyface names RAW's a little thin on the ground, and if Swagger turns on Cole I reckon he could be quite a big babyface star.

All in all it was another bland show, especially since RAW has all the big name talent. I don't understand why they moved McIntyre to RAW, and Riley to Smackdown given how both haven't been used at all on the shows they're supposed to be on. McIntyre could really have stepped up on the empty Smackdown roster rather than on Superstars.

• Paid Members

Everything else was dull as fuck, but I loved that Cena promo in the last twenty seconds. Passionate and furious, that's the type of Cena I want to see weekly, not the dickhead who makes a joke out of everything.

Am I the only one who really thinks Alex Riley is brilliant? He's got the size, the looks and the confidence to deliver consistently good promos week after week.

He is very good. Unfortunately WWE feel they have to book him as a bumbling fool whenever he is in a match.

Well, I quite enjoyed this week's show, it was much better than last week. I liked everything except for the embarrassing Lawler/Cole stuff that has just dragged on and on for what seems like an entire era. CM Punk seemed to be moving slower last night as well, I wonder if he has done something to his leg? It was a good match anyway.

Was it just me or did Swaggers irish whips look weak ?? Maybe it was Cenas fault ? Otunga impressed me as well for the first time in ages Punk is amazing and they should give him whatever he wants to stay !

• Paid Members

Not only was I let down by the lack of huge news, I actually swore at the TV after Cena took a fair beating from Swagger and a couple of shots with a lead pipe and then jumped up literally instantly like nothing had happened. The fact that he doesn't have to sell anything fucking infuriates me. How am I supposed to have sympathy for a man that cannot be hurt? How do I get emotionally invested in any upcoming match he has when the villain has no unfair advantage? It's fucking basic storytelling.

• Paid Members
I really enjoy the Miz and I do feel he's main event level now, but I really want him to get away from Cena.

Crazy R-Truth is awesome though, as is Kharma. They need to hook up.

I really wish they'd moved Truth over to Smackdown as top heel. He could have done a fantastic job. I'm not so confident he'll get the same shot on RAW though.

Archived