Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Shit, I thought today was Friday. Never mind, since it isn't I'm going to hope common sense prevails.

Unvote

Vote Lion Of The Midlands

I thought lynching the lurker was the best option Ron? What's changed based on us having a day to go?

Maybe someone voting on your Lion wagon gave you hope on getting someone claiming town lynched after all.

I don't think Lion is scum, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit it but I am getting a town vibe from him. Bravo if his strops and martyrism were all a controlled plan. Ron you are voting for him based on a hunch that he and Swift concocted a big plan to lynch ChrisB. It's a hell of a plan just to lynch 1 person, and a player almost guaranteed to be vanilla. 1 vanilla kill at the risk of uncovering 2 scum? I don't buy it. The theory has too many holes in it and I really think Ron needs to be seriously looked at as the lynch today.

I thought today was Friday, so at that stage, with no votes on Lion he was the best choice for me. But with a day left I'm still pretty hopeful we'll get rid of the guy I'm convinced is scum.

Ron, if you genuinely thought it was Friday, why did you vote after deadline? And why did you think voting for someone with no votes was a good idea around deadline time? Do you not think we should lynch someone this day phase?

• Paid Members
Shit, I thought today was Friday. Never mind, since it isn't I'm going to hope common sense prevails.

Unvote

I thought lynching the lurker was the best option Ron? What's changed based on us having a day to go?

Maybe someone voting on your Lion wagon gave you hope on getting someone claiming town lynched after all.

I don't think Lion is scum, if I'm wrong I'll freely admit it but I am getting a town vibe from him. Bravo if his strops and martyrism were all a controlled plan. Ron you are voting for him based on a hunch that he and Swift concocted a big plan to lynch ChrisB. It's a hell of a plan just to lynch 1 person, and a player almost guaranteed to be vanilla. 1 vanilla kill at the risk of uncovering 2 scum? I don't buy it. The theory has too many holes in it and I really think Ron needs to be seriously looked at as the lynch today.

I thought today was Friday, so at that stage, with no votes on Lion he was the best choice for me. But with a day left I'm still pretty hopeful we'll get rid of the guy I'm convinced is scum.

Ron, if you genuinely thought it was Friday, why did you vote after deadline? And why did you think voting for someone with no votes was a good idea around deadline time? Do you not think we should lynch someone this day phase?

At that point that you've quoted here is pretty blatantly when I realised it WASN'T Friday. I'd changed my vote to ATG when I thought it WAS Friday from Lion so we'd actually have a lynch today.

• Paid Members

Unvote

He'd voted earlier, which is what I assumed he was referring to.

• Paid Members
Vote Count

swiftstrike (3) - Nexus, Chris B, unfitfinlay

bristep123 (1) - brownie

Ron Simmons (3) - bristep123, Kenny McBride, Lion of the Midlands

Andrew the Giant (4) - spotlightmagnet1, Snake Plissken, seph, Ron Simmons

Not Voting:

Andrew the Giant, Carbomb MA, tom, swiftstrike, SMS

With 16 Alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day phase ends: 7pm Friday 18th March.

Right, we're getting nearer to tomorrow's deadline and like I said, I'm likely to be V/LA for the majority of tomorrow, so I'm going to place my vote down now. Like I've previously said, Lion's aggression and posts which are more or less him saying he's going to take his ball and go home whenever people finger him as someone who is possibly scum, as well as his seeming eagerness to, in TDK's words, stitch TDK up with the PM stuff by not even mentioning the role quote whereas I always made mention of the quote, have opened him up to being a scum suspect. As such, I feel it is important to stick to my gut instincts on this, and I feel that his plea to get people to vote for him could be designed to make sure people do not vote for him and so that they consider him as a sure-fire townie; so therefore I'm going to throw down a vote on him as opposed to simply skirting over him

VOTE Lion_of_the_Midlands

Unvote

Actually what you did Ron was take a vote off the guy with the most votes and put it on the person who at the time was 4th in the voting behind ATG, yourself and swiftstrike.

• Paid Members
EBWOP so what you did was make it harder to get a lynch on someone, not easier

Because there's still a day to get what I believe to be the correct lynch through. So you don't have a point here. If I NEED to change my vote back to Andrew, I can. I happen to think YOU'RE the best lynch, and I have done pretty much all day phase, so don't try and paint this as something that it isn't.

• Paid Members
I dont have to paint it as anything. You are the one who doesn't seem to know what day it is and seemingly can't count. You are also the one who is now getting on the defensive side now that his inconsistencies are been pointed out.

Where are my inconsistencies, then? I've kept the same view about you pretty much all game. I got my days mixed up as I'm currently bed ridden with avpretty severe broken leg. All the days meld into one. I could quite easily have kept my vote on Andrew, but I didn't. Because I believe lynching YOU is best for the town. I've been accused of being defensive before...when I've been town. So it's not a scum tell, it's how I always play. You just seem to be playing WIFOM right now.

• Paid Members

Whenever I question you about something its always WIFOM. Whenever you question me abou anything its because you have a super theory already worked out. I have played this game pretty badly and acknowledge that fact. But you ignore a few people who have said that I don't read as scum, and change your vote so it makes it less likely that there is a lynch. That is all WIFOM though so best you ignore it

If you do get me lynched you are really going to look like scum and will probably be the most likely lynch day 2.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (3) - Nexus, Chris B, unfitfinlay

bristep123 (1) - brownie

Ron Simmons (3) - bristep123, Kenny McBride, Lion of the Midlands

Andrew the Giant (3) - spotlightmagnet1, Snake Plissken, seph

Lion of the Midlands (3) - tom, Ron Simmons, SMS

Not Voting:

Andrew the Giant, Carbomb MA, swiftstrike

With 16 Alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day phase ends: 7pm Friday 18th March.

• Paid Members

Right, had a bit more of a read, and, whilst I don't really have enough to go on to make a proper vote, I will say I think the situation between seph and LOTM requires looking at with a bit more scrutiny. It's not like Lion to get this het up, as he often strikes me as one of the calmer members of the forum. But it's more the apparent tunnel-vision with which seph seems to be going for him which has caught my eye. The aggression and focus of his pushing seems to me to be really trying to push a bandwagon, while egging Ron on surreptitiously.

Normally I wouldn't be suspicious, but Ron's behaviour isn't exactly enticing me to exonerate him, and tom did a very good job of hiding in plain view in the WCW/nWo game, as he appears to be doing right now. If you look back at a lot of his posts, there's not THAT much in the way of substance, and there's quite a bit of goading mixed in there, most likely designed to stir people up, such as those multiple FOS.

I'd like to say that spotlightmagnet's stance towards lurkers is scummy, but unfortunately for me, it isn't really; however, I do think it's misguided, because, as bristep has pointed out, such a policy has cost Town dearly before. Remember that one where we went for CoreyVandal because he basically went AWOL? He turned out to be Town. Even worse, in the same game Chris Stone, who's normally an excellent player, went missing and ended up getting lynched (I think), and he was the Town double-voter.

• Paid Members

Yes but your all forgetting that was further on in the game. This is day 1 and unless we are very lucky odds are we will lynch a town anyway day 1. Lynching a lurker at this point has no bearing on the game. Unless he turns out to be a power role. In my view there's only 2 reasons why people lurk. 1, they are scum and are afraid of saying something that will lead to them coming unstuck or 2, they are VT and can't be bothered.

Either way if AtG doesn't cone in and rapidly do something meaningful, my vote stays where it is and we have less than 12 hours. Time to suck it up boys.

BTW I don't like the re wagon on Lion, looks to me like opportunist scum wagon.

Archived