Most Bizarre Thing That's Happened To You?

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Right, strange things to happen to you.

In the year 2001, I was walking along Ballater Street in the Gorbals one day. That day happened to be the day Celtic played Hibernian in the Scottish Cup Final. A quick Wikipedia check states that it was the 26th May 2001.

I'm walking along the road and I hear this shout coming from the high flats. This guy has his head out the window shouting at me "HOWYADOIN' BIG MAN!! (Hello Big Man)" etc. I heard "HAWD ON AND I'LL WOK YAE DOON! (Hold on and I'll walk you down!)", so I'm rushing along the road as I've never seen this person before in my life.

I see him running out the flats and he rushes across the road at me, I thought he was going to jump me or something. He then says "I'VE GOAT SOMETHING TAE SHOW U!" (I've got something to show you!). He then pulls out this used condom (from his pocket) that looked filled to the brim. He then says "A HID A FUCKING RARE NIGHT LAST NIGHT, EH?" (I had a fucking rare (good) night last night, eh?).

I then cross the road to avoid him (in the middle of busy traffic), when I've ran halfway down the road away from him, I turn back and see him showing somebody else his used johnny-sack. I then heard him say "FUCK U THEN!" and then run back into the flats.

Most bizarre thing that has happened to me ever. What about you guys?

ADDED: There was also that time in 2005 where I cycled past a big squad of guys trying to put this wee junkie over a fence into the River Clyde. It was like a ned Royal Rumble!

• Paid Members

Anyone remember this track:-

I was coming out of the Co-Op one night and some bloke, who I don't think was drunk, just wandered up to me out of nowhere and yelled "TOTALLY ADDICTED TO BASS!" in my face before drawing some money out of the cashpoint. That was quite weird.

• Paid Members

I'm one of life's great nearly men, which is a bit of a shame because if I had slightly less morals and slightly more backbone, my answer would be "the most bizarre thing that ever happened to me was losing my v-plates to my best mate's girlfriend by fucking her up the arse."

Sounds fanciful, but to cut a long story short the exact words she used on that fateful eve were "Will you walk me home and fuck me up the arse?"

They are engaged with two daughters now. Funny how things work out.

I think that the BBC should have a show based on the life of Baz. I would watch as i imagine you have some stories to tell from where you live.

Archived