TV Try Out

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look i dont really give a shit and dont even work in wreslting industry but am connected financially, if people want to part with thier money than thats thier issue. All i will say is read facebook and certain feds post about millions of pounds being pumped into industry

Ok if its all up front then tell us whose behind this new company ???????????????????????????

My name is Joe Steele I run the sports entertainment agency which is producing FEW. There are then a number of other people who we use on a freelance/outsource basis but none of them are related to wrestling but rather work for sponsorship agencies, sales agents, legal staff. pa etc all people I don't need on a full time basis but are vital to the organisation. As an example our sales agent was recently at MIP to discuss deals in other territories whilst our media agent has line up mainstream exposure for a professional wrestler in this country.

You may be interested to know that we will be a Ltd Company come June and will have all our information at companies house.

Any questions or concerns please drop me a pm or email admin(@)sportsentertainmentagency.co.uk

Quick point to clarify.

The contracts are a fixed term contract and will cover you for working the TV tapings, they are not full time contracts or exclusive contracts I want to make that clear as I have been getting some very excited emails. We aren't there yet folks.

Hope this goes ok.

But sorry to go off topic here, the Uk wrestling experience are on a digitial channel called Mychannel. They have a 1 hour slot on Thursday night with a repeat on sunday.

The show is called Mayhem. Was ok, good to see uk wrestling and wrestlers i had not seen before on tv.

Anyone seen it?

Hope this goes ok.

But sorry to go off topic here, the Uk wrestling experience are on a digitial channel called Mychannel. They have a 1 hour slot on Thursday night with a repeat on sunday.

The show is called Mayhem. Was ok, good to see uk wrestling and wrestlers i had not seen before on tv.

Anyone seen it?

i have its ok some of the wrestlers look very weak and there is Val Kabulis (sp?) has a good look but in ring he is the pits and all the matches seem to go on for ages. But i agree it is good to have a british wrestling programme on tv. Just hope they get better cos it would be a good thing in this country

I really don't know anything about this at all and no offence to the guys involved... but having never run a show, having from what I can see no history or background in wrestling... are you serious in trying to charge established wrestlers 50 quid a shot to "try out" as the very first thing you've done? I can think of a few who'd probably go as far as to take offence to the idea that this would be even necessary, nevermind paying for it. Sorry, this baffles me.

• Paid Members
Hope this goes ok.

Anyone seen it?

I wasn't even aware of it! Is Mychannel available through Sky?

I really don't know anything about this at all and no offence to the guys involved... but having never run a show, having from what I can see no history or background in wrestling... are you serious in trying to charge established wrestlers 50 quid a shot to "try out" as the very first thing you've done? I can think of a few who'd probably go as far as to take offence to the idea that this would be even necessary, nevermind paying for it. Sorry, this baffles me.

Yeah, this was going to be my point. There's been lots of talk with no real pedigree to back it up. Why is anyone to believe this is a legitimate set up? So far all we've got is this guy has been talking about it for months and months and can write in a coherent sentence (admittedly, already comparatively ahead of lots of other start up promoters.)

I'd be surprised if you get many people to turn up at all and those you do get will be the absolute shit and nowhere near ready for a TV product. There's no way the guys on the circuit who are actually up, or anywhere near, to a TV product will go to this. Surely if this IS a legitimate thing and isn't just talk, and you want the very best, the best way would be to scout talent and then approach them individually. The only way this would be close to working is if you had the channel announced and they had confirmed it themselves and contracts were there to be seen.

In a simpler way, what can you actually show me (and not just talk, talk, talk) , that persuades me to encourage any talent that works for us to shell out for this? Feel free to email me at rich@hullwrestling.com if you want to talk in a more private area. I am intrigued by this but shocked more people aren't asking for actual credentials to back this up. And if the talk is true, I'm obviously all for it.

Rich you posted what I was going to, virtually word for word, if a good opportunity for our lads I will be the first to tell them about it but I know the answer if I go with this info as it is currently presented

I am sorry but I am not buying this absolute bullshit.

If you were piecing together a TV taping or a pilot episode surely you would need 3 things.

1.) Wrestling knowledge or a background in promoting shows

2.) Knowledge of workers in the current territory

3.) Production companies/TV companies actually interested in the project

To me this smells like a money making excercise to put towards other debts or shows, if in partnership with 1PW what better way of getting some cash flow in by charging some Green wrestlers with the hope of being on TV

Archived