UKFF Player Of The Season: THE RESULT

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

#10 - Javier Hernandez

hernandez.jpg

The Bio:

22 year old Mexican in his first season in English football ... Joined Manchester United from C.D. Guadalajara for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of

If I didn't like Blackpool so much, THAT guy would be my favourite player in the EPL. He's an amazing goal poacher, but of course he is MUCH more than that. You just get the sense that he's the hardest working player on the park when he's on there as well. I love this guy.

• Paid Members

Spot on about Kompany and Football manager Rick. He was always one of my first buys if I started as a prem club in 2006/2007. Perhaps City should look into signing Henri Saivet next. As much as it pains me to say it, Kompany has been brilliant this year, can't remember where I placed him in my top 10 bu he was definitely in my team of the year.

• Paid Members

#8 - Dimitar Berbatov

berbatov.jpg

The Bio:

Tall but elegent centre-forward hails from Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria ... Looks much older than his 30 years ... Broke through in his home country with CSKA Sofia and made the first of his 77 appearances for Bulgaria, which have yielded 48 goals ... Aged 18, he was kidnapped by Bulgarian gangster Georgi Iliev who attempted to convince him to join Iliev's Lokomotiv Plovdiv ... Joined Germany's Bayer Leverkusen for a bargain €1.3 million in 2001 ... Quickly broke through into the Leverkusen first team picture and plundered 69 goals in 154 appearances ... Joined Tottenham Hotspur for €16 million in the summer of 2006 ... Scored his first Spurs goal against Sheffield United and hit his first hat-trick in a remarkable game, a 6-4 victory over Reading ... Hit 7 goals in Europe as Spurs progressed to the UEFA Cup Quarter Finals ... Finished the season with 12 Premier Legaue game and was named the clubs player of the season ... Won his first major honour in 2007/08 as Spurs beat Chelsea to lift the League Cup ... Moved to Manchester United on transfer deadline day in 2008 for almost

• Paid Members

#7 - Samir Nasri

nasri.jpg

The Bio:

23 year old French winger/attacking midfielder of Algerian descent ... A product of Marseille's "La Commanderie" youth academy ... Made his first team debut for Marseille aged just 17 ... Won the French equivelant of the PFA young player of the year award in 2007 ... Won the first of 21 caps for France in 2007, aged 19 ... Represented France at every youth level and won the U17 European Championships in 2004 alongside Menez, Ben Arfa and Benzema ... Played 121 times for Marseille, scoring 11 goals before leaving for Arsenal in 2008 for another undisclosed fee in the region of

• Paid Members
Tiger_Rick<Martin Samuel.

My write-ups for that poll that Lawz couldn't be arsed finishing were far superior. I'll do alternative write-ups when this rundown finishes and if I can't be arsed doing work. The Berbatov write-up is bizarre, as he somehow makes scoring hattricks and five in a game sound like a bad thing!

• Paid Members

#6 - Gareth Bale

bale.jpg

The Bio:

Cardiff born left back turned left winger is still only 21 years of age ... Was immediately identified as a star of the future after making his Southampton debut at 16 in the same season as Theo Walcott ... His ability to score from dead ball's was another obvious early trait ... Hit 5 goals in 45 appearances for Southampton and picked up the Football League's young player of the year award for 2006/07 ... Signed for Tottenham Hotspur in May 2007 for

Archived