Billy Gunn in Herne Bay

Dr Reefer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this from Angry Marks

Billy Gunn will be appearing for Varsity Pro Wrestling in Herne Bay, England on February 22nd. :omg:

Anyone know anything about this?

He's made countless appearances for VPW in the past, dating back to 2006, so this is probably correct.

Road Dogg/BG James and Hardcore Holly have also been on a few recent tours.

I got this from Angry Marks

Billy Gunn will be appearing for Varsity Pro Wrestling in Herne Bay, England on February 22nd. :omg:

Anyone know anything about this?

He's made countless appearances for VPW in the past, dating back to 2006, so this is probably correct.

Road Dogg/BG James and Hardcore Holly have also been on a few recent tours.

Are VPW shows child friendly (I'll assume if they have repeat bookings with the likes of Billy Gunn that they can put on a good show)

• Paid Members
EWW run in Herne Bay, are they not running there any more?

Where are VPW at? Kings Hall is a great wrestling venue.

So far as I know EWW are still running Herne Bay, they were there in November and did plan to run next month but have had to postpone. Surprised to see another promotion booking a town that has an established regular already, but I suppose this sort of thing happens a lot these days.

although i'm vaguely local to this i definitely will not be attending

i went to the last show at the guildhall where the hurricane was advertised and the crowd was told that he'd had a "diva moment" and wouldn't get on the plane due to the position of seat booked for him. i went online the day after the show and watched the videos that the hurricane had put up and he stated that VPW had not sorted a visa for him to work and told him to say he was working for charity when he arrived in the country, although this is not allowed without a visa anyway! and that they hadn't paid the deposit he always asks for independent bookings, yet again VPW not providing the advertised entertainment as the company is not run correctly or with fans in mind.

the show was yet again an ego trip for the UK Kid, putting himself in the main event, and having a very poor undercard, definitely not worth the money i paid for my ticket.

a steel cage match has been advertised for the next guildhall show, but who wants to see the UK Kid vs Jake McCluskey anyway, 2 guys who can't get any properly paid bookings anywhere else, shows the calibre of their talent roster!

back on topic, for VPW to have the nerve of trying to steal a venue from another promotion is just ridiculous and shows an utter lack of respect

Which begs the question: Of all the promotions in the uk, would you REALLY want to tread on the toes of EWW promoter The Dominator?

Seems decency, respect and common sense has been lost when it comes to VPW's booking department.

From the little I know of him, Dominator seems like the kinda guy that would sort this out in the oldsckool way. Might be worth the price of the ticket just to see if things kick off....

• Paid Members
although i'm vaguely local to this i definitely will not be attending

i went to the last show at the guildhall where the hurricane was advertised and the crowd was told that he'd had a "diva moment" and wouldn't get on the plane due to the position of seat booked for him. i went online the day after the show and watched the videos that the hurricane had put up and he stated that VPW had not sorted a visa for him to work and told him to say he was working for charity when he arrived in the country, although this is not allowed without a visa anyway! and that they hadn't paid the deposit he always asks for independent bookings, yet again VPW not providing the advertised entertainment as the company is not run correctly or with fans in mind.

the show was yet again an ego trip for the UK Kid, putting himself in the main event, and having a very poor undercard, definitely not worth the money i paid for my ticket.

a steel cage match has been advertised for the next guildhall show, but who wants to see the UK Kid vs Jake McCluskey anyway, 2 guys who can't get any properly paid bookings anywhere else, shows the calibre of their talent roster!

back on topic, for VPW to have the nerve of trying to steal a venue from another promotion is just ridiculous and shows an utter lack of respect

The last time VPW had a Steel Cage Match, Bob Holly turned heel and bloodied some rookie. Nothing wrong with that! :laugh:

Jesus. I just wanted to know if it was legit and if it was the sort of show I could take an 8 year old wrestling obsessed boy to. Although I spoke to the admin of the EWW Facebook page a while back asking if he would consider running a show in Margate and he wouldn't out of respect to Sanjay Bagga. Which to be honest didn't make a lot of sense to me. LDN run 2 shows a year here, surely there is room for more wrestling shows without cutting into each others action.

I went to the VPW website and tried to get more info, and the first thing I'm greeted with is a picture of a WWE cage at a WWE event, which struck me as thoroughly unprofessional and made me instantly decide not to go. They're obviously trying to promote themselves as something they're not.

Haven't VPW had several instances where talent they booked "mysteriously" don't turn up like the Hurricane mentioned above, and also Booker T back in the day?

Gunn is booked for 1PW at the end of May...... I know, I know, but they probably have the better track record when it comes to imports against VPW.

• Paid Members
Haven't VPW had several instances where talent they booked "mysteriously" don't turn up like the Hurricane mentioned above, and also Booker T back in the day?

Gunn is booked for 1PW at the end of May...... I know, I know, but they probably have the better track record when it comes to imports against VPW.

Twice they've changed the import at the last minute just before the show starts at shows i've been to. Booker T was replaced by... Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg was replaced by... Billy Gunn.

Archived