Billy Gunn in Herne Bay

Dr Reefer

Haven't VPW had several instances where talent they booked "mysteriously" don't turn up like the Hurricane mentioned above, and also Booker T back in the day?

Gunn is booked for 1PW at the end of May...... I know, I know, but they probably have the better track record when it comes to imports against VPW.

Twice they've changed the import at the last minute just before the show starts at shows i've been to. Booker T was replaced by... Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg was replaced by... Billy Gunn.

that wouldnt be easy now with the tougher immigration laws in the UK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which begs the question: Of all the promotions in the uk, would you REALLY want to tread on the toes of EWW promoter The Dominator?

Seems decency, respect and common sense has been lost when it comes to VPW's booking department.

From the little I know of him, Dominator seems like the kinda guy that would sort this out in the oldsckool way. Might be worth the price of the ticket just to see if things kick off....

I wouldnt go buying any tickets just yet....the day VPW step foot in Herne Bay is the day I'll let Staniforth pin me clean.

i just heard from my pal that Billy Gunn is meant to be booked in florida that day. . Either way this smacks of Uk Kid up to his usual shit.

just did an online check on VPW, it seems a lot of their imports pull on them, is Billy Gunn is meant to be booked elsewhere I guess he wont be in Herne Bay :-(

I caught all the EWW shows at Herne Bay, one time i went and the atmosphere was CRAZY! Haven't seen any of their shows advertised for a while but would love to see them back here.

i just heard from my pal that Billy Gunn is meant to be booked in florida that day. . Either way this smacks of Uk Kid up to his usual shit.

just did an online check on VPW, it seems a lot of their imports pull on them, is Billy Gunn is meant to be booked elsewhere I guess he wont be in Herne Bay :-(

I caught all the EWW shows at Herne Bay, one time i went and the atmosphere was CRAZY! Haven't seen any of their shows advertised for a while but would love to see them back here.

E.W.W will be returning to Herne Bay this year according to their facebook. They have a loyal fanbase there, and always draw a good 200+ Its no wonder other prommotions want to get in on the venue, but i fail to see how booking a show on a tuesday night, In a venue that is sucsessfully run by another prommotion with a star that is rumoured to be booked somewhere else is good business. VPW have a lot to learn. And in my opinion, winding up the likes of the Dominator and co is not the way to go about it.

in the respect of VPW and not high jacking the thread. i can confirm Billy is booked for VPW on the said date. i did call Billy when i 1st heard to confirm and he deinied at 1st. but with in minutes i had a call back and it was 100% confirmed. while i will not comment on how they got him. as far as 1PW in concerned Billy WILL be at VPW. i will not comment on anything else however

If Billy Gunn is coming I am going to be there.

As long as they put on a good show thats all I care about when I pay my money.

Saying that I would be pissed off if I was EWW though, but don't a lot of promotions run in the same areas?

They shouldnt, its bad form. And if you are planning to invade another promotions territory, then good manners suggest that you would approach said rival promoter first.

What UK Kid has to remember is that EWW is a very tight family unit, and as you know in britwres, its a small world. Oe of these days, UK kid could likely find himself in a locker room with any one of the fiercely loyal EWW roster.

Not a threat....just pointing out the realities.

Hasnt UK Kid done this to other promotions in the past few years? Whatever happened to old school morals?

If Billy Gunn is coming I am going to be there.

As long as they put on a good show thats all I care about when I pay my money.

Saying that I would be pissed off if I was EWW though, but don't a lot of promotions run in the same areas?

They shouldnt, its bad form. And if you are planning to invade another promotions territory, then good manners suggest that you would approach said rival promoter first.

What UK Kid has to remember is that EWW is a very tight family unit, and as you know in britwres, its a small world. Oe of these days, UK kid could likely find himself in a locker room with any one of the fiercely loyal EWW roster.

Not a threat....just pointing out the realities.

Hasnt UK Kid done this to other promotions in the past few years? Whatever happened to old school morals?

Unfortunately old school morals rarely exist on the UK circuit anymore. Its a real shame because it's what stops progression in this country. One of the reasons why we'll never see a promotion do really well in this country is because there will always be some dick out there wanting to play Vince Mcmahon and ruin it for everyone else.

So many points I would like to cover on this.

Billy Gunn is booked for the week and will be at the VPW show

EWW is a good promotion but has very different shows to the VPW shows

Don't be fooled into thinking that VPW or anybody else sticks to a 'territory' territories do not exist. I could give examples but will not bad mouth others

Why do so many people on here just run everybody down. You say your fans of British Wrestling but do your best to bury people and company's

Is it fair to comment on shows or wrestlers you have not seen yourself

There are 2 sides to every story and then the truth, so don't build you opinion on 1 side

Support Wrestling, back wrestling, go to wrestling, enjoy wrestling

Good luck to every wrestler and promoter, keep up the good work

• Paid Members

"Old school morals" should only come into play when a promotion starts running like one from yesterday. That means more than one show a month. Otherwise the idea of invading someone's territory because they run there maybe every couple of months is pathetic.

"Old school morals" should only come into play when a promotion starts running like one from yesterday. That means more than one show a month. Otherwise the idea of invading someone's territory because they run there maybe every couple of months is pathetic.

This is very correct, if you are the local company and you run regularly there then I can see other promotions coming in being a problem, I am just happy that there is more wrestling in Herne Bay to see! EWW only came twice last year and the year before that 3 times I believe (my memory might be wrong).

The first show I went to at Kings Hall wasn't EWW either so maybe they invaded someone else's territory?

I am looking forward to EWW coming back and its always a fun show, but I am very excited about VPW coming, this will be my first VPW show.

But if I was honest most british wrestling shows are the same and to pretend to be overly different is bullocks.

Plus as an old school WWF fan to see Billy Gunn is going to be fucking cool!

• Paid Members

Is it not possible that some towns can only support a couple of well attended shows a year? Surely if EWW felt that the Herne Bay fans would turn out in sufficiant numbers then they would be running more shows there? If this theory is indeed correct (and I know it to be in some places) then VPW jumping in there will likely take money out of a later EWW show.

I also notice EWW have had to postpone the Kings Hall show they had scheduled for end of March. I have no idea why they did this, but I know if another promotion decided to book a show in the same town and same venue just a month before my show I'd feel I had to postpone too. I'd also be pretty pissed off about it.

Archived