30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Paid Members
Antagonist:

liquid1.jpg

The one and only Liquid Snake. Meglomaniacal, insane and so OTT it hurts, Liquid is the best Bond villain to never face off against 007. His story and character arc are wonderful to watch and it's probably my favourite voice performance in gaming history.

"HAVE AT YOU SNAKE!"

LIQUID!

Yes, yes, yes and YES. Some of my favourite metal gear moments have involved Liquid. I would have chosen him but I really am trying not to answer every question with Metal Gear :( You're spot on about the Bond villain-ness. He is who every evil genius should look up to.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Antagonist

nemesis.jpg

You'd hear his music, and just know shit was bout to go down. Terrifying, but at least when his music played it gave you a warning, unlike the times when you'd just be walking about, minding your own business (as much as you could in a zombie infested city, anyway), and then *BLAM, PTSSSSHHHH* the fucker would dive through a window. There was no escape, like Gatso catching the scent of a vulnerable women, he just kept HUNTING you. He also put a stop to the old "Go into another room and regroup" strategy, yeah, if you ran away from Nemesis into another room he'd STILL KEEP CHASING YOU!, revolutionary, there were no safe-havens in the game. I'm not sure summing him up as a "Monster that can open doors!" does him justice, but it'll have to do, and come to think of it, I'm not sure it's even been done since.

Seconded, I was struggling to think of my favourite baddie. Just as I was about to give up and just put Ganon, I saw this. I quite literally shit myself everytime I could hear him shout 'STARSSSSSSSSSSSSS'

Favourite protagonist- Link

Legend.of.Zelda.261436.jpg

To me, he is the ultimate hero. Against all odds, this plucky youngster blossoms into a powerful and courageous warrior. And somehow, despite wearing green and having long blonde hair, is damn cool.

Is everybody happy with tomorrow still being a 'Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in'?

Sorry for my lack of involvement today, I have racked and racked my brains but unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with an answer worth giving. The type of games I've always played on have never really been based around 'goodies' and 'badies', I've always been more of a sports gaming fan.

Maybe just 'best setting' or particular stage or area or something more straight foward like that would be better? There's nothing like that on the list and people might not necessarily want to live in their favourite area.

Okay, this might sound ridiculous but I'm going to go with Pallet Town. It just holds so many good memories, knowing that you had the full adventure in front of you. Throw in the background music too and you feel like you're a kid getting the biggest hug ever off your favourite Gran.

pallettown.jpg

Straight outta' Ganton, yo.

GTASA_PC_Los_Santos_from_Idlewood.jpg

Los Santos is my favourite GTA area ever. The orange street lamps, fenced housing, and overgrown bushes all capture the whole COPS vibe perfectly. Rockstar do a perfect job of nailing the ambiance of turn of the decade, Crack epidemic LA. It's not too big and not too small, either. You can drive from the ghettos through the commercial district and right out to the steep hills and beaches of glitzy Vinewood in no time. And it's all surrounded by the awesome country areas. Driving into or out of the city listening to Radio X is an awesome experience I will never forget. Likewise is loading up a four door car with some of your buddies, putting on Radio Los Santos, and taking a turn up the fenced bridge into the Balla lands for a bit of drive by fun.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere in or around it though. That honour goes to the rolling pastures of Cyrodiil in Oblivion. A game I played for so long that I actually started to favour the simple, pastoral lifestyle of it over my own awful modern life.

Archived