Smackdown *Spoilers 11/3

Super Cena

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yes sarcasm it was. That aside Rey is shit. It is not a huge burial but Drew had some good momentum going why just destroy it on a throw away match that means nothing to either of them in terms of storylines. Sure people won't remember it in a few weeks time but still fuck Rey Mysterio. I hope Rhodes de-mask's him at Wrestlemania and he leaves forever.

But apart from that, Rey's alright then?

Why the Mysterio hate?

I hate Mysterio because he is next to usless. He does not look believable in the ring against anyone. Every move he does is to try and set up the 619. The Elmination Chamber being the biggest example of this. He only made big because of Eddy not off his own back, milked that for all that it was worth. How he ever became Champion is nothing short of a miracle. Sure he has put a shift but has he ever got people over? Has he ever elvated someone? Fuck has he. He is too small done too many steroids and milked his championship run off of someone else's name.

Yeah Drew had momentum sure he lost last week but he was still looking good. He lost to a midget in Mysterio. I mean from a real fighting point of view would Drew lose to Rey in a real fight. It is just not believable. Mysterio winning by a fluke would look better.

Fuck Mysterio and his sloppy looking offence and his general shitness. I hope Rhodes rips his mask off and shits on his face.

Yes sarcasm it was. That aside Rey is shit. It is not a huge burial but Drew had some good momentum going why just destroy it on a throw away match that means nothing to either of them in terms of storylines. Sure people won't remember it in a few weeks time but still fuck Rey Mysterio. I hope Rhodes de-mask's him at Wrestlemania and he leaves forever.

Why the Mysterio hate?

I hate Mysterio because he is next to usless. He does not look believable in the ring against anyone. Every move he does is to try and set up the 619. The Elmination Chamber being the biggest example of this. He only made big because of Eddy not off his own back, milked that for all that it was worth. How he ever became Champion is nothing short of a miracle. Sure he has put a shift but has he ever got people over? Has he ever elvated someone? Fuck has he. He is too small done too many steroids and milked his championship run off of someone else's name.

Yeah Drew had momentum sure he lost last week but he was still looking good. He lost to a midget in Mysterio. I mean from a real fighting point of view would Drew lose to Rey in a real fight. It is just not believable. Mysterio winning by a fluke would look better.

Fuck Mysterio and his sloppy looking offence and his general shitness. I hope Rhodes rips his mask off and shits on his face.

so by using that logic surely the big show should never loose a match and have been champion sinse his debut as no one would be able to beat a guy his size.

• Paid Members

Why the Mysterio hate?

so by using that logic surely the big show should never loose a match and have been champion sinse his debut as no one would be able to beat a guy his size.

Yeah no one would ever beat Big Show. He is tall and fat hardly going to catch someone who is tall and athletic. Maybe i am just being a dick today in a funny mood but i do hate Mysterio. I think Cena or Orton could take Big Show in a proper fight but maybe that's a different thread. What about Tyler Reks, Kahli, Undertaker. Thry could all possibly take Show as well. I just don't like Mysterio.

• Paid Members

Why the Mysterio hate?

I hate Mysterio because he is next to usless. He does not look believable in the ring against anyone. Every move he does is to try and set up the 619. The Elmination Chamber being the biggest example of this.

Utter nutcase-ary. Rey's performance in the Chamber was outrageously good, he bumped like a fucking pinball. As for every move trying to et up the 619, I'd question what Rey Mysterio matches you've actually ever watched. Outrageous comment.

He only made big because of Eddy not off his own back, milked that for all that it was worth. How he ever became Champion is nothing short of a miracle.

Call me crazy, but I actually think Mysterio would've actually had at least one crack at the World title regardless of Eddie's passing. Not as soon as he did, that I'll grant you, but I genuinely believe he'd win one of the belts one day through his hard work if nothing else. He was destined to become WWE's first little man World Champion, if that makes sense.

Sure he has put a shift but has he ever got people over?

Alberto Del Rio springs to mind immediately!

Are you out of your mind? Actually, don't answer that...

Fuck Mysterio and his sloppy looking offence and his general shitness.

...Because that just proves you are. He's one of WWE's most unique attractions and easily watchable guys in the ring. He's no more sloppy than anyone else on the roster. You're just a bitter, twisted detractor of his more than anything.

I hope Rhodes rips his mask off and shits on his face.

Charming.

• Paid Members

Why the Mysterio hate?

I hate Mysterio because he is next to usless. He does not look believable in the ring against anyone. Every move he does is to try and set up the 619. The Elmination Chamber being the biggest example of this.

Utter nutcase-ary. Rey's performance in the Chamber was outrageously good, he bumped like a fucking pinball. As for every move trying to et up the 619, I'd question what Rey Mysterio matches you've actually ever watched. Outrageous comment.

He only made big because of Eddy not off his own back, milked that for all that it was worth. How he ever became Champion is nothing short of a miracle.

Call me crazy, but I actually think Mysterio would've actually had at least one crack at the World title regardless of Eddie's passing. Not as soon as he did, that I'll grant you, but I genuinely believe he'd win one of the belts one day through his hard work if nothing else. He was destined to become WWE's first little man World Champion, if that makes sense.

...Because that just proves you are. He's one of WWE's most unique attractions and easily watchable guys in the ring. He's no more sloppy than anyone else on the roster. You're just a bitter, twisted detractor of his more than anything.

Charming.

He was terrible in the Chamber I watched it. Head scissors spinning shit move or anything to set up 619. He tried to hit the 619 about 8 times before he hit it on someone in the Chamber. Fair enough if you like him but I like wrestlers who can wrestle. Who can tell a story in the ring who can do some proper actual wrestling. He can't do anyone of these. He just does shit moves that look weak to set up 619 that looks shit and weak.

He lived off the name of Edyy he would have never become champion without his death he simply is not good enough. He is not a unique attractions he is a beat up old wrestler who looked good in a light weight or cruiser weight division but not in a heavy weight. He is far from watchable in the ring he just isn't believable there is being a under dog then there is being just shit he is the latter.

Alberto didn't need Rey to get him over the guy has loads of charisma he could have got over fighting anyone. Sin Cara is coming Rey is finished.

I am not bitter or twisted never liked him ever. If you like him crack on I am a fan of wrestling though not a fan of shit flip 619 bullshit and he must have forgotten how to sell as well. He gets picked up by a 6'5 man and dropped on his head then 5 seconds later is flipping around like a jackass.

I may regret this disscussion when I am in a less funny mood tomorrow but I will still stand by that Rey Mysterio is shit and was the worst Champion in the history of WWE.

• Paid Members

Why the Mysterio hate?

Charming.

He was terrible in the Chamber I watched it. Head scissors spinning shit move or anything to set up 619. He tried to hit the 619 about 8 times before he hit it on someone in the Chamber. Fair enough if you like him but I like wrestlers who can wrestle. Who can tell a story in the ring who can do some proper actual wrestling. He can't do anyone of these. He just does shit moves that look weak to set up 619 that looks shit and weak.

He lived off the name of Edyy he would have never become champion without his death he simply is not good enough. He is not a unique attractions he is a beat up old wrestler who looked good in a light weight or cruiser weight division but not in a heavy weight. He is far from watchable in the ring he just isn't believable there is being a under dog then there is being just shit he is the latter.

Alberto didn't need Rey to get him over the guy has loads of charisma he could have got over fighting anyone. Sin Cara is coming Rey is finished.

I am not bitter or twisted never liked him ever. If you like him crack on I am a fan of wrestling though not a fan of shit flip 619 bullshit and he must have forgotten how to sell as well. He gets picked up by a 6'5 man and dropped on his head then 5 seconds later is flipping around like a jackass.

I may regret this disscussion when I am in a less funny mood tomorrow but I will still stand by that Rey Mysterio is shit and was the worst Champion in the history of WWE.

I'm not even going to try and argue those points, because they have barely any substance whatsoever. If you don't like him, at least back up your opinions with some credibility, rather than "Oh, he does flippy floppy shit" and he can't tell a story and "I'm in a funny mood."

• Paid Members

Ok his move set is weak for a start. All the head scissors and hurricanranas he does are weak looking and certainly don't look like they could take a bigger more physically superior man off his feet.

His leg kicks are mis-placed and his leg slapping to make the move sound more effective is way to obvious.

He does pretty much the same moves all the time not really mixing it up and over the last couple of years it has become really noticable to me. I hate the way every move he does is some kind of move to set up the 619 or at least about 80 percent of his move set is trying to set up the 619.

His jumping senton off the rope after the 619 looks weak as well he doesn't look pwerful enough to take someone down with it.

You say he would have won the one of the big titles if Eddy had not passed is just a whole crock of shit. He has built his legacy off of a dead mans name simple as. The WWE do not push little guys to the top. If they do get a mini push they are back down in the midcard before they know it.

His first title run was a joke. Yes he was booked badly but how else could you book him. How can he look strong against other guys. he can't really beat them down a great deal so what is he meant to do.

No doubt kids love him love the mask but he is not a good wrestler. He is no where near the level of Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Jomo, Del Rio four of the current crop of stars who could put a match on much better than him.

Punk Carried him last year if punk wasn't so fucking good Mysterio would have had no good feuds last year. Alberto Rio carried him as well. Mysterio meant to be bringing theAlberto Del Rio along and gets out performed by him.

His promo skills are dire he has no passion, no anger. He sounds like a 12 year old kid on the mic.

When he first debuted he was a lot more able bodied. he has since abused steroids fucked him self up in the ring from all the years of wrestling and for the last couple of years has been stinking up the WWE.

Sin Cara is Mysterios replacement WWE can see that Mysterio is damaged goods and have got in a fresher more athletic guy. Mysterio will probably stick around as a road agent but i cannot see him being on tv after this year.

So yeah I dis-like him you like him what reasons have you got for liking him? I would be very interested in knowing what you think he brings to WWE apart from the cash from his masks.

Alberto is already higher up the card than him won't be long till Sin Cara is so where does that leave him?

crawlingwest does have some valid points. I, too, was bored of most of Rey's performance in the Elimination Chamber, and of course he's shit on the mic. He's a whiny little child but then he's not aimed at someone my age. However, his feuds with CM Punk and Chris Jericho over the last couple of years were stunning, easily some of the best wrestling in WWE in recent years, and you can't say Rey had nothing to do with any of it.

• Paid Members
crawlingwest does have some valid points. I, too, was bored of most of Rey's performance in the Elimination Chamber, and of course he's shit on the mic. He's a whiny little child but then he's not aimed at someone my age. However, his feuds with CM Punk and Chris Jericho over the last couple of years were stunning, easily some of the best wrestling in WWE in recent years, and you can't say Rey had nothing to do with any of it.

How was Rey's performance in the chamber boring? Sorry, but I just can't understand that. He was pretty energetic and he bumped like nobodies business. Promo-wise, he's just fine. Nothing spectacular, but then he doesn't sell tickets based on his promo ability. But as you pointed out, he's not exactly aimed at an older generation anyway. He's hardly the worst person on the microphone ever though so I'm not really sure what relevance the point has.

Edit: Crawlingwest, your overriding Mysterio hatred is shocking.

I'm another who thought Mysterio was tremendous in the Chamber. Considering the value (or lack thereof) of the title at stake in that match and the near certainty that Edge was winning it, I thought it was a superb effort on Mysterio's part (with the help of Edge) to inject some suspense into it and make the fans second-guess the result.

It's interesting that some are seemingly blaming him for 'derailing' Drew McIntyre's push. Drew McIntyre had about 6 months worth of being pushed last year where he couldn't get anyone to stay awake during one of his matches, and yet he came out of the EC looking like a million dollars. A big part of that was the sick lawn dart bump that Rey took headfirst into the chamber for him - without that, Drew's biggest moment in the match would've been nutting the glass like a care in the community case.

The 'real fight' argument is pretty redundant, too. The point about the Big Show has already been made (and no, Cena and Orton wouldn't stand a chance in a fight with him), but go back the last couple of years to two of the greatest matches in recent history: applying the same standards, who on earth would think Shawn Michaels would have a chance in a fight against the Undertaker? But because he was over and a master of making fans suspend their disbelief, we got some great matches out of that.

I understand the argument that Mysterio is maybe a bit overprotected, but to suggest he's useless and can't work a match anymore is silly.

Wasn't too impressed...

So there was no Triple H/Undertaker confrontation, just a lone Triple H speech that might as well have not happened. Cena and Cole was an utter letdown as well.

I don't know if there's a slow build going on with Edge and Christian, but their "reunion" was very underwhelming.

Cody Rhodes was the star of the show, for me. Great presence and character in everything he did. Not much else worthwhile on it. Kofi hasn't been on for a good two weeks now, I don't think he's been on Superstars either, is he selling the injury that Alberto/Swagger gave him or is he actually injured? There are loads of midcarders with not much going on at the moment, which is a shame in WrestleMania season.

Is there not quite a big flaw in this current Cody Rhodes story, in the sense that we can see quite clearly that his face is completely fine?

All this talk of his "dashing looks being ruined" and "extensive re-constructive surgery" all seems really silly when he's wearing a see-through mask that shows his face looking exactly the same as normal.

Is the point that he's actually fine, and he's making a big bullshit deal out of it because he's a heel? If so, why is no-one calling him on his bullshit?

Or are we meant to believe that he really got injured, and (despite looking fine after the 'injury', without a spot of blood) did actually have serious surgery on his face - despite it looking fine?

I just think it's a bit odd.

Archived