What do you miss most about being a kid?

RepoMan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is brilliant and it is bringing up loads of memories from my childhood.

Playing 23 a side football with a tennis ball on the schoolyard using the netball markings as the football pitch.

Playing cricket using two backpacks stacked on top of each other as the wickets.

Knocking on your mates door to see if they want to come out. If you do that now it would just be weird.

Cycling down the back lane to go to the Spooky Hut which was abandoned near a farm and the walls were lined with newspaper from the 1940's.

Playing 4 player mode on the N64 at my mates house playing Goldeneye, WCW/NWO Revenge and WWF No Mercy.

Nicking some of my dad's Bacardi and filling the bottle up with water hoping that he doesn't notice.

Ahhh those were the days.

• Paid Members

I don't want to steer this too far in the direction of retro video gaming, but I miss that period when this was the most awesome thing IN THE WORLD!

17477_1264618026137_1550348259_30680681_1185201_n.jpg

"One day, all games will be like this!". Really? Where are they then? Lying fuckers.

I also miss the idea of non-ironic holidays to Butlins. I went to Butlins twice when I was little (Bogner Regis and Minehead - before any modernisation) and thought they were brilliant.

73459_1624644106564_1550348259_31524153_6146939_n.jpg

At the age of seven, when all we had in Mansfield was a 50 year old rectangular pool with no boards or slides or anything, this was probably the greatest swimming experience I'd ever had. Looking back, I don't think I've ever been in another outdoor pool with so many gimmicks in it.

One of them (I think Bogner) also had an indoor pool with windows in the two of the sides, with a bar/clubhouse thing on the other side. With it being the eighties, it was dark in there, with lots of coloured lights and shiny surfaces.

Archived