Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I can't promise I will be back online before the deadline, and as I only went for Lion because of a gut instinct and no real evidence, I will remove my vote.

Unvote: Lion of the Midlands

I am not sure what to make of Andrew the Giant, but he hasn't said that much that I can remember, so if your posts are low or have I can't remember them then you obviously haven't been scum hunting enough.

This might mean he is scum.

I also think Seph might be as well.

As there is no one else voting for Seph this late, and I think we need to lynch someone today, there is only one other person with votes against them so my vote goes to Andrew the Giant.

Vote: Andrew The Giant.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And didn't you say you'd be in hospital? (And from that I hope you work there, and don't have any serious reason to be going in, if it's the latter I hope it all goes well) If you can post while there, there wasn't a need to move your vote like that.

I broke my leg during a V/LA in the last game. But yeah, they're not as strict on phones as they used to be, so when I get a signal (depends where I am) I'm able to post. Didn't know it'd be as easy when I left this morning. That said, I'll still be LA.

• Paid Members
I can't promise I will be back online before the deadline, and as I only went for Lion because of a gut instinct and no real evidence, I will remove my vote.

Unvote: Lion of the Midlands

I am not sure what to make of Andrew the Giant, but he hasn't said that much that I can remember, so if your posts are low or have I can't remember them then you obviously haven't been scum hunting enough.

This might mean he is scum.

I also think Seph might be as well.

As there is no one else voting for Seph this late, and I think we need to lynch someone today, there is only one other person with votes against them so my vote goes to Andrew the Giant.

Vote: Andrew The Giant.

This is some weaksauce right here, SMS. There are other people with votes on them, and this comes after you said 'this one's going nowhere'?

• Paid Members

Ron is only changing his votes around to confuse the lynch and try and get a no lynch. he voted for me when several people said they thought I read town and now he is voting for ATG when several people have said that lynching the lurkers is an unproductive thing to do. He is doing everything he can to ensure a no lynch.

• Paid Members

Please note I edited out my quotes from this as this was looking like a wall of text. the original post I replying to is here

http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2328983

-Fair enough, reading it back, I don't think I was very clear so I'll clarify.

I'm not saying that you've spent the majority of the game pushing that both Chris and Lion are scum. I am saying that you've spent a a lot of the game pushing the importance of analysing the numbers and the numbers, and Lion's RVSing of Chris, are the ONLY reason that you suspect that one or both of them is scum. Clear now?

-As I've said before though, there are far better ways to achieve the second one than deliberately depowering yourselves.

-All right Swift. Since we've established that you no longer think it's that unsual that Chris and Lion have the same numbers, can you clarify who you think is scum and why?

Once again I haven't spent a large amount of the time pushing that the numbers are important merely that they would be worth looking at and as yet I haven't done so because there is other information to be gained in game as well so once again if you are going to accuse me of something how about some evidence rather than the supposition you have thrown at me so far. Other people have been drawing upon the numbers far more than me I just was the first person to bring it up.

Let's blow this MYTH that if the scum are low down on the list they cannot be powered wide open in the sign up thread there were 15 roles between 16 people that means with duplicate picks possible it is more than fair to say that lower down the list scum (or even town) have a chance of being powered ESPECIALLY if you consider the couple of roles that are only useful to the scum Janitor and framer, no towns person should have gone for these roles meaning that even the very last player in the game if he was scum would have a very good chance at getting these roles and therefore be a powered scum.

And to say that the only reason I have suspicions of Chris is in regards to the numbers and the interplay is again incorrect as Chris has OMGUS and WIFOM a defense up much as I did when SMS was fingering me as scum based on TDK writing a good case on SMS and therefore SMS said we had to be scum together despite the fact that TDK wasn't scum, given that me and Chris have similar scum games I beilieve this could be telling. I also suspect that Bristep could have scum slipped but as I already said his position on the list makes it a bad idea to lynch as the possible loss of a good town role is a big risk to take day 1 with very little reads. You also concern me that the only apparent scum hunting you have done all this day phase is disagree with me so apart from me what are you other scum reads? Another person to watch is Snake who has come in stating that he had 2 town reads in Bristep and me and then later turns around and states that his only town read is Lion which strikes me as a contradiction so Snake would you like to explain 1 why the contradition and 2 why giving off town reads is a good idea?

Right 2 days left no real waggoning or strong contenders going on. Lion screams frustrated town to me and Bristep and Swift are also currently on my town reads. Having a quick peek through the thread and I like Kenny could do with a brief update on where we are at.

Tom and Unfitfinaly I don't hink Ive played with either of you before and possibly spotlightmagnet too so would you mind giving me you reads on who you think could be scum and why?

Brownie my former brother in scum before any of you jump off on scumslip trolleys. You've replaced in too, seen anything odd from coming in late?

Also what changed between these two posts.

Well, currently my position is that the only person to me who seems most likely town is Lion. Other than that I would suggest everyone tips the scales for me. I would like to see a response from Brownie on that too.

Unfitfinlay has popped up on the radar currently. I think Bristep is trying to provoke Ron into a scum reaction which while seems slightly scummy is most likely town v town, so I'll keep an eye on that for the moment.

Andrew the Giant is lurking as I have seen him online today, but no content so thats active trying to sail under the radar to me. In fact I think I'll go with a vote for him on those grounds.

Vote Andrew the Giant

Apart from this looking to line up a lynch perhaps

Bristep, are you using the OMGUS retort for everyone who questions you? Anyway people, we now have just over a day left and the only real wagon that has wheels is Swift so can those who have voted please reiterate why you are voting for him? Are you still solidly behind your vote. Is there anyone else who could contest this lynch as a potential lynchee? We need to start taking action.

I am happy to be the person who places the hammer vote.

--

I'm not going to vote yet as there is no one on my list of scum reads that are a possible lynch I'm instead going to re-read the other possible lynches and then make a decision on which of them I think is the most likely scum.

• Paid Members
And to say that the only reason I have suspicions of Chris is in regards to the numbers and the interplay is again incorrect as Chris has OMGUS and WIFOM a defense up much as I did when SMS was fingering me as scum based on TDK writing a good case on SMS and therefore SMS said we had to be scum together despite the fact that TDK wasn't scum, given that me and Chris have similar scum games I beilieve this could be telling.

Let's justify this one, shall we swift?

I was pushing TDK for a while, but the fiasco with the PMs sidetracked that one. However, before that, while you were building your 'case' on me, I was pushing TDK. I started pushing you afterwards, based on you removing significant elements of my quotes in order to push a case on me.

It's not been 'WIFOM', it's been 'this is blatantly false, and here's why'. THAT'S why you got my vote. Not OMGUS, and my defences haven't been WIFOM, with the exception of 'your theory involves scum deliberately giving themselves less of a chance' (which it does).

• Paid Members

Swift the word to take note of there was currently. I currently (At that point) believed you and Bristep to be giving me town reads, that's not to say my opinion could and might have changed. It doesn't really matter who I state I think is town as the scum already know who is town and scum duh. It would have been a bit different if I had said I think Swift is the Cop and Bristep is a doc. I.E. targetting power roles.

THe OMUGUS comment was at Bristep in general, not just this game. Then I moved on and suggested we need a lynch which we do. Then the final comment was I am happy to be the hammer, not a Bristep wagon, but on whomever needs hammering if anyone's afraid of looking scummy.

• Paid Members

Been reading comeback to this

And to say that the only reason I have suspicions of Chris is in regards to the numbers and the interplay is again incorrect as Chris has OMGUS and WIFOM a defense up much as I did when SMS was fingering me as scum based on TDK writing a good case on SMS and therefore SMS said we had to be scum together despite the fact that TDK wasn't scum, given that me and Chris have similar scum games I beilieve this could be telling.

Let's justify this one, shall we swift?

I was pushing TDK for a while, but the fiasco with the PMs sidetracked that one. However, before that, while you were building your 'case' on me, I was pushing TDK. I started pushing you afterwards, based on you removing significant elements of my quotes in order to push a case on me.

It's not been 'WIFOM', it's been 'this is blatantly false, and here's why'. THAT'S why you got my vote. Not OMGUS, and my defences haven't been WIFOM, with the exception of 'your theory involves scum deliberately giving themselves less of a chance' (which it does).

I take it you just didn't read my last post

Let's blow this MYTH that if the scum are low down on the list they cannot be powered wide open in the sign up thread there were 15 roles between 16 people that means with duplicate picks possible it is more than fair to say that lower down the list scum (or even town) have a chance of being powered ESPECIALLY if you consider the couple of roles that are only useful to the scum Janitor and framer, no towns person should have gone for these roles meaning that even the very last player in the game if he was scum would have a very good chance at getting these roles and therefore be a powered scum.

Or do you disagree with the fact there are 15 roles and 2 of which are pretty much scum use only.

--

Also Snake giving off town reads does 2 things 1 if town can let scum know how they are doing 2 if scum are a good way of getting town not to vote for you as your on "there side." or do you disagree with that?

• Paid Members
Ron is only changing his votes around to confuse the lynch and try and get a no lynch. he voted for me when several people said they thought I read town and now he is voting for ATG when several people have said that lynching the lurkers is an unproductive thing to do. He is doing everything he can to ensure a no lynch.

If I was trying to get a no-lynch why would I change my vote from you (when you only had 2 votes) to the guy who has THE MOST votes on him? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a huge mistake for the town to let you live, but no one seems to buy my argument for now, so I might as well just bite the bullet and accept it. I'm pretty certain you'll be found out as they game goes on.

• Paid Members

Swift. If you take your point to it's logical conclusion then no-one should ever mention who they think is scum again. Because if you can't suggest who you think is town/scum then how do we ever get anywhere. Scum will know how they are doing by how many people thye ahve voting for them. If they are L-1 then pretty crap and everyone's onto them, if they have no votes pretty good, so no I don't agree with you.

• Paid Members
Vote Count

swiftstrike (3) - Nexus, Chris B, unfitfinlay

bristep123 (1) - brownie

Ron Simmons (3) - bristep123, Kenny McBride, Lion of the Midlands

Andrew the Giant (3) - spotlightmagnet1, Snake Plissken, seph

Lion of the Midlands (3) - tom, Ron Simmons, SMS

Not Voting:

Andrew the Giant, Carbomb MA, swiftstrike

With 16 Alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day phase ends: 7pm Friday 18th March.

Whenever I question you about something its always WIFOM. Whenever you question me abou anything its because you have a super theory already worked out. I have played this game pretty badly and acknowledge that fact. But you ignore a few people who have said that I don't read as scum, and change your vote so it makes it less likely that there is a lynch. That is all WIFOM though so best you ignore it

If you do get me lynched you are really going to look like scum and will probably be the most likely lynch day 2.

Or you flip as scum and people see I'm right. I don't think my view that you're scum is the popular theory right now which is a shame, because I'm pretty sure I'm right. As it stands it'd be bad for us to lose out on a lynch. I'm gonna be in hospital almost all day from about half an hour so I'm gonna change my vote to option 2.

UNVOTE

VOTE ANDREW THE GIANT

What you did was take from a 3 way tie, not from the person with 2 votes to a person with the most. That was the situation when you finished, not when you started. You keep trying to revise history as you go along and I keep pointing it out. What I would like is for everyone else to see that you can't keep your story straight and you are the most likely scum.

• Paid Members

In fact if the scum think I am on their side then they will just ake me out overnight at somepoint then won't they? If they leave me alive sooner or later (Prefrably sooner) I am going to root them out.

• Paid Members
Please note I edited out my quotes from this as this was looking like a wall of text. the original post I replying to is here

http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2328983

-Fair enough, reading it back, I don't think I was very clear so I'll clarify.

I'm not saying that you've spent the majority of the game pushing that both Chris and Lion are scum. I am saying that you've spent a a lot of the game pushing the importance of analysing the numbers and the numbers, and Lion's RVSing of Chris, are the ONLY reason that you suspect that one or both of them is scum. Clear now?

-As I've said before though, there are far better ways to achieve the second one than deliberately depowering yourselves.

-All right Swift. Since we've established that you no longer think it's that unsual that Chris and Lion have the same numbers, can you clarify who you think is scum and why?

Once again I haven't spent a large amount of the time pushing that the numbers are important merely that they would be worth looking at and as yet I haven't done so because there is other information to be gained in game as well so once again if you are going to accuse me of something how about some evidence rather than the supposition you have thrown at me so far. Other people have been drawing upon the numbers far more than me I just was the first person to bring it up.

You've spent much of the game arguing about Chris and Lion's choice of numbers and Lion's RVSing Chris. That's what I mean when I say you've been pushing the numbers. Even when Chris posted the link that you've said proved that the odds of them picking the same number wasn't that unlikely, you still pushed that the RVS meant that it was still important.

For what it's worth, that isn't the only reason I'm voting for you. Some of your play in the phase has been just odd. You've subtly misquoted Chris through out the game, including when you changed his argument about players in a football match having the same birthday to people in a football stadium having the same birthday and when you edited out the post he was responding to which completely changed the context of his post. I'll read back later but you've done it enough times to make me sure that it must be deliberate and I don't see why a town player would do that.

That's a good point and something I hadn't thought about. It does guarantee that they won't have a chance of getting other roles though, like rolecop, bulletproof or Doctor which would be more useful to them than Janitor and Framer no?

And to say that the only reason I have suspicions of Chris is in regards to the numbers and the interplay is again incorrect as Chris has OMGUS and WIFOM a defense up much as I did when SMS was fingering me as scum based on TDK writing a good case on SMS and therefore SMS said we had to be scum together despite the fact that TDK wasn't scum, given that me and Chris have similar scum games I beilieve this could be telling. I also suspect that Bristep could have scum slipped but as I already said his position on the list makes it a bad idea to lynch as the possible loss of a good town role is a big risk to take day 1 with very little reads. You also concern me that the only apparent scum hunting you have done all this day phase is disagree with me so apart from me what are you other scum reads?

Right now I'm also suspicious of Ron. His actions in the last couple of days have been odd. For example, he says he thinks you and Lion are scum but has switched his votes between Lion and Andrew The Giant, not you. When he thought it was close to deadline, he changed his vote to Lion, who only had one vote and not you who has three. It seems like he's trying to create distance from you but not actually vote. That could mean either that you are both scum or he's scum and doesn't want to be on your wagon when you flip town.

At this point I'm still happy enough with where my vote is but, if nothing changes before deadline, I'll move my vote to prevent a no lynch.

• Paid Members

Im starting to see the cases on both Ron and Swift making sense. The call is though whether it's strong enough to move my vote. Hmm. I'm going to have a quick think about this.

• Paid Members
Vote Count

swiftstrike (3) - Nexus, Chris B, unfitfinlay

bristep123 (1) - brownie

Ron Simmons (3) - bristep123, Kenny McBride, Lion of the Midlands

Andrew the Giant (3) - spotlightmagnet1, Snake Plissken, seph

Lion of the Midlands (3) - tom, Ron Simmons, SMS

Not Voting:

Andrew the Giant, Carbomb MA, swiftstrike

With 16 Alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day phase ends: 7pm Friday 18th March.

Whenever I question you about something its always WIFOM. Whenever you question me abou anything its because you have a super theory already worked out. I have played this game pretty badly and acknowledge that fact. But you ignore a few people who have said that I don't read as scum, and change your vote so it makes it less likely that there is a lynch. That is all WIFOM though so best you ignore it

If you do get me lynched you are really going to look like scum and will probably be the most likely lynch day 2.

Or you flip as scum and people see I'm right. I don't think my view that you're scum is the popular theory right now which is a shame, because I'm pretty sure I'm right. As it stands it'd be bad for us to lose out on a lynch. I'm gonna be in hospital almost all day from about half an hour so I'm gonna change my vote to option 2.

UNVOTE

VOTE ANDREW THE GIANT

What you did was take from a 3 way tie, not from the person with 2 votes to a person with the most. That was the situation when you finished, not when you started. You keep trying to revise history as you go along and I keep pointing it out. What I would like is for everyone else to see that you can't keep your story straight and you are the most likely scum.

I'm actually going to go with that. It's one thing to majorly suspect two people and to wait to see what happens, and it's another to suss them and get a patsy hung so that you can see what happens, especially that if you aren't scum those two suspects will likely hit you in the night.

Vote Ron Simmons

EBWOP: especially *when* you aren't scum they'd hit you.

Archived