Smackdown *Spoilers 11/3

Super Cena

Credit: Ben Bodhi and PWInsider

*Booker T, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews are the announcers. Booker got a huge pop coming out.

*Smackdown opens with World champion Edge coming out and challenging Alberto Del Rio to a fight. Del Rio and Brodus Clay come to the ring. Edge nails them but is cut off by Clay. They work him over but Christian makes the save. The heels overcome the best friends until referees break them up. Teddy Long declares there is going to be a Tag main event tonight.

*Kane defeats Wade Barrett by DQ when the Corre attacks. Big Show comes out with a chair to make the save. Teddy Long comes out and decrees it is now Show and Kane vs. Barrett and Heath Slater with the rest of The Corre banned from ringside. That match ends in a DQ win for Show and Kane when The Corre come out anyway. Show gets the chair and nails Ezekiel Jackson and Wade Barrett as the others powder out of the ring.

*Cody Rhodes is seen walking backstage.

*Cody Rhodes defeats JTG in a quick match, wearing his suit and shoes.

*They push that Triple H will respond to the Undertaker tonight.

*Michael Cole interviewed John Cena. They showed clips of what Miz did to Cena on Raw. Cole is all over Cena. Jack Swagger tries to attack Cena and works him over. Cena makes the comeback and throws him out of the ring. Cena goes after Cole, who was taunting him during the beatdown. He grabs Cole but the Attitude Adjustment but Swagger pulls Cole out. In the end, Swagger eats an AA.

*They ran the Sin Cara video.

*Layla El pinned Kaitlyn and they worked her over after the match.

*Michael Cole returned to ringside.

*They are pushing a new Divas calendar hard.

*Rey Mysterio pinned Drew McIntyre with the 619.

*Triple H cuts a promo saying he will beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Undertaker comes out. They have a staredown. Triple H gives Taker the crotch chop. Taker gives Triple H the throat slash and leaves.

*Christian & World champion Edge defeated Alberto Del Roio & Brodius Clay when Christian nailed a Tornado DDT followed by an Edge elbow for the pin.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brodus Clay seems to be doing rather well for himself. Maybe taking Sheamus' spot on Raw? Also pretty gutted for McIntyre not having a match at Wrestlemania, he could have done great things if their was a MITB match.

I'd rather have seen McIntyre in Cole's corner for 'Mania than Jack Swagger. If McIntyre used half the intensity that he used in the Elimination Chamber, they'd have been onto a winner.

Nice to see Christian in the main event with Edge, but does anyone else think that the Tornado DDT has the stigma of a WWF Heat circa 2000 semi-finisher attatched to it? Whenever I see it, it reminds me of a missile-drop kick level move. I know this is ridiculous to say in the world of pro wrestling and how one move can't be 'realer' than another, but surely I can't be the only one who thinks this?

• Awards Moderator
*Triple H cuts a promo saying he will beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Undertaker comes out. They have a staredown. Triple H gives Taker the crotch chop. Taker gives Triple H the throat slash and leaves.

Again?

It's because Swagger is your "proper" college wrestler and so has the true skills to train Cole in the basics. McIntyre would just get angry and kick stuff.

I understand why it's being done in kayfabe terms, I just thought that it would play out a bit better having McIntyre in Swagger's place. Cole hiding behind an intense Drew would be ace and he deserves the WM pay-cheque more than Swagger IMO.

Well yes, I'd much prefer McIntyre in a decent Mania spot too. However there's nowhere really to put him. I'm glad there's no MITB match though.

I agree with this. I said in last week's Smackdown thread that I hoped the gimmicks on the night would be saved for the Undertaker versus Hunter match, and going by the announcement on Raw, it looks like this is the way they're going.

If there's no 'future WWE title match stip' being booked so far like the MITB, I still agree with whoever wrote on here that they should do a John Morrison/Dolph Ziggler match with the winner granted a WWE/WH title match.

• Paid Members

I watch Smackdown every week but try not to look at spoilers. I am proper excited about Wrestlemania at the minute though I had to.

I have one big problem with Smackdown at the minute maybe I have missed an episode. Why has Taker not taken out, The Corre/Kane or anyone who buried him alive.

Triple H kicked shite out of Sheamus and Undertaker does nothing. Did he enjoy getting beat on three consectutive PPV's by his borther. Did he enjoy getting buried by the then Nexus. If he didn't surely he should have fucked them up.

Smackdown looks shite this week hopefully it is a better show than a read.

Drew gets pushed, pushed some more. Get's a couple of main event slots then gets beat by the smallest wrestler in the world. Rey Mysterio go away leave forever you are not welcome.

JTG we wish you all the luck for the future.

No room for mid card champion Kofi either?

Divas match, Divas calander (it's nearly April) but not your mid card champion?

• Paid Members

Looks like a stacked Smackdown to say the least.

Brodus Clay seems to be doing rather well for himself. Maybe taking Sheamus' spot on Raw?

Eh? Brodus is Del Rio's bodyguard, Sheamus has always been on his own. Not sure what you're really getting at with that comment.

Drew gets pushed, pushed some more. Get's a couple of main event slots then gets beat by the smallest wrestler in the world.

Pretty sure this is sarcasm, and fair enough if you don't like Mysterio, but Drew losing to him is hardly something of a burial is it?

I really can't wait for this, it looks great. I like that Brodus Clay as well, he has a unique look that most of the roster lacks.

I thought that on Raw as well, I think he'd be a good bodyguard type for Del Rio. Brodus and Ricardo make a cool little entourage for him.

• Paid Members

Yes sarcasm it was. That aside Rey is shit. It is not a huge burial but Drew had some good momentum going why just destroy it on a throw away match that means nothing to either of them in terms of storylines. Sure people won't remember it in a few weeks time but still fuck Rey Mysterio. I hope Rhodes de-mask's him at Wrestlemania and he leaves forever.

• Paid Members
Yes sarcasm it was. That aside Rey is shit. It is not a huge burial but Drew had some good momentum going why just destroy it on a throw away match that means nothing to either of them in terms of storylines. Sure people won't remember it in a few weeks time but still fuck Rey Mysterio. I hope Rhodes de-mask's him at Wrestlemania and he leaves forever.

But apart from that, Rey's alright then?

Why the Mysterio hate?

Archived