Honeymoon

DebbieHardy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
We did a 2 week cruise, 1 week western med, 1 week eastern med, saw France, Italy, Spain, Sicily, Turkey, Greece and a few other places. 5 star food every day and a new destination every day.

How much did that cost you? Sounds excellent.

We booked early and took an inside cabin to keep cost down, I think it was

I honeymooned at Legends Hotel in Mauritius which is heaven on earth. I didn't want to lay on a beach all day, and didn't figure there'd be much else to do, but the resort chucks in dolphin spotting, speedboat tours and fishing trips if you're staying in a suite. I'm not sure what you're looking to spend though, so this might not be an ideal suggestion. Also if you're looking for city/urban adventure during your hol though, Mauritius isn't for you.

How about jetting into Hong Kong for several days of sightseeing and city-walkabouting, then flying somewhere else in SE Asia for the relaxing beach part of your honeymoon? Hong Kong being a central hub to pretty much every location in Asia, and I would guess given the frequency and availability of flights that you'd get a better deal flying into HK than you would certain other destinations in the SE Asia region.

• 7 months later...

I just did a Search using the word "Orlando" and it brought me into this topic.

Despite the fact Orlando was only mentioned once, and that was to say there are better theme parks elsewhere, we want to go there for our honeymoon in July 2012.

I'm just posting to ask if anyone has been there in the past year or two and what sort of ball-park figure I should be looking for? If I have a figure in mind of what is reasonable before going to the Travel Agents at the weekend, I will know if I am getting a decent deal or not.

:thumbsup:

I've been to Orlando many times, I love it there, only problem is you will need to hire a car to get about as it is not very walking friendly.

Do the hotels not have bus trips to the theme parks for those who aren't hiring a car?

I went in January 1999 and we went on buses to Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center, etc. but I can't remember if that was regular public transport or buses laid on by the hotel.

• Paid Members
Do the hotels not have bus trips to the theme parks for those who aren't hiring a car?

I went in January 1999 and we went on buses to Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center, etc. but I can't remember if that was regular public transport or buses laid on by the hotel.

Yeah, if you stay in Disney World you have a free bus service taking you to the Disney parks. Plus there is a bus service for excursions if you want to go to the non-Disney parks. You won't need to drive out there, unless you are staying outside of Disney.

• Awards Moderator

I'd recommend Chicago. There's a beach, pier and plenty of places to chill out in the sun, whilst having the benefit of immediately being able to sightsee at dozens of locations. It's got a great nightlife and is absolutely stunning.

Archived