SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this tournament contains 7 names (if Haskins counts) that will most likely end up in my top 15 for 2012's UKFF 50 (one of them right now stands as my #1) so it's not like I'm going to be upset with who wins at this rate. I really really really want a PAC vs Scurll finale....

Please tell me the 6-way main event is elimination?

• Paid Members
Well this tournament contains 7 names (if Haskins counts) that will most likely end up in my top 15 for 2012's UKFF 50 (one of them right now stands as my #1) so it's not like I'm going to be upset with who wins at this rate. I really really really want a PAC vs Scurll finale....

Please tell me the 6-way main event is elimination?

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

I'm trying to guess your 7 - Scurll , Ligero , Travis , Kirby , Haskins , Dar , Spud

On February 4 2012 "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna joined April Davids in challenging "The Female Fight Machine" Jenny Sjodin for the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship in a triple threat match in Morecambe, England. Unfortunately, the match came to a scary conclusion as Shanna suffered a serious injury during the final moments of the match while battling with Sjodin. The injury forced Shanna out of action for over two months.

Now "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna returns to action this Sunday against "The Hot Commodity" Holly Rocomora in the Pro-Wrestling:EVE match at Southside Wrestling Entertainment's Speed King event at The Rushcliffe Arena in Nottingham!

Check out Shanna's thoughts, a recap of the injury & footage of her rehab & recovery in this video package!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgw4lAGMgQ...eature=youtu.be

• Paid Members

On February 4 2012 "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna joined April Davids in challenging "The Female Fight Machine" Jenny Sjodin for the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship in a triple threat match in Morecambe, England. Unfortunately, the match came to a scary conclusion as Shanna suffered a serious injury during the final moments of the match while battling with Sjodin. The injury forced Shanna out of action for over two months. Now "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna returns to action this Sunday against "The Hot Commodity" Holly Rocomora in the Pro-Wrestling:EVE match at Southside Wrestling Entertainment's Speed King event at The Rushcliffe Arena in Nottingham! Check out Shanna's thoughts, a recap of the injury & footage of her rehab & recovery in this video package! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgw4lAGMgQ...eature=youtu.be

Shanna means business on Sunday ;)

Quite gutted I won't be making this show, I only noticed this thread earlier in the week and then actually read the phenomenal line up. That along with the Doam Nar antics going on around the web. I really want to pick this up on DVD when its out and if line ups for future southside events are as good as this and I enjoy the DVD I will be sure to make the trip later in the year.

Fantastic show. Haskins/Dragon was a good opener. Really enjoyed the 3-way and Max Angelus has a lot of potential. Hope to see a lot more of him in the future. Scurll/Robbie promised to be a break out match for Robbie and he more than held up his end. Really fluid and fast-flowing match that does show to me that Robbie within a few years could become one of the best cruiserweights in England, and it's matches like this that'll really help elevate him and provide opportunity for him to pick up his game Spud/Dar was fantastic and the first time I have ever seen Dar as a full on face. Kirby/Ligero was another reliably great encounter in their long history and I loved the little touches to show how each man knew the other almost as good as they knew themselves. PAC/Travis was blinding and easily deserving it's placement as last qualifier and definitely a few notches above PAC's match the previous night. Each man really gave it their all and they had a fantastic match. Holly/Shanna was okay. Holly continues to need more training and conditioning. She showed less here than she did against Storm. And the main event was fantastic, even if the guys I thought likely to win it didn't even make it into the last two!

Y'know what this show deserves more detailed thoughts so bare with me.... But for now here are the quick results:

Ego Dragon over Mark Haskins after a nut shot and roll up.

Bubblegum over Max Angelus and Danny Chase - Angelus was DQ'd after Stixx brought a chair out to the ring and slid it in. Angelus took offense and then had to stop Bubblegum from using it. In the confusion, both men accidentally hit Chase in the stomach with it as they were fighting over it, Bubblegum immediately played hurt and the ref, seeing both Chase and Bubblegum down and Angelus holding the chair DQ'd him. Angelus and Stixx got into a brawl, Bubblegum's music played (even though it was elimination rules) and then after they'd left and Bubblegum's music ended, Bubblegum went on to defeat Chase via a top rope double stomp.

Marty Scurll over Robbie X via that torture rack back breaker. The See You Next Tuesday?

Noam Dar over Rockstar Spud via submission after trapping him in the heel hook.

El Ligero over Martin Kirby after a series of roll up's I want to say? Apologies!

Kris Travis over PAC via his underhook piledriver. PAC went for a SSP, got the knees and then Trav immediately went for the Death Star I believe he calls the move? God my memory is shocking today.

Shanna over Holly Rocamaro via neck breaker.

Marty Scurll over Noam Dar, Kris Travis, El Ligero, Ego Dragon and Bubblegum in that order. Bubblegum went on the mic to begin the match, was about to reveal El Ligero's real home town before the Mexican(???? AND NOW WE'LL NEVER KNOW!) rolled him up to eliminate him. Ego Dragon was DQ'd after attacking Ligero with a chair. Travis immediately capitalized with a roll up on Ligero to eliminate him. Dar eliminated Travis via heel hook. And then Scurll bested Dar with the torture rack backbreaker into the knees.

Scurll promised a rematch to Dar in the future and after the show Spud flipped over Scurll's merch table after words.

Really good show, best Southside show i've seen so far with every one of the wrestlers giving impressive performances. The venue was really good for facilities etc but didn't provide that close atmosphere that some do and it sounds daft but I prefer it when the arena/hall is dark and the ring with the ring lit up, it to give it more of a crowds atmos and a show feel. But you've got to roll with what you've got and I realise for many the best venues are sports halls, i'm just more of a town hall etc man :laugh:

Anyway, all the qualifiers were really good. Pac/Travis was the standout for me, a cracking match put on by both, with Pac amazing as always. I was surprised Pac didn't make it through, with a chance to see him wrestle twice I hoped we would get it, I realise Haskins had another show but it seems a shame neither made it into the final. Whatever happened though, the final was always going to be a brilliant line-up and it was. The match itself was a really good match too that was well paced with the eliminations etc and then a bit of an extended match with Dar/Scurll at the end. Glad Marty won, should be some great matches for the belt down the line.

Crowd was good throughout as there was less noise lost than you got at HOP and it was nice to hear that the "SI! SI!" chants made it over from Miami :D

• Paid Members

Enjoyed that show thoroughly. Don't often get to shows these days as there's not many in Boston (and when there are, I seem to be either ill, or expected to be somewhere else), with the line up I had to attend this one, and was glad I did. Good to see guys like Travis, Ligero, Bubblegum and Kirby again. Danny Chase is still doing well, with some painful looking bumps outside the ring.

Top performances by all, hopefully will be living in Leicester soon enough, so should be attending more Southside shows.

Archived