• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Hardy vs Drew McIntyre

Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Batista vs John Cena

Jerry Lawler vs The Miz

The first was an old school, down and dirty, hate-filled angle that was a total contrast to a lot of the more 'polished' things in the company surrounding it. There was nothing pretty about it - the angles and matches were less about over the top stunts or goofy skits and more two guys you believed wanted to hurt each other by spearing people through the ropes, curb-stomping them on the ringsteps or punching each other in the face.

In some ways Mysterio against Punk was just good feud that produced good matches for Rey, but for Punk I think it was some of his best work so far both in-ring and on the stick. Only the Hardy feud from last year compares.

Batista versus Cena produced some of the best mike work of the year, was rooted enough in reality to be believable and provided a great set-up for WrestleMania. Much as I enjoyed Cena's Nexus stuff there were a few misses along with the hits, whereas I thought against Batista they both knew their roles and played them well.

Miz against Lawler was some of the best TV we've seen all year, shame it happened so late on because if this had started in October and ended now I think it would be the clear winner.