What do you miss most about being a kid?

RepoMan

• Paid Members

Christmas - The sheer piss yourself excitement that every small child has for Christmas is probably unmatched by everything. I was never spoilt as a kid, but Christmas was always fucking great. Nothing can top it.

Summer Holidays - 6 weeks off school in the occasional sunshine. watching Bug Juice and Catdog on Channel 4 in the morning, hours of playing football and fox and hounds on the mountain and camping. Replaced later on with cheap cider and trying to get off with the girls that hung round with us.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss how much better collecting stuff was as a kid. Swapping stickers to put in albums, cards, Pogs and shit like that.

Now it's a bit geeky to collect stuff as an adult, and just not as fun. Oh for the simple pleasure of getting a shiny.

Going round my various friends almost every night to play N64 Goldeneye, none of this online crap sitting in a room on your own. 4player Goldeneye and Mario Kart is awesome fun and laughs.

Same with Quake 2 on the psone, had just as much fun as Bond.

Arcades - the SF2/MK/Neo Geo Era

Summer Holidays - Playing Football and Basketball all day in the park.

Random Bike journeys with friends.

80s 90s TV- I used to watch everything back then from gameshows to neighbours, cartoons, wrestling etc, these days I only turn my TV on for MOTD.

SMTV stuff like Going Live, Ghost Train etc.

Jumping Trains and going on mad flexes to meet girls.

Friends that I no longer see and will probably never see again.

Having leagues on Pro Evo psone when we are all gathered at a friends house.

Paper air planes, there were some official ones I cant remember their names, you would buy them like stickers in a pack and then put them together and then throw them about, I loved those things.

School Lunch Boxes, sounds daft but I used to love putting stickers from either WWF/WCW all over them.

Conker battles at school, fuck me this was the shit back then, dunno if kids still do that, but back then everyone at school was doing that, people would go to great lengths to have the ultimate conker, I even freezed some of mine ha.

• Paid Members
I'm depressed now.

Reading all this makes me realise how good my childhood was, and how I've pretty much wasted the last ten years of my life.

Wank.

I know. It's fucking crap being an adult.

• Paid Members
I'm depressed now.

Reading all this makes me realise how good my childhood was, and how I've pretty much wasted the last ten years of my life.

Wank.

I dunno. At least you get to have sex. And tandoori.

• Paid Members
I'm depressed now.

Wank.

Didn't have much of a childhood, Bombers?

I remember the Pog wars of 1995, seemingly everyone had a box they would carry around to house their Pog collection. I remember the fights that would break out over them, one of them being outside of my house when one of the kids in the year above me was pissed off with another for trying to trade me some Pogs that he claimed were stolen from him.

For that time period it seemed like Pogs were the only thing in life that mattered.

• Paid Members
I'm depressed now.

Wank.

Didn't have much of a childhood, Bombers?

Had a great one, barring school.

Personally, I'd say the best time of my life was around 18-19 years old; life still felt like it had possibilities, I wasn't yet jaded, I was still enjoying being young, but was also enjoying the new experiences of adult life. Was probably at my healthiest too.

To take a couple of Rick's, I'll also say My Nana and Granddad, and playing football all time whenever anyone was free. Other things I miss include SMTV Live, playing with toys and not having a care in the world.

All of this. Weekends seemed a lot more special and time passed a lot more slower. I miss being careless and free of judgement the most.

I also miss my dad. :(

• Paid Members
Summer Holidays - 6 weeks off school in the occasional sunshine. watching Bug Juice and Catdog on Channel 4 in the morning, hours of playing football and fox and hounds on the mountain and camping. Replaced later on with cheap cider and trying to get off with the girls that hung round with us.

Amen brother! great days.

Archived