Jersey Shore's Snooki to guest host Raw - March 14th

ChapManiA

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/07/snooki-wwe-m...g-jersey-shore/

Snooki is finally getting in the wrestling ring ... and it will all go down one week from tonight on WWE's "Monday Night Raw" ... TMZ has learned.

So far, it's unclear if the "Jersey Shore" star will actually FIGHT during the live event from St. Louis, MO ... but we already know she can take a punch

In your face TNA. :thumbsup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just when RAW is getting good and leaving all the 'comedy' bullshit behind, they're going back to the dreadful guest host crap?

I wonder if the lads who were all over TNA for 'stealing ideas' from the WWE last week for the Sting hype video will turn up in this thread...

• Paid Members

Agreed Pauly seems the most genuine on the show alone with Vinny I guess. Said it a few weeks back though but Ronnie is like a Italian version of Brock Lesnar to me and he throws 1 bombs out all time so he could be took somewhat legit for a

Big difference between being shit and copying someone who is better than you really really badly, and being on top and getting bigger stars.

Really? Considering the WWE have had about 18 months since Jersey Shore became popular to do a promotion, and choose to announce it about a week after TNA anounce their own tie-in, I don't think there is that big a difference. If TNA's promo video was 'copying', then this certainly is.

And 'bigger stars'? It's fucking Snooki. She might be a marginally bigger character than the other two, but she's still known for that show and that show alone. I wish they'd put the pointless celebrity fetish to bed already, it was horrible in 2009 and I can't see it getting much more entertaining with Snooki fluffing lines all over the shop.

• Paid Members
Agreed Pauly seems the most genuine on the show alone with Vinny I guess. Said it a few weeks back though but Ronnie is like a Italian version of Brock Lesnar to me and he throws 1 bombs out all time so he could be took somewhat legit for a

• Paid Members
Big difference between being shit and copying someone who is better than you really really badly, and being on top and getting bigger stars.

Really? Considering the WWE have had about 18 months since Jersey Shore became popular to do a promotion, and choose to announce it about a week after TNA anounce their own tie-in, I don't think there is that big a difference. If TNA's promo video was 'copying', then this certainly is.

And 'bigger stars'? It's fucking Snooki. She might be a marginally bigger character than the other two, but she's still known for that show and that show alone. I wish they'd put the pointless celebrity fetish to bed already, it was horrible in 2009 and I can't see it getting much more entertaining with Snooki fluffing lines all over the shop.

I think you underestimate Snooki's star power at the moment. I was in NYC a few weeks back and shes fucking everywhere. Endorsements and products coming out of her arse.

• Paid Members

The timing's wrong for me. They already have the Rock at the minute. Wouldnt it have been better to save her until after WrestleMania, to try and save them from the annual post WrestleMania plunge? Austin, Rock and Snookie all together seems a bit of a waste. I assume this wont be a one shot deal, since she was in negotiations weeks ago for a WrestleMania appearance. Surely the money they are paying her wont be just for a Raw appearance.

• Paid Members

I'd say it's more "topping" than copying.

Sort of like when TNA spent months making Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt "Jackasses" as a tie in to Jackass 2, and then Johnny Knoxville and that appeared on RAW.

I've never seen the Jersey Shore but I at least know who Snooki is. Never even heard of the others before they showed up in TNA.

• Paid Members

The Situation vs. Zack Ryder needs to happen before poor Zack gets unjustifiably released. He keeps calling him out on his Youtube channel, so hopefully the Snooki thing might lead to our Zack finally proving who the man is. Ryder's so class. He puts Robbie E to shame, because he's beyond useless. Robbie E might be the worst character and worst actor in wrestling at the minute.

I'd say it's more "topping" than copying.

Sort of like when TNA spent months making Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt "Jackasses" as a tie in to Jackass 2, and then Johnny Knoxville and that appeared on RAW.

I've never seen the Jersey Shore but I at least know who Snooki is. Never even heard of the others before they showed up in TNA.

I just wish they'd leave shite celebrities with nothing to do with wrestling alone, to be honest. I can't really see the average Jersey Shore viewer tuning into RAW just because Snooki's on, and I can't see her having much aptitude for wrestling promos. The WWE can do celebrity involvement really well when there are bonafide celebrities who might attract some genuine crossover interest (usually mainstream sports stars like Tyson or Mayweather). They can also do celebrities really badly when they hire them for the sake of it - Knoxville was an embarrassment, as were 80% of the guest hosts. WWE is starting to do the bread and butter of wrestling angles pretty well again, so I don't want them to fuck it up by retreating back into all this 'pop culture' (which, let's face it, the McMahon's have no fucking clue about) nonsense.

Archived