The HUGE news on Raw last night

King Pitcos

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're doing well with him so far, though putting him against Mysterio kinda books him into a corner like Rhodes before him etc.

Hope they realise they've done something good and continue it.

didnt really want him against mysterio but with morrison injured its good for the short term

morrisons only going to be out for 6 weeks so i can see him him beating rey on sunday then going back into the original feud

although morrison could distract him on sunday i suppose

First off I also wanna point out how much I enjoy Alex Riley, I do love how without getting a obvious megapush he's always in the vicinity of the main event due to his association with The Miz and he's fitted in so well, everyone watching knows who he is and what his character is, and he gets decent heat without overshadowing his mentor. One day he'll be a main eventer and probably be accepted as much without spending ages as a curtain jerker to get there and they'll be no going down the Ted DiBiase road for Alex if WWE play it right.

First RAW I've watched for a month and I really only tuned in to watch Kharma do her thing and cause PITCOS awesomely misled me, right now she reminds me a little of Burchill from 2003 FWA. I hope she gets more to do pretty soon though, cryptic ass kickings will get old before long.

As much as I cringed at seeing another Del Rio/Mysterio face off, it'd be daft to not acknowledge their rivalry because they've changed show and at least they have decent bouts together plus I barely tune in these days so what do I care whether its a one off or a rebirth of the fued.

I love the heel R-Truth, I'm in the minority of people who've been a constant fan of his since 2000, and I really enjoy the angry to almost mournful expressions he employs, it makes me wonder whats going on in his head. He gets good crowd reactions (the right kind) and these days I regard that nearly as highly as in ring ability when it comes to WWE.

Not arsed about the Cole/King stuff, its okay as long as I avoid watching any match that comes out of it, its one for the kids.

I hope it leads to a Swagger face turn because I have some weird interest in seeing if Swagger can actually pull off playing a good guy, I just can't envision it myself. But judging by the main event it was just to light a fire under him possibly and that's more than fine too but I can't see it going anywhere.

Loved the small Cena/Zack Ryder interaction, bet that was Cena's idea in fact. I expect a screenshot of it in the next Iced Z episode.

Does anyone else think Cena must turn heel before Wrestlemania?

He will be a heel at Mania whether they turn him or not so it doesn't really matter. They could have him play the heel in the month leading up to the PPV but then I would imagine he would turn back straight after.

• Paid Members
Does anyone else think Cena must turn heel before Wrestlemania?

He will be a heel at Mania whether they turn him or not so it doesn't really matter.

Like fudge it doesn't matter. You or I think they need to turn Cena because artistically it makes sense and its annoying watching him act like a baby yet get booed like crazy. However, it won't come to pass.

Super Cena must continue to (be booked to) behave like a goodie, because small children buy lots of his merchandise because he's their hero. We have had this discussion for years, and they will not turn Cena heel as long as they don't have a better "goodie" to replace him. That cash cow is more important now than ever.

Cena turning heel would be good for his character. But they could do it like Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 2005 against Hogan, just have him lose it with Rock and try to really run him down. But I think we all know it will end with a handshake, hug and arms raised.

Raw as everyone put it was very bland. I liked the Cena promo in the closing moments, but couldn't help but think it might've been more beneficial for Cena to sell a lead pipe shot for longer than 20 seconds. Miz could've gone into it looking a bit strong, but for some reason they couldn't do that.

As much as I cringed at seeing another Del Rio/Mysterio face off, it'd be daft to not acknowledge their rivalry because they've changed show and at least they have decent bouts together plus I barely tune in these days so what do I care whether its a one off or a rebirth of the fued.

I can't stand it. I just checked and they wrestled each other on six thousand, two hundred and four episodes of Smackdown last year. That was more than enough. They've been on Raw three weeks and they've wrestled each other every fucking week so far. Put one of them in with Cena already.

Not arsed about the Cole/King stuff, its okay as long as I avoid watching any match that comes out of it, its one for the kids.

I don't think it's meant to be. Cole's definitely an antagonist for long-term fans who've grown up watching Lawler, and people who think Daniel Bryan's the greatest ever.

I can't stand it. I just checked and they wrestled each other on six thousand, two hundred and four episodes of Smackdown last year. That was more than enough. They've been on Raw three weeks and they've wrestled each other every fucking week so far. Put one of them in with Cena already.

I feel for you there, its okay for me cause I might not watch again for ages but for weekly viewers it sucks especially if they watch Smackdown weekly too and have seen that long ass Rey/Del Rio fued. I did not know about the previous two weeks as I never even read the spoilers. I hope they match Cena vs Del Rio and Mysterio vs Truth with never the twains meeting for the sake of the regular viewers though I fear they'll be tag bouts between them and other such shit. Mysterio needs to fuck off for that knee surgery now he's not desperately needed.

I don't think it's meant to be. Cole's definitely an antagonist for long-term fans who've grown up watching Lawler, and people who think Daniel Bryan's the greatest ever.

Feel I did a shit job at explaining it cause I was writing at the same as viewing RAW. With the kids thing I meant to say, its the kids that'll remember this feud when they are older fans like us, where we'll have probably chosen to forget it. Despite what gets said it'll stick in the kids heads more, its that kind of angle. Way I said it before came across that I was saying it was just aimed at kids which was incorrect of me. Just my view anyway, I respect if people don't agree.

Edit:

I thought Alex Riley was shipped over to Smackdown?

He was last I watched in the supplemental draft, I even checked Wiki to see what the crack was and seems after one appearance on SD, they put him back on RAW and hoped no-one noticed so to speak.

Archived