At last a good story line !

robrage

Ive been saying its should be Punk vs Orton vs Cena Vs Miz since before the rumble, it would make the title match less predictable and could leave the singles feuds for after mania.

Yeah I think it would just be more fun that Miz/Cena and Punk/Orton. I'm not too sure how they'd set it up now though, maybe Punk would win the Chamber due to Nexus shocking interference, then mystery GM puts Cena and Orton in the match at mania?

It's a decent feud which hopefully see's Punk going over. Orton vs Punk has needed to happen for a while and hopefully the match will deliver, it's actually a first which is a must for wrestlemania.

I don't know if you meant one on one wise, but the two have faced each other.

I wanna say a couple of times as I know they faced each other on a show in Japan, but I'm drawing a blank for anything else specific.

They've been on opposing 6/8 man tag matches a few times so it's likely that the two have exchanged a scoop slam and a clothesline, but as far as I'm concerned a one on one between the two is new. Punk and Orton are the only two main eventers who haven't had extensive feuds ala Orton/HHH/Cena/Sheamus and Mania is a good place for their first one on one or atleast pay per view match.

Punk and Orton have had a few TV singles matches, but nobody remembers them so it's as good as new.

Here's one from 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BAvKp-DrfQ

And they did actually have a little feud after that punt to the head, here's a lumberjack match from it:

It was all TV stuff building up to the formation of Legacy and an Orton vs Batista pay-per-view feud though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Punk did already try and get revenge on Randy for punting him, but Punk was being booked pretty weakly at the time, and he wasnt really portrayed as much of a challenge for Orton. I'm pretty sure they had a blow off match to this mini feud, in which Orton ended up punting Dibiase while Legacy was in the early formation stages.

That match with the DQ and DiBiase getting kicked wasn't the blow-off match. That happened a couple of weeks before the Lumberjack match I linked to above. The LJ match was the "feud-ender" I think, and ended with Orton winning, going to kick Punk in the head again, and getting interrupted by a spear from Batista. Then a mass brawl broke out. It was building up to Survivor Series and spun off into Orton-Batista and Punk-Regal feuds.

Archived