UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

At the risk of sounding thick, can someone explain why Lyon are listed in the full fixtures list (page 1) instead of Juventus? Guessing someone (wwffan2?) changed their mind on the team early on.

If someone could clarify that Lyon's fixtures are actually Juventus' (mine) that would be great.

Looking forward to my first game, whenever it may be.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the risk of sounding thick, can someone explain why Lyon are listed in the full fixtures list (page 1) instead of Juventus? Guessing someone (wwffan2?) changed their mind on the team early on.

If someone could clarify that Lyon's fixtures are actually Juventus' (mine) that would be great.

Looking forward to my first game, whenever it may be.

Sorry, forgot to update that. Lyon's fixtures are Juventus' fixtures. Snake Plissken was originally playing as Lyon, he was replaced by wwffan2 who wanted to switch to Juventus.

Man Utd 1 - 3 Napoli

A spirted showing by El Espanacas, but clinical finishing in the first half by Napoli ended his hopes of winning his first game in the league. The newcomer showed no fear in his first match as United looked to take the game to the Italians in the first half. United had a string of early chances, including Rooney hitting the outside of the post and a shot that was parried by De Sanctis in to the path of a Man Utd attacker but Andrea Dossena somehow managed to slide in and put the ball out for a corner at the last second when it looked like it would be a certain goal. Napoli opened the scoring in the 32nd minute though when a perfect Christian Maggio cross was headed in by Edinson Cavani. Man Utd weren't fazed at going behind however and came close to scoring again when De Sanctis did well to tip over a free kick and make a good save from a Wayne Rooney effort. The officials somehow managed to find four minutes of injury time at the end of the half and it was in this period that Ezequiel Lavezzi put Napoli two up with a neat finish after being put through one-on-one with the 'keeper by a Marek Hamsik through ball. The scoreline at half time was very harsh on United, especially as Napoli had scored with their only two attacks. Napoli killed off any real chance of a comeback straight from the kickoff as from the first attack of the half a chipped cross was headed home by Lavezzi. Napoli went on to control most of the half and came close to scoring a fourth when Van der Sar made a superb save when he tipped a curling effort from Cavani just wide of the post. Marek Hamsik later hit the post with a long range drive and Cavani hit a tame effort straight at the 'keeper from the rebound. Man Utd did score a deserved late consolation goal though when a deep cross to the far post was headed in by Berbatov. The game was abandoned in about the 87th minute due to a connection error, though it was decided that the result should stand. A harsh result for El Espanacas, but on his overall performance he should prove to be a tough opponent.

Man Utd goal: Berbatov (84')

Napoil goals: Cavani (32'), Lavezzi (45', 47')

• Paid Members
Nice one, thanks.

El Nicko up first in my first game! Nervous.

Looking forward to it, my fellow Fine City resident. I'm on a bit of a patchy run of form at the moment so it could go either way really. Last time I played a Juventus side was in the cup tourne we had before this league and I got a 2-0 or 2-1 win from what I remember, though I couldn't tell you who it was against for the life of me. Welcome to the league and best of luck. Well, after our game, obviously :music:

Nice one, thanks.

El Nicko up first in my first game! Nervous.

Looking forward to it, my fellow Fine City resident. I'm on a bit of a patchy run of form at the moment so it could go either way really. Last time I played a Juventus side was in the cup tourne we had before this league and I got a 2-0 or 2-1 win from what I remember, though I couldn't tell you who it was against for the life of me. Welcome to the league and best of luck. Well, after our game, obviously :music:

It was Joey Blayze's Juve side. I'll be on tomorrow afternoon to play Man United, and most likely tomorrow night. I've only played 2 games on this in 5 or 6 weeks, so I expect a complete disaster to occur...

Man Utd 1 -3 Napoli

After a period of domination in the first half, United could not convert their chances and were hit with a precise counter attack from Napoli scoring their first chance of the game. Napoli grabbed their second on the stroke of half time sending the Neopolitans into rapture. Man Utd were obviously hurt by this and were slow getting out of the blocks in the second half conceding the decisive third. However Berbatov grabbed a late consolation goal to make it a respectable scoreline of 3-1. Not a bad result as the Manchester United manager was distracted by two phone calls, a dog licking his feet and his missus badgering on what cheesecake he would like after lunch which ended up in a reply of "Fuck off I am busy!"

I am free the rest of this afternoon if anyone wants to play.

Real Madrid 5 - 0 Man Utd.

Kaka

Ronaldo

Adebayor (3)

Well goodness me. Thank fuck for the blackout because it's a different Madrid side that have emerged the other end. Madrid were straight at United always looking to attack and always looking to catch them on the break. Kaka opened the scoring with a free header and after a bit of a mixup in the United defence Ronaldo added the second. It stayed that way until half time but in the minutes before the interval United picked up their game and had a couple of chances that unfortunately fell by the wayside. The second half was all about Adebayor as his hatrick would help Madrid to their second 5-0 win in the space of a week......and not a wwffan in sight!

Week 6 (Mon 23rd May -> Sun 29th May)

Aston Villa v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Dortmund

Inter Milan v Juventus

Liverpool v Chelsea

Man City v Man Utd

Napoli v Everton

Real Madrid v Arsenal

Roma v A.C. Milan

Tottenham v Atletico Madrid

A.C. Milan 0 v 0 Real Madrid

Arsenal v Man City

Atletico Madrid v Inter Milan

Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Chelsea v Aston Villa

Dortmund v Napoli

Everton v Roma

Juventus v Liverpool

Man Utd v Tottenham

Week 5 remainders:

Inter Milan v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Barcelona

Roma v Man Utd

Arsenal v Roma

Week 4 remainders (last week for these):

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Notes:

We

As I'm still waiting to redeem my code to get back online I am unable to fulfill my fixtures until the PSN store comes back up.

I hear its back up at the start of June, I'm not leaving the league so if that's Ok just let me know :)

Archived