Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

The thing that sticks out most for me is the absence of multi quote swiftstrike. Usually when he plays you will get at least 2 or 3 posts from him per day phase with multiple quotes as to who he thinks is scum and the case against them. That has been lacking in this game so far and for that reason alone it makes me suspicious of him. I have nothing better to go on so

Vote Swiftstrike

I also don't mind if you want to vote for me. It would at least be just another vanilla town player rather than a power role

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not really got much of a feel on anyone at the moment asides from previous points brought up against Lion and brownie but I would need to look back over their posts again to see if I still get the same read on them. Had quite a few distractions this week so haven't been able to pay as much attention as I normally would be able to

• Paid Members

Vote Count

Snake Plissken (2) - swiftstrike, bristep123

swiftstrike (3) - Ron Simmons, Chris B, Lion of the Midlands

Not Voting:

SMS, spotlightmagnet1, tom, unfitfinlay, Nexus, brownie, Kenny McBride, Carbomb MA, Snake Plissken

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm Monday 28th March

• Paid Members
The thing that sticks out most for me is the absence of multi quote swiftstrike. Usually when he plays you will get at least 2 or 3 posts from him per day phase with multiple quotes as to who he thinks is scum and the case against them. That has been lacking in this game so far and for that reason alone it makes me suspicious of him. I have nothing better to go on so

Vote Swiftstrike

I also don't mind if you want to vote for me. It would at least be just another vanilla town player rather than a power role

This is another reason I suspect you - you essentially keep saying "don't worry about lynching me, I'm of no use" - even right now when you have no votes on you. It's really making me doubt my vote for swiftstrike (which may be your intention), but at the same time I'm wondering if my theory about you two being linked is actually correct and it's an attempt to distance you from him.

• Paid Members

Add me to the V/LA platoon this weekend.

This has been an intriguing day phase because the only person who's been controversial is SMS with what looks to me like pretty blatent bomb fishing. It also draws up an interesting conundrum for me because I found myself agreeing with some of Bristep's posts which means i'm agreeing with my number one suspect.

I'm not going to throw a vote out there yet because i'll be back on Sunday night.

• Paid Members

From an entirely selfish point of view, I'd like to see a lynch today - I'll be away for a few days, and it'll be annoying to get back, and the game is then on hold for a few more days.

I'm aware that's not very helpful, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Ok, last post prob before Tuesday.

I still don't know where to lay my hat, I can't say I have a strong feeling on anyone in particular. Just for the sake of putting a vote in for now I'll go with:

Vote: SMS

I'm going for you cause you started asking if the bomb should reveal themself, then claimed you wouldn't take any action until the bomb situation was defused (Pardon the pun) making me think either you put all your eggs in one basket suspecting the bomb to be scum or you were trying to play it safe for scum to either lynch or night kill (maybe). It's nothing personal, but it was a toss up between that and Bristep for intangible reasons.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. I finally manage to get some spare time during which I can play this game properly, and everyone ELSE is off on V/LA? Feels more like Mornington Crescent than Mafia Scum, but you'll soon find out what that's really like when I mod my "Mafington Crescent" game - it'll drive Mike up the wall, I think, heheheheh.

Anyway, at the moment, I have to say that there have been numerous little bits and bobs that stand out to me, but nothing particularly concrete that I'd be happy about voting on. Lion's constant "feel free to lynch me" just doesn't strike me as particularly helpful, though I don't think that, in itself, makes him Scum; just that, given we've lost ATG, we shouldn't be blas

• Paid Members

Well im dipping in before heading off for the weekend (Sucker Punch and RIO screenings Woo!) just to say, I can't understand the need for the rush lynch Chris if a lot of us are away on V/LA then nothings really going to happen in thread anyway, so there shouldn't be that much to read up on. I'm not convinced SMS Bomb fishing is suspect, but I think I have an incling of why he's doing it.

• Paid Members
I'm not convinced SMS Bomb fishing is suspect, but I think I have an incling of why he's doing it.

Why do you think he's doing it? I also won't be around much tonight as I'm off to see We Will Rock You

• Paid Members
Well im dipping in before heading off for the weekend (Sucker Punch and RIO screenings Woo!) just to say, I can't understand the need for the rush lynch Chris if a lot of us are away on V/LA then nothings really going to happen in thread anyway, so there shouldn't be that much to read up on.

Oh, it's an utterly selfish and light hearted point. If I miss three days of gameplay (I may get some time on Monday, but not guaranteed), and then there's however many days of night, that's almost a week of no mafia play. Whereas if things wrap up today, we'll be back u playing around the time I get back. Does that make sense?

On a slightly more serious point, if eople are going L/VA, I do think they should put their votes in before they go. Otherwise, we could lack the numbers on a lynch.

Chris makes a good point (not about quicklynching mind you), if you are going V/LA and definitely won't be back before the deadline you really should put a vote in. No vote means you're supporting a no-lynch.

Snake is being all kinds of mysterious, and I'll add the "Ooh neighbourise me Ron" comment to the reasons I voted for him (forgot about it when I voted). There is something not right about him this game, and SMS runs a close second on my suspect board.

Still wary of Ron and Swift as from the last day but they haven't pinged my suspicion in the last day or 2.

• Paid Members

Vote Swiftstrike

See I really don't get this logic at all. Swift posted his normal style (apparently) in the last two games and he was scum in both of those so surely him playing a different game now is more an argument that he is town?

Swift was my top suspect in the last phase but, at this point, I have to say I am more suspicious of Snake than anybody else. His complete dismissal of Swift's vote and accusation against him, claiming he's suspicious of me and Kenny but doesn't know why (which gives the illusion of scum hunting, without actually doing it) and his general inability to keep his story straight earns him my vote.

Vote Snake Plissken

Archived