At last a good story line !

robrage

I was impressed with Cm Punk/Orton story line on Raw this week. It was explained well by punk why he was doing this to orton and showed footage of the incident. Just like real life, sometimes you have to bide your time before you get revenge :sly:

• Paid Members

The strange thing is, when Punk attacked Orton at the Rumble the first thing that flashed through my mind was "that's rather random, what reason does Punk have for doing that," then remembered their past and how Punk never really went for any revenge when he came back, which I thought at the time made him look piss weak. But I really doubted WWE would dig it out of the archive, because they seem to be rather forgetful a lot of the time. I bet you anything it was Chicago Made himself that volunteered that as an explanation when the writers told him they would be programmed together.

Actually, that was a lie. The FIRST thing I thought when Punk attacked Orton was "shit, there goes Cena v Punk for Mania then." I'm starting think they will never have a decisive one on one blow off. Cena costing Punker the title shot at Elimination Chamber will have to do I guess.

• Paid Members

judging by this it seems it was something even forgotten by the creative team

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17688

Backstage News on the Punk-Orton Feud, More News

Date Added: February 10, 2011

Story By: Marc Middleton

- Former WWE star Colin Delaney will be appearing at the USWO event in Nashville, Tennessee on February 11th.

- WWE Champion The Miz was at the Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers basketball game this week.

- Former WWE developmental talent Joe Doering won the All Japan Pro Wrestling tag team titles this week in his first match back since knee surgery. Doering previously held the belts with The Great Muta before signing with WWE.

- Word is that CM Punk is the one who reminded WWE creative about the segment at Unforgiven 2008 where Randy Orton and Legacy attacked him. WWE used the clip on this week's RAW to fuel the current storyline between Orton and Punk.

It's a storyline that actually has a lengthy context for a change what with the Unforgiven 2008 tie-in, loved it. Thought the ensue-ing events could have had a bit more substance than a simple beatdown as has been the formula for the last few years.

It's a decent feud which hopefully see's Punk going over. Orton vs Punk has needed to happen for a while and hopefully the match will deliver, it's actually a first which is a must for wrestlemania.

I don't know if you meant one on one wise, but the two have faced each other.

I wanna say a couple of times as I know they faced each other on a show in Japan, but I'm drawing a blank for anything else specific.

Archived