UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Week 4 (Mon 11th April -> Sun 17th April)

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Dortmund v Arsenal

Everton v A.C. Milan

Inter v Barcelona

Man City P v P Aston Villa

Napoli v Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid v Chelsea

Roma v Lyon

Tottenham v Liverpool

A.C. Milan v Dortmund

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Barcelona v Everton

Chelsea P v P Man City

Liverpool v Inter Milan

Lyon v Real Madrid

Man Utd v Napoli

Week 3 remainders:

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Dortmund v Atletico Madrid

Man City P v P Inter Milan

Liverpool P v P Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Week 2 remainders (last week to play these):

Everton v Lyon

Lyon v Dortmund

Notes:

The updated table is up on the OP. Tournament winners Chelsea now top the table having won five of their six matches thus far.

Man City are the only unbeaten team left, though RobJ87 has indicated that he is away this week so his games from this week and his unplayed matches from last week will have to be played next week.

One of the biggest matches this week sees a rematch from the tournament semi-finals as Tildeguy~!'s Chelsea faces stunstone's Real Madrid. Tildeguy beat stunstone's then Barcelona team 3-1 on his way to tournament victory, and will be looking to repeat the result again against a resurgent Madrid side who after a poor start have won their last three games with an aggregate score of 12-2. Other juicy ties near the top of the table include Barcelona against Inter, A.C. Milan against Everton, and Tottenham face last week's leader Liverpool.

There are some big games for the early strugglers as well. Napoli face the two teams above them in the table and still have to play Lyon. Atletico Madrid have to face Napoli and Roma, who also face Lyon.

With the new three week rule in effect, the two games from week two must be played by the end of this week or else the results will be decided upon. Due to the rule 2-0 wins were given to the two teams who were due to play Lyon in week one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below are the write ups for this week and the weekly awards followed by the scorers list. Remaining games for this week are :-

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Man City v Inter

Liverpool v Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Week 3 (Mon 4th April -> Sun 10th April)

A.C. Milan 4 v 2 Arsenal (Chamakh, Van Persie)

Ibra (2)

Pato (2)

Another win for Milan and two more goals for Ibrahimovic. Is he the man that to take the golden boot. It must also be noted that whilst Milan do concede a couple of goals they do score alot too, certainly a team not to be under-estimated.

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Everton 2 v 0 Man Utd

Pienaar

Cahill

Everton's impressive early season form continued with a victory against United.

Man City v Inter

Napoli 2 v 3 Chelsea (Drogba, Malouda, Torres)

Cannavaro

Lavezzi

A very close game that really could've gone either way. A Napoli controlled first half saw them take the lead through a Canavarro header. After hitting the post they had soon doubled ttheir advantage and at half time looked comfortable. Chelsea only managing a solitary shot on goal in the first half. Unfortunately for Napoli, a poor pass allowed Chelsea back into the game and after scoring they smelt blood. They soon had an equaliser and to Napoli's dismay would find the winner proving that clinical finishing really does go along way.

Real Madrid 5 v 0 Inter

Adebayor (4)

Ramos

MAdrid have finally awoken this week. An impressive display in a game that was alot closer fought than the scoreline would suggest. Adebayor was the key factor for Madrid and he netted an impressive 4 times in this game with Sergio Ramos scoring the other from a freak cross. Some Inter fans besieged radio phone in's blaming boss Nicko for for the defeat and his decision to take his team galivanting around the globe to watch Wrestlemania. He has some making up to do.

Roma 0 v 0 Aston Villa

Roma picked up their first point of the season but it was far from a walk in the park for them. Villa battered their goal and spurned numerous glorious chances but Roma clung on and their off and running.

Tottenham 2 v 1 Barcelona (Villa)

Defoe (2)

A laggy game saw Barcelona concede their first goal of the league season when Jermaine Defoe broke through and finished neatly in teh fifth minute. Barca tried to find a way back but could've been quite possibly suffering from "fatigue" according to their boss. Gomes seemed to be in inspired form and a number of saves he produced kept Barca at bay. Villa would find a way through late in the first half but a cheeky header in the second again from Defoe saw Spurs take all three points.

Arsenal 2 v 1 Everton (Arteta)

Van Persie

Arshavin.

Everton's first defeat of the season came away at the Emirates. The dogs of war will look to recover in their next game to get their impressive start to the season back on track.

Aston Villa 1 v 4 Real Madrid (Ronaldo(2) Adebayor, Kaka)

Bent

Madrid finally wake up. A game besmirched by connection problems finally got underway and it was Villa who drew first blood with a Bent header froma corner. The goal sparked life into Madrid and they found their way back into the game first through Ronaldo and then took the lead with a sublime overhead kick from Adebayor. In the second half Kaka added a third and Ronaldo scored his second to complete the rout.

Atletico Madrid 2 v 2 Bayern Munich (Gomez 2)

Forlan (2)

This was a very tight affair and despite it being a hard midfield battle the tie also served up 4 goals for the fans to savour. Two apiece. The scores were level at half time when two of the leagues in form strikers netted in Gomez and Forlan. The spoils were shared once more in the second half as Gomez and Forlan were again on target to double their tallys for the day. Both managers were in agreement that a draw was the fair result.

Barcelona 2 v 0 A.C. Milan

Afellay

Villa

Barca were quick out of the blocks and took the lead through Afellay who was a last minute change in the Catalans starting line up. Astute decision by the manager there. That would remain the way until the second half saw David Villa beat his marker to the ball and nod Barca two in front. Milan couldn't find a response.

Chelsea 3 v 0 Roma

Malouda

Drogba

Essien

From looking at the result you may be forgiven for thinking that this was a somewhat one sided affair but if you ask Roma boss Ebb he would tell you differently - "How the hell I lost that game I'll never know" was his quote. Whatever the case it's 3 points to the pundits' choice for the league title.

Inter Milan 3 v 2Tottenham (Pavlyuchenko, Modric)

Sneijder

Chivu

Milito

A returning Inter were up against a Spurs side who have been putting together some impressive displays of late. THis game didn't disappoint. After a close fought first 40 minutes Spurs would've been startled to find themselves 2 down in the last few minutes of the first half but that was exactly what happened. Spurs would have to come out of the blocks quick and find a goal back but due to a calamatious error from Gomes Inter were gifted a third. Despite pulling back 2 consolation goals it was always going ot be an uphill struggle for Spurs to get something out of this game in the end.

Liverpool v Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Man Utd 1 v 1 Dortmund (Barrios)

Nani

A bit of a strange game this one. A few mistakes from either side made for some entertaining viewing for the fans that were present. Dortmund were made to work hard for their first point of the season but certainly deserved a share of the spoils.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF WEEK AWARDS.

Match of the Week - Bayern versus Athletico sounded like a fantastic game and so takes the spoils this week. A hearty midfield battle that saw two of the leagues in form strikers come up against each other.

Team of the Week - Real Madrid. Trying not to be biased ;) but as TUFC pointed out their return of 12 goals scored to 2 conceded in their last 3 games mean that Madrid's season is finally up and running after a slow start. A 4-1 and 5-0 victory sees them earn their spot in the top 5.

Player of the week - Adebayor. The big man scored 5 goals this week, 4 of which in the same game against Inter Milan. He has moved substaintially up the goal scoring charts just as his side have moved up the league considerably.

Performance of the Week - This category is too similar to Player of the week so this will be the last week the category is awarded. Adebayor is the winner for his performance against Inter.

TOP SCORERS. - AS OF 11/4/2011

Mario Gomez - 7

Emanuel Adebayor - 7

Diego Forlan - 7

David Villa - 7

Didier Drogba - 6

Jermaine Defoe - 5

Fernando Torres - 5

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 5

Edison Cavani - 4

Peter Crouch - 4

Cristiano Ronaldo - 4

Pato - 3

Andy Carroll - 3

Dirk Kuyt - 3

Louis Saha - 3

Florent Malouda - 3

Diego Milito - 3

Franck Ribery - 2

Daniel Agger - 2

Antonio Cassano - 2

Robinho - 2

Arjen Robben - 2

Tim Cahill - 2

Ezequiel Lavezzi - 2

Mikel Arteta - 2

Robin Van Persie - 2

Wesley Sneijder - 2

Kaka - 2

Darren Bent - 2

Roman Pavlyuchecnko - 2

Christian Chivu - 2

Michael Essien

Sergio Aguero

Jose Reyes

Jeremy Menez

Luka Modric

Raul Meireles

Mario Balotelli

Karim Benzema

Sergio Ramos

Steven Gerrard

Anatoli Tymoshuck

Maicon

Ashley Young

Lucas Barrios

Tomas Ufalusji

Darren Beckford

Ibrahim Afellay

Carlos Tevez

Nani

Walter Samuel

Wayne Rooney

Dimi Berbatov

Mario Suarez

Carlos Cueller

Christian Maggio

Marouane Chamakh

Steven Pienaar

Andrei Arshavin

Gabby Agbonlahor

Marko Vucinic

Alessandro Nesta

Paolo Cannavaro

Victor Ruiz (all Scored 1 goal

Barcelona 2-0 Inter Milan

Messi 35' Messi 58'

Inter faced the 2nd place Barcelona and it was the Catalans who ran out winners this evening. David Villa didn't get on the scoresheet which makes you think Inter stopped the Barca attack but it was Lionel Messi with a brace on the 35th and 58th minutes to secure a 2-0 win for Barca. The game started off with Inter having there only shot of the half when Milito found himself 1v1 with Valdes but the onrushing keeper made Milito shoot wide and avoid a disaster early on from Barca. The 55% of possession Barca had came in useful when Messi found his way on the end of a villa throughball and his shot was saved smartly from Cesar but it was straight in the path of Messi with a cheeky header for 1-0. After the restart Barca dominated possession once again and smart work from Afellay cutting his man up fired a picture perfect ball to the far post where Messi was on hand again to nod in.

If Arsenal, Ac Milan and Atletico (game from last week) want to play then I should be around most evenings/nights this week although not tonight as I am knackered but let me know anyway whats good for you.

yeah i'm free tomorrow about 7pm if thats any good

Will you be around after the champions league games? Say at 10?

If Arsenal, Ac Milan and Atletico (game from last week) want to play then I should be around most evenings/nights this week although not tonight as I am knackered but let me know anyway whats good for you.

yeah i'm free tomorrow about 7pm if thats any good

Will you be around after the champions league games? Say at 10?

yeah thats fine

• Paid Members

Can't argue with StunStone's lads winning the team/player of the week awards really, that's an impressive goalscoring return.

Barcelona 2-0 Inter

Another defeat against Spanish opposition for Inter, who seem to be leaking goals for fun since they returned from the States. It could've been a different story early on, as Diego Militio found himself with a one on one goalscoring opportunity, only to fire wide much to the dismay of the travelling fans from Italy (And Norfolk baby!). Inter showed flashes of good play, but kept getting frustrated after failing to beat the offside trap on numerous occasions and also giving away several fouls, some of which the manager deemed pretty dubious (Note: I did get pretty pissed off at the amount of fouls given against me at one point, such is life.) Inter have played some lovely passing football in this competition so far, but Barcelona made their own passing game look leagues apart compared to Inter and Lionel Messi's brace sealed a well deserved win for the Spainiards. For Inter, it's back to the drawing board, because their last three matches have seen them concede 9 goals, which now puts them on a negative goal difference for the first time this season.

...In other words, I'm pretty shit at the back. I dropped Materazzi for this game and to be fair I think it would've been more had I played him! Gutted, as I started off so well. Still, long way to go in this bad boy just yet.

Can't argue with StunStone's lads winning the team/player of the week awards really, that's an impressive goalscoring return.

Barcelona 2-0 Inter

Another defeat against Spanish opposition for Inter, who seem to be leaking goals for fun since they returned from the States. It could've been a different story early on, as Diego Militio found himself with a one on one goalscoring opportunity, only to fire wide much to the dismay of the travelling fans from Italy (And Norfolk baby!). Inter showed flashes of good play, but kept getting frustrated after failing to beat the offside trap on numerous occasions and also giving away several fouls, some of which the manager deemed pretty dubious (Note: I did get pretty pissed off at the amount of fouls given against me at one point, such is life.) Inter have played some lovely passing football in this competition so far, but Barcelona made their own passing game look leagues apart compared to Inter and Lionel Messi's brace sealed a well deserved win for the Spainiards. For Inter, it's back to the drawing board, because their last three matches have seen them concede 9 goals, which now puts them on a negative goal difference for the first time this season.

...In other words, I'm pretty shit at the back. I dropped Materazzi for this game and to be fair I think it would've been more had I played him! Gutted, as I started off so well. Still, long way to go in this bad boy just yet.

I'm just waiting for someone to enter the tournament later on and steal your thunder mate ;)

Archived