Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do people really get that upset about the blurring?

Its never bothered me

Sometimes it annoys me a little, other times I'm not too bothered. I do think there would be more people that would be annoyed by the blurring though, it's good to see some old footage totally uncut, uncensored and unedited, seeing constant blurring of the WWF logo must take away from certain matches and promos. I must say it usually does put me off three disk sets which will have blurring in the majority of the footage, if it was just on one disk or a small section of the disks I wouldn't be too bothered. Hopefully there will be no blurring on this Attitude DVD as I absolutely loved that period, as I first got into wrestling then and to see bits I missed and re-live the moments that I loved would be great, especially if it covers the Ministry and Corporate Ministry in some good detail. If there was blurring of the scratch logo in this release it would pretty much be the whole three disks or at least 80/90 odd percent of it.

On the note of the Attitude DVD I was looking around for any more news and came across this:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-attitude-era...ored-dvd/20184/

It's a pretty decent custom cover to be fair, obviously based on the video game.

WWEBD1367-front.jpg

This re-release of the 2003 DVD, Here Comes the Pain, includes the original documentary that chronicles Brock's meteoric rise to fame, as well as six hours of additional matches not included on the original DVD! Plus, hear Brock's controversial comments upon his return to sport entertainment! . Fans can experience classic matches against Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and many more!

Growing Up

Debut: Destruction

King Brock

Brock vs. Rock

Battling the Dead Man

Surviving the Big Show

Wrestling Machines

Backlash

Stretcher Match

Brock Lesnar makes his WWE Debut

18th March, 2002

do people really get that upset about the blurring?

Its never bothered me

For me personally, i really dislike the blurring as it takes away from my enjoyment of the footage. During the attitude era the scratch logo appeared on everything.. It was on each turnbuckle, the ring apron, the belts, on crowd signs etc.. Hell, there was even a giant one the wrestlers had to walk in front of on the Raw entrance set. One or two isn't such an issue, but when there's that many on the footage, the amount of blurring becomes a real distraction.

In recent news about the blurring issues and how it could affect the attitude DVD set

PWInsider confirms that there was a recent settlement between WWE and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) which allows WWE to use their old WWF logo on footage. WWE made some kind of payment to the World Wildlife Fund. WWE is allowed to use the WWF logo and say WWF over footage as long as it is old footage. For example, WWE couldn't have a Legend come out on RAW next week, cut a promo and talk about how he used to hold the WWF Title and wrestle on WWF pay-per-views.

Apparently WWE sent a survey out recently gauging interest in proposed future releases. Here was the list -

Best of WCW Great American Bash

Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2

Best of WCW War Games

Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set

ECW Unreleased, Volume 2

Money in the Bank Anthology

Mick Foley Biography

History of the WWE Documentary

Triple H Biography

Best Matches of World Class Championship Wrestling

Best of WWE In Your House

Goldberg Match Compilation

Bret Hart Unreleased Matches

Top 25 Rivalries in History

Top 20 Divas in History

Best of the Giants

Some potential treats there. Still no 'Best of WWF Superstars' though. I want my Papa Shango!

I'd like to see that History of the WWE documentary, hoping that it's similar to the True Story of Wrestlemania documentary which was fantastic. There is bound to be juicy archive footage to use for it.

What's the point in the RAW 20th Anniversary set? They did one for the 15th.

I'd like some sort of Best of the Worst Gimmick matches set, smash in every pole match, brawl for all, lions den, concrete crypt you name it!

The best of in your house has the potential to be an absolutely phenomenal set if you had something along the lines of;

Bret Hart vs Hakushi IYH 1

Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Jarrett IYH2

Bret Hart vs Davey Boy Smith IYH5

Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart IYH6

Shawn Michaels vs Diesel IYH Good Friends Better Enemies

Steve Austin vs Savio Vega IYH Beware of Dog

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind IYH Mind Games

Mankind vs Undertaker IYH Buried Alive

Steve Austin vs Vader vs Bret Hart vs Undertaker IYH Final Four

Bret Hart vs Steve Austin IYH Revenge of the Taker

Steve Austin vs Undertaker IYH A Cold Day in Hell

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith and Brian Pillman

Vs

Steve Austin, Goldust, Ken Shamrock and The Road Warriors IYH Canadian Stampede

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker IYH Badd Blood

Steve Austin, Owen Hart, Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie

Vs

Triple H, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and "mystery partner" IYH No Way Out of Texas

Undertaker vs Kane IYH Unforgiven

Steve Austin vs Dude Love IYH Over the Edge

The Rock vs Mankind vs Ken Shamrock IYH Breakdown

Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon IYH St Valentines Day Massacre

Hell I'd buy that

of those 18 IYH matches, 10 on other WWE sets.

The WCW ones would tickle my fancy.

And as much as I loved ECW, they've exhausted the library for all its worth. The first Unreleased set had some stuff I hadn't seen but I did have alot of them on DVD already as I had the original PPV's.

A better Triple H biography would be ok (one did get shelved the other year).

We don't need another Mick Foley one though

Archived