Newquay Experiences

DJ Kris

• Paid Members

I'm a little upset at the moment because I'd been talking to my mate for months now about maybe going Magaluf in the summer, I've not had a holiday in 6 years so I was hoping this would happen, although nothing had been made definite.

Anyway, last night he got asked to go Newquay with some of the girls we work with and he's decided to do that instead. I've agreed to go too, but obviously I'm pretty disappointed with the situation. They're all excited so I'm trying to get into it to.

So, who's been? What's it like? What is there to do, etc?

I have been to both and I much more preferred my experiences in Newquay, it was just a mental time with loads of birds about and I dont know because your still in the country there is no stress or worries involved. We went for 5 days in summer of 2009 and surfed all day then went to a bar and drunk then went out at night, there was loads to do including a rugby match on the beach at around 5 am with about 50 people on our first night there. The surfing there is brilliant too.

Magaluf was good if a bit grotty, and was it seemed to be full of knobs wearing Newcastle and sunderland shirts. I did get a cracking tan though.

• Paid Members

In my experience its fucking packed with people. Thats all I can really remember as I tend to stick to some slightly quieter places down the coast.

They did have a sea life center I believe. If you like surfing, lying on a packed beach and having a drink you will probably enjoy it from what I recall.

I'm sure thats no help to you.

Off topic but just down the coast I did see them drag a body that got washed up out of a cove, which was different.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's pretty good down there. Nice beaches and good nightlife. In my experience though the guy to girl ratio was very unevenly matches. I'd say 4 guys to every 1 girl so don't expect to be pulling birds left and right.

It's good but anymore than 3-4 nights is too long. Also for the money spent on hotel, travel, drinks and food you could probably spend a week in Spain or something instead.

• Paid Members

I do actually feel a bit better about things now. I just need to get my head around the fact I'm have 3 nights in the UK instead of a week abroad. I do like beaches, I love going out drinking and I would suck at surfing but I'm up for giving it go so should be ok.

Am I right in thinking the water and beaches are actually a bit like being abroad anyway? As in nothing at all like going to Skegness or other similarly muddy watered places?

Yeah it's pretty good down there. Nice beaches and good nightlife. In my experience though the guy to girl ratio was very unevenly matches. I'd say 4 guys to every 1 girl so don't expect to be pulling birds left and right.

It's good but anymore than 3-4 nights is too long. Also for the money spent on hotel, travel, drinks and food you could probably spend a week in Spain or something instead.

The girl to guy ratio isn't a problem. Me and my mate could well be the only guys in what could turn out to be a group of 12! That will probably work out at 2 for him, 1 for me and the rest looking on in disgust. Well, not literally looking on, maybe. Should be a laugh!

• Paid Members

Newquay is probably my favourite place in this country. For starters, it's clean. Sure, some of the hotels and shops on the front are a bit grubby, but the beaches are great and the place doesn't have the "sea breeze" smell that you get from the North Sea.

There's two main beaches, Fistral, which is the main surfing one, but a bit stoney for relaxing on, and Great Northern, which is better for sunbathing. If you're up for trying a bit of surfing, there's a place that does a package of an hours lesson and all day board hire for about

Been there a few times for Run to the Sun,

Awesome beaches, even though we had to make a mad dash across the beach and rocks as were got caught out by the tide.

there are loads of pubs so will be something for every ones taste, my regret was not finding the rock one till the next to last night.

Go it'll be great.

• Paid Members

I'm really looking forward to this now. Sure, I'm still not getting a proper weeks holiday, but it sounds like a lot of fun, plus I love a good road trip!

Archived