WWE Double Scum Mafia *GAME OVER*

Ron Simmons

Overall MVP  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that this whole thing could kind of read like a case of Mike not liking people trying to solve the riddle and that he's trying to stop that in order to ensure that everyone plays the game in the way in which he wants.

Not entirely sure what I would gain from not having people solve "the riddle" if I was scum. It's Day 1. Let's presume Teedy was the Cop and therefore could gain information to use against the scum... we've not hit night phase yet, which means Teedy has no information that could be put into a code, and therefore nothing could expose anything on the scum team. Thus, if I were scum, I'd still have nothing to worry about. But if you have some reason why it would benefit me as scum to direct people off a wild goose chase, I'd like to hear it.

Also Mike, you've not been posting a lot, you been busy?

Kinda. As I said earlier, I'm trying not to spam the thread with a mass of pointless back and forth that's not needed and only serves to make it almost impossible to re-read later

How's that going? :p

Still better than I used to be :D

As for the last bit. I only really answered in a "see how it can backfire?" way. WIFOM arguments are never good, and they rarely seem to come from town in my experience. (Although, I'll admit they come from town much more often on this site than they do on MS. But I think that's got something to do with the difference in experience from players who have played for a couple of years or multiple games at a time, and most people here who only play one at a time, and it's less intensive).

And no wall... maybe a few bricks, but no wall :p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that this whole thing could kind of read like a case of Mike not liking people trying to solve the riddle and that he's trying to stop that in order to ensure that everyone plays the game in the way in which he wants.

Not entirely sure what I would gain from not having people solve "the riddle" if I was scum. It's Day 1. Let's presume Teedy was the Cop and therefore could gain information to use against the scum... we've not hit night phase yet, which means Teedy has no information that could be put into a code, and therefore nothing could expose anything on the scum team. Thus, if I were scum, I'd still have nothing to worry about. But if you have some reason why it would benefit me as scum to direct people off a wild goose chase, I'd like to hear it.

Asides from both of the Town Vigs there are three scum teams (including the IC). A member of just one Scum team is only semi-informed, and would be much more nervous of the other Scum side if they didn't need a majority vote to kill your members. The only way to not have to worry about any code is if a member is IC-Scum and was privvy to info from both sides.

Hello, hopefully I can be more focused on the game now. It's such a shame Ron kept going on about characters not meaning anything cause I think I can see a pattern somewhat, anyway...

I'm not too sure where to look at here, I didn't like Snakes play as I said earlier but couldn't particularly see how it was helpful to scum. Teedy's encryption might say something, but I very much doubt it. I haven't seen anything from Bristep I would consider 'fumbling' and Mike Castle as far as I can see is playing the way he has done before.

As it stands, I'm not happy with the way Teedy or Snake played, but I get a funny feeling there town trying to inject life into the game. I also feel bristep gives a town feeling. Then again, I have had a bad time with my feelings in this game. I need to go through some of the big texts again, but I'm fairly confident who I think isn't scum.

• Paid Members

Asides from both of the Town Vigs there are three scum teams (including the IC). A member of just one Scum team is only semi-informed, and would be much more nervous of the other Scum side if they didn't need a majority vote to kill your members. The only way to not have to worry about any code is if a member is IC-Scum and was privvy to info from both sides.

I honestly have no idea what you mean here seph. It's sounding like you're trying to say that town should be trying to work out the code, and the only players who shouldn't are the IC grouping. Which is inherently false if that's what you're trying to say. If you mean something else, please explain.

• Paid Members

I honestly have no idea what you mean here seph. It's sounding like you're trying to say that town should be trying to work out the code, and the only players who shouldn't are the IC grouping. Which is inherently false if that's what you're trying to say. If you mean something else, please explain.

In a working scenario. say Teedy is Scum A and makes the code, whether it's intended to be meaningless or not, and he's either ignorant or deliberately negligent of the presence of Scum B. Scum B 'cracks it' anyway and either steers Teedy to the noose or whacks him in the night. It's in the interests of Teedy's mates to debunk the efforts of anyone to crack the code, but can only really do so in an objective manner unless they're willing to take heat in return. The only things that are certain is that the person making the code is either Town or a non-IC Scum, and the other Scum don't know which but don't really need to know as they now have an out to whack the 'coder' and conveniently get an extra target for the following night. Which is what you've done, and an IC would certainly not do as he knows who made the MacGuffin. Heck, if the IC incepted this it could be a clusterfuck.

• Paid Members

I'm still suspicious of Teedy Kay but all the discussion of codes has totally lost me.

On another note:

If Phil Spector is responsible for the "Wall of Sound" then Mike Castle should surely be known for his "Wall of Text" GET THE GUN OUT OF THE ACTRESSES MOUTH MIKE!!!!

:D:omg:

Lion, I just had a quick read through of the thread and so far the majority of your posts has either been a joke about Mike Castle or an in character joke. Do you have ANY thoughts on how game the game has progressed so far? Who do you suspect? What do you think of the Snake/TDK stuff and why do you think that, despite voting for everybody else at some point, Snake left you out?

• Paid Members
I'm still suspicious of Teedy Kay but all the discussion of codes has totally lost me.

I'm trying - and failing, it seems - to show how Teedy's horseshit is much more detrimental to his team that he cares to think of as it's easier in this setup to get his mates killed and lose the game. If, of course, he is Scum.

• Paid Members

seph, why would a scum Teedy make a post with a code that anyone could work out?

Hell, why would any scum make a code day 1 before they have chance to use a role?

Plus, what scum role could be used, this game, to give information to their partners if there's no day talk for scum?

After all, the reason scum would have a code would be no day talk, so we're assuming there's no day talk to begin with, but then we're assuming there's information the scum need to be able to pass on in a code that's been predetermined. Why would scum use a code so blatantly obvious and not one that's like "The first letter of my post tomorrow will tell you what I found"?

Scum Teedy trying to make a code for his scum mates makes zero sense, and thus I'm not even going to consider it's a possibility.

it makes even less sense when this is in the rules:

7. The scum AND inner circle will be allowed to day talk. The reason I'm allowing this is because the scum are potentially being played as much as anyone with the existence of the inner circle, and may need extra info to figure out who they can and can not trust. I contemplated having a night only discussion thread for the inner circle, but it's an extremely tough win for them to pull off, so they too will have day talk.

They'd have no reason to pass messages, as mike said even with no day talk they'd have nothing to pass in day 1 and certainly not so blatantly.

Teedy could be scum, IC or town - I'm pretty sure his code was not indicative of alignment.

• Paid Members

Teedy could be scum IC or town. Thrilling insight there Mr Stone. That applies to everyone.

Finlay, day 1 is always about getting a feel for the game for me. When the lynch comes it will be for the smallest misdemeanor or slip possible and it will have very little in the way of logic attached to it anyway.

Archived