Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Bristep, please, for you to get all these FOS's turned into votes, please show me where I've even mentioned hours at all?

You agreed with Spotlight, despite him being wrong. I didn't say you mentioned the hours, can you point out where I said you mentioned the hours? Oh that's right, you can't because I didn't. Really, please continue to twist statements.

Bristep, I really do believe that you have slipped up, the reason I did not vote was because it was early in the game and I wanted more from other people, before I finalised a vote, I don't want to waste a vote through a paranoid jump. Now that is either what you are doing, or the more likely, your VERY early slip up has cost you your position and highlighted you to buggery.

Voting me from L-8 to L-7 is "wasting a vote"? See it's stuff like this which is just really anti-town to me. If you *thought* that Swift *may* have hit a nail on the head then the sensible option is to add your vote and put pressure on me. We know that there are 4 scum in the game, so unless I'm at L-5 or less there's no danger of your vote causing an immediate mislynch. I don't buy that as a thought process. I just don't.

Your case on me is flimsy and based on flights of fancy.

No it's not, it's a very strong case based on your actions and words. See, see how easy it is to present opinion as fact?

The fact certain people are coming after me on the basis of Bristep possibly fucking up, and Swiftstrike highlighting it (now that's surreal) is interesting, take note folks in case I do come to an end early on.

"Bristep possibly fucking up" goes against your earlier statement in the same post "Bristep, I really do believe that you have slipped up". It's contradictions like this which make me happy with my vote.

Another thing I'll ask is this, when I'm L-2 leave me for a while, I'll accept my lynching as it'll bring others (scum) to the forefront, I just want to give out my draft pick information before I go, fair enough?

How very noble. Of course a noble statement can make you look more like a martyr than a squirming scum caught in a net.

This is the post that Tom and Snake want a response to. What specifically am I responding to? All I can see there is Bristep getting wound up. To be honest, I don't know what slip up Teedy is referring to.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Even though Lion's case for being Town is extremely weak, I'm still very hesitant to put my vote back on him. He's made almost no case for anyone else over the last week, and his silence immediately before and after the votes on him is notable but on the back of those if he were scum he'd have made a real case on somebody else than just a single, pensive post. By his words he should be back from Cheltenham today... if he went in the first place. And why hasn't he gone up for the Cup race itself?

I think the maths argument is a weak thing to push a lynch on, too, and the reactions to something that's probably asked at GCSE-level are far too OTT to make strong opinions on. Because of it Chris B and Bristep are suss as they're both using the hyperbole against the maths argument and their own counter-hyperbole to suspect different people... without going for the other guy. I may have missed if Chris has followed/endorsed Bri's arguments against Ron and I'm fairly certain Bri has said nothing recently about Swift. It's not enough for a vote from me but I would like to see what Chris feels about Ron and Bri vs Swift.

Even though Lion's case for being Town is extremely weak, I'm still very hesitant to put my vote back on him. He's made almost no case for anyone else over the last week, and his silence immediately before and after the votes on him is notable but on the back of those if he were scum he'd have made a real case on somebody else than just a single, pensive post. By his words he should be back from Cheltenham today... if he went in the first place. And why hasn't he gone up for the Cup race itself?

I think the maths argument is a weak thing to push a lynch on, too, and the reactions to something that's probably asked at GCSE-level are far too OTT to make strong opinions on. Because of it Chris B and Bristep are suss as they're both using the hyperbole against the maths argument and their own counter-hyperbole to suspect different people... without going for the other guy. I may have missed if Chris has followed/endorsed Bri's arguments against Ron and I'm fairly certain Bri has said nothing recently about Swift. It's not enough for a vote from me but I would like to see what Chris feels about Ron and Bri vs Swift.

I said not more than a few posts ago that I think there's a good chance swift is scum, and that I would support a lynch on him if the rest of the town doesn't agree with my thoughts on Ron.

• Paid Members

I said not more than a few posts ago that I think there's a good chance swift is scum, and that I would support a lynch on him if the rest of the town doesn't agree with my thoughts on Ron.

My apologies, I've not been keeping up much as work was a bit hectic yesterday.

• Paid Members

And now I know Lion is back on the board, good afternoon. Did you enjoy Cheltenham?

• Paid Members

Seph, from 45 minutes before your post.

I'm also a bit confused with regards to how you're suggesting I've been pushing hyperbole with regards to the probability point. Bear in mind, people have jumped all over it because they don't understand how it works. It's been used (I strongly suspect by scum) as something to attack me with in this game.

Oh, I'll also say that the Bristep case on Ron seemed strong to me. Ron's come back with a good defence, but I'd be interested in more people's thoughts on it. I'd rather see swift hanged today, for the reasons I've already laid out, plus him now misrepresenting how I put my maths point across. However, Ron would be an acceptable second lynch to me, along with Lion.

• Paid Members
Honestly, I'm pushing you BECAUSE I disagree with everything you've said. The theory that scum would deliberately put themselves to the bottom of the draft list makes no sense, and I know from the last game that you are smart enough to see that. That's why I've been trying to figure out why on earth you've been so committed to the idea? So far that's the only theory that makes any sense to me.

When did I say that you've done nothing but push this all day? You haven't but it has formed a major part of your posts and is the reason that you are trying to push a lynch on Chris and/or Lion.

Seriously, taking you out of the equation for a second, can give me even a remotely credible reason why the scum would willingly sacrifice the chance of powers in order to create distance?

Out of interest, what information did Chris B provide that nullifies the thought that picking the same numbers is so out there?

Once again this is a major misrep please find even 10% of my posts that are saying that it means they both have to be scum or words to that effect. You can't it isn't there I have not pushed heavily that they are both scum yet this is the accusation you are throwing at me here so PROVE IT.

Fair enough, reading it back, I don't think I was very clear so I'll clarify.

I'm not saying that you've spent the majority of the game pushing that both Chris and Lion are scum. I am saying that you've spent a a lot of the game pushing the importance of analysing the numbers and the numbers, and Lion's RVSing of Chris, are the ONLY reason that you suspect that one or both of them is scum. Clear now?

I dont see how taking me out of the equation at the moment is revelant but here is too POSSIBLE reasons scum might choose the same numbers and note I'm only putting this forward as I have been ASKED to by you not because I'm pushing it as fact.

1 they messed up in the discussion thread, unlikely but we have already seen scum mistakes like the Lawz one in the cowboy game.

2 so that any investigative roles would ignore them and that town would consider them town.

As I've said before though, there are far better ways to achieve the second one than deliberately depowering yourselves.

Chris b link to that maths site which Bristep did the calcs off of, Chris argument about the birthdays in a football stadium didn't work for me as the huge amount of people coupled with a relatively small source of numbers 365 days with angeneral range of football going fans of 20-40 Is not that big of a conincedence so I didn't see the relevance to our small sample here but the maths do bare it out.

All right Swift. Since we've established that you no longer think it's that unsual that Chris and Lion have the same numbers, can you clarify who you think is scum and why?

• Paid Members

If I went in the first place you cheeky bastard. Cheltenham isn't just about the Gold Cup. There is a championship race every day of the festival. Wednesday is Champion Chase day, which is the championship race for 2 milers over fences, which is my favourite race of the festival. You don't question anyone elses VLA just mine. Up yours you fucking cunt

Vore Seph

It may be OMGUS but go and fuck yourself.

• Paid Members

brownie, my post was mostly in reference to :

Bristep, I really do believe that you have slipped up, the reason I did not vote was because it was early in the game and I wanted more from other people, before I finalised a vote, I don't want to waste a vote through a paranoid jump. Now that is either what you are doing, or the more likely, your VERY early slip up has cost you your position and highlighted you to buggery.

Voting me from L-8 to L-7 is "wasting a vote"? See it's stuff like this which is just really anti-town to me. If you *thought* that Swift *may* have hit a nail on the head then the sensible option is to add your vote and put pressure on me. We know that there are 4 scum in the game, so unless I'm at L-5 or less there's no danger of your vote causing an immediate mislynch. I don't buy that as a thought process. I just don't.

The 'slip' TDK refers to is bristep not realising that scum had a set amount of time in which to discuss and change their numbers, and then quickly correcting himself after looking at the sign-up thread in a prompt fashion; that is what led to TDK's nail on the head statement. I'm not at home right now so I won't be very active until after 4 probably, just so you all know

If I went in the first place you cheeky bastard. Cheltenham isn't just about the Gold Cup. There is a championship race every day of the festival. Wednesday is Champion Chase day, which is the championship race for 2 milers over fences, which is my favourite race of the festival. You don't question anyone elses VLA just mine. Up yours you fucking cunt

Vore Seph

It may be OMGUS but go and fuck yourself.

Seph's post was all about why he *didn't* think you were scum.

The 'slip' TDK refers to is bristep not realising that scum had a set amount of time in which to discuss and change their numbers, and then quickly correcting himself after looking at the sign-up thread in a prompt fashion; that is what led to TDK's nail on the head statement. I'm not at home right now so I won't be very active until after 4 probably, just so you all know

also, TDK seemed to focus more on the actual fact that I got it wrong at all rather than the time taken to correct myself which is what Swift raised the issue about. (I took less than 2 minutes to post, second guess myself, check the signup thread then post a correction, which Swift deemed impossible.

also, TDK seemed to focus more on the actual fact that I got it wrong at all rather than the time taken to correct myself which is what Swift raised the issue about. (I took less than 2 minutes to post, second guess myself, check the signup thread then post a correction, which Swift deemed impossible.

EBWOP Also he would say things like "I really do believe you have slipped up" but then later in the post "Bristep may have fucked up". It was inconsistant.

• Paid Members
EBWOP : Don't let yourself get so wound up Lion

EBWOP2 : It doesn't help your cause at all, it's so aggressive from you

No one else gets there VLA questioned, how else do you expect me to react. Seph questioned my VLA when no-one ever has questioned a VLA before. He suggested I was a liar about my personal life as a way of avoiding answering questions in the game.

Archived