Honeymoon

DebbieHardy

Getting married in June of next year and currently trying to decide on a honeymoon location so I was wondering where everyone else went, if anyone has any suggestions, etc??

We had hoped to go to Australia but with getting married and buying a house we feel this might now be stretching the finances a little too much.

HELP! :smug:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of everything if that's possible. Anywhere sunny though we aren't the type who like to just lie on a beach the whole time so somewhere we can do some sightseeing/day trips even theme parks.

We've been to Florida twice already so if all else fails we will probs go back there :thumbsup: Fancied looking at some new destinations first though.

• Moderators

Southeast Asia could be a good shout. Sure, it's not cheap to get there but the total cost of the holiday is very reasonable because it's so cheap once you're out there. You've got guaranteed weather, nice beaches and plenty of cool sights to see and there are some places that have activities as well if that's what you're after.

My sister went to Vietnam on her honeymoon and they absolutely loved it and plan to go back.

Bit of everything if that's possible. Anywhere sunny though we aren't the type who like to just lie on a beach the whole time so somewhere we can do some sightseeing/day trips even theme parks.

We've been to Florida twice already so if all else fails we will probs go back there :thumbsup: Fancied looking at some new destinations first though.

If you both like theme parks, forget Orlando. You need to go to Cedar Point in Ohio instead.

We'll be heading around the Baltic states for ours, trying to get in Riga, Talinn, Minsk, St Petersburg, and Moscow. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, of course.

I would certainly never recommend Moscow for a honeymoon. If at all, the place is a complete 'mare.

We got married in Amsterdam so had a few days there afterwards. I think the Dam could be perfect as its got something for everyone.

We had our honeymoon a year later in Grenada, Caribbean. Not much to do there but an all-inclusive Virgin deal to one of the islands could seriously be the one imo.

• Paid Members

We went to the Canary Islands for ours. Beautiful scenery, warm to hot weather, beaches or local culture depending on what you want, reasonably priced. But we also went for a weekend away (Before our flights) to Alton Towers before our flight which was fab. We stayed in a nice little B&B and got on all the rides with no queues as the kids were all at school.

• Paid Members

Depending on what you're looking for, from a budget perspective a Hebridean island/tour of several islands might be worth a look in. Visiting some of these places is such a stretch from what you find on mainland Britain, and there's some stunning scenery. There's something quite romantic about the Western Isles too, especially since its a honeymoon.

luskentyre-scotland.jpg

Luskentyre beach, Isle Of Harris (which is attached to the Isle Of Lewis meaning you could drive from one to the other and explore)

cuillin-scenery.jpg

The Cullins in the Isle of Skye (ferry trip away from either the Isle Of Harris or the Uist islands)

image_1.jpg

Uig beach, Isle Of Lewis

3773568712_344fa368d8.jpg

The Callanish Stones, Isle Of Lewis

barraAirportHiRes.jpg

Barra Beach Airport

st-kilda-sco546.jpg

Abandoned town on St Kilda

I did an island tour two years ago and I absolutely loved it. I'd really recommend it.

Archived