Can you guys answer my survey on wrestling?

Bluetonic

Can I ask the opening poster what you're studying and how wrestling applies to it?

Yeah no problem, it's Sports Journalism I have studied, but to be honest have fallen out of love with most sports over the last year or so. Wrestling continues to fascinate me though, and I was just about to get away with using it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I ask the opening poster what you're studying and how wrestling applies to it?

Yeah no problem, it's Sports Journalism I have studied, but to be honest have fallen out of love with most sports over the last year or so. Wrestling continues to fascinate me though, and I was just about to get away with using it.

Cool. I dunno how old you are but perhaps you should do a general/standard journalism course after this one? Especially if you're getting a bit fed up of some sport. I always thought learning the craft was better the other way round - perfect the basics and styles of main news journalism, then branch out into sport, fashion, business, technology etc once you know which road you'd like to go down. Lord knows there's no jobs as it is, and only having the sport feather in your bow probably isn't going to be an advantage.

I've no idea why they okay'd you to write a sports journalism dissertation on something that isn't a sport, as fascinating as it is, and I dunno why you'd go down that road when you know most likely whoever grades it will have no clue what you're on about. Despite all this, I wish you luck!

• 2 months later...

Hello guys - just a very self indulgent update to say I got a first in my degree so am obviously over the moon - this forum really helped me, especially in answering my poll, so just wanted to say thanks a lot - you're not a bad bunch!

Cheers for the replies guys, really appreciated - will upload my disser to somewhere if people wanna read it, and Loki - I'll create a page over the next couple of days or so with details of the survey, I had over 300 responses in the end so there was some interesting answers.

Sports Journalism was Terry Pratchett's dream job according to his bio. He did ok for himself in the end. Thinking about it, I'm rather surprised Pro Wrestling never took off in Ankh Morpork.

Congrats on the first.

Now make with the dissertation...

Archived