Can you guys answer my survey on wrestling?

Bluetonic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done, but I have to say the question on Vince McMahon pushing musclebound wrestlers over quality wrestlers is, at the very least, a leading question, and more specifically not true. He just likes great wrestlers that are ALSO large, muscular guys.

But Giant Gonzales surely wasn't his idea of someone who's big and is going to be a good wrestler, especially in that outfit. He's just big - a freak show. Great Khali. Was he employed because he's likely to be a good wrestler? Or was it because he's massive and has a massive following in India? I'd imagine Kurrgan was employed because of his look. Vince likes larger than life.

TAKA Michinoku on the other hand was a proven wrestler and pretty much turned into a joke. Ultimo Dragon wasn't really used much but I don't really know the details behind that one. Was he past it at that point? Daniel Bryan's having good matches but he's pretty much seen as a joke. I don't know why they don't market Evan Bourne. He's good at what he does and he seems like he'd catch on big with the kids. There's one thing being in the mindset that the smaller guys won't make you as much money, but it's another thing to make a joke out of those wrestlers.

Archived