Billy Gunn in Herne Bay

Dr Reefer

• Paid Members
I don't remember anyone contacting me when EWW ran Coventry.

I was still with EWW at the time and as far as I was made aware by the guy that was running things at the time EWW was paid a fee to put on at The Kasbar nightclub, as was the case with the other venues they appeared at during that year. Dispite what VPW have said, it's my understanding that they have hired Kings Hall in Herne Bay, so its not exactly the same. Besides, a lot of people don't realise that throughout most of 2009 EWW was being run primarily by someone else and only reverted back to founder Stu Allen towards the end of that year. I would love to expand on this, but out of respect I won't. The point it, the double standards isn't really the case given what I've said.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was still with EWW at the time and as far as I was made aware by the guy that was running things at the time EWW was paid a fee to put on at The Kasbar nightclub, as was the case with the other venues they appeared at during that year. Dispite what VPW have said, it's my understanding that they have hired Kings Hall in Herne Bay, so its not exactly the same. Besides, a lot of people don't realise that throughout most of 2009 EWW was being run primarily by someone else and only reverted back to founder Stu Allen towards the end of that year. I would love to expand on this, but out of respect I won't. The point it, the double standards isn't really the case given what I've said.

Exactly this ^^

• Paid Members

I was still with EWW at the time and as far as I was made aware by the guy that was running things at the time EWW was paid a fee to put on at The Kasbar nightclub, as was the case with the other venues they appeared at during that year.

Could have at least give him a ring though. Let him know you were in town for the night and to let the local promotion know what the deal was.

The whole territory situation surely doesnt work that well in the UK due to the size of the country. In the states the reason why I guess it worked was due to promotions working in certain states meaning they could work up to 10 different towns. In the UK if a territory is one town it really would limit a growth in a company. Looking at their online footage and looking into their history a bit it seems like they have attracted some good old school names and are looking to expand their brand.

Now I am not saying the way they went about it is right, but why should a company be frowned upon for growth?

I saw EWW did it not long ago and put on shows across the country, I brought the Night of Champions DVD last time I attended Herne Bay and I remember the footage being great and thinking imagine if this company could be big if they were seen across the UK.

I am not going to say VPW is good or bad as this will be the very first show I attend but I have to admit I am looking forward to seeing Billy Gunn.

If EWW come back to Herne Bay I will be buying a ticket, if they dont it has been fun watching them for the last couple of years.

• Paid Members
If Billy Gunn is coming I am going to be there.

As long as they put on a good show thats all I care about when I pay my money.

Saying that I would be pissed off if I was EWW though, but don't a lot of promotions run in the same areas?

They shouldnt, its bad form. And if you are planning to invade another promotions territory, then good manners suggest that you would approach said rival promoter first.

What UK Kid has to remember is that EWW is a very tight family unit, and as you know in britwres, its a small world. Oe of these days, UK kid could likely find himself in a locker room with any one of the fiercely loyal EWW roster.

Not a threat....just pointing out the realities.

Hasnt UK Kid done this to other promotions in the past few years? Whatever happened to old school morals?

That would be like Michael McIntyre ringing to let me know he's thinking of playing the Hammersmith Apollo because he'd heard I'd run a couple of open mic nights at the Dog & Duck.

• Paid Members
If Billy Gunn is coming I am going to be there.

As long as they put on a good show thats all I care about when I pay my money.

Saying that I would be pissed off if I was EWW though, but don't a lot of promotions run in the same areas?

They shouldnt, its bad form. And if you are planning to invade another promotions territory, then good manners suggest that you would approach said rival promoter first.

What UK Kid has to remember is that EWW is a very tight family unit, and as you know in britwres, its a small world. Oe of these days, UK kid could likely find himself in a locker room with any one of the fiercely loyal EWW roster.

Not a threat....just pointing out the realities.

Hasnt UK Kid done this to other promotions in the past few years? Whatever happened to old school morals?

That would be like Michael McIntyre ringing to let me know he's thinking of playing the Hammersmith Apollo because he'd heard I'd run a couple of open mic nights at the Dog & Duck.

EWW's Facebook lists the attendance for the show in Coventy at 104. No disrespect to them but you're talking out of your arse.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived