• Last Reply

A full round of Saturday fixtures for a change this weekend in the SPL;

Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Celtic vs Dundee Utd

Hearts vs Hamilton

Inverness vs Hibs

Kilmarnock vs Rangers

St Mirren vs Motherwell

The Rangers game is on ESPN at 12 o'clock tomorrow, whilst Alba are showing the full 90 minutes of the Aberdeen game in the evening.

If you lot lose to the Saints at home Martyn, i'd really start to get worried.

As for the mighty 'Well, we'll be looking to take at least a point from St Mirren if we want to be considered realistic contenders for that third spot. If we can't go to places like that and come away with something, especially when Hearts are at home to Accies, we might as well forget it.

If we manage to at least match what Hearts get though, it'll set up a cracker for their visit to Fir Park next weekend, which is the live Sky game on Sunday.

Reznor, this is one of the game I was talking about earlier. If it came down to getting a win over one of the Old Firm or Hearts, i'd take a win over Hearts any day of the week.

• Paid Members
A full round of Saturday fixtures for a change this weekend in the SPL;

Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Celtic vs Dundee Utd

Hearts vs Hamilton

Inverness vs Hibs

Kilmarnock vs Rangers

St Mirren vs Motherwell

The Rangers game is on ESPN at 12 o'clock tomorrow, whilst Alba are showing the full 90 minutes of the Aberdeen game in the evening.

If you lot lose to the Saints at home Martyn, i'd really start to get worried.

As for the mighty 'Well, we'll be looking to take at least a point from St Mirren if we want to be considered realistic contenders for that third spot. If we can't go to places like that and come away with something, especially when Hearts are at home to Accies, we might as well forget it.

If we manage to at least match what Hearts get though, it'll set up a cracker for their visit to Fir Park next weekend, which is the live Sky game on Sunday.

Reznor, this is one of the game I was talking about earlier. If it came down to getting a win over one of the Old Firm or Hearts, i'd take a win over Hearts any day of the week.

I'm pretty sure we should be worried already!

2-1 loss to St Johnstone tomorrow is my prediction.

Sure, there'll always be a percentage of what some would call fairweather fans who prefer to sit at home and watch football on the telly, but the truth is, if clubs such as Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd etc can pull in somewhat decent crowds just now, when they have the chance to win virtually fuck all, logic tells you that those crowds will increase when they have a chance of winning a title.

Logic tells me not much is going to get better in a bogus league which would be nothing but a sham, particularly if Premiership football also existed in the country. Old Firm fans would support the Old Firm, Old Firm haters and most neutrals would latch onto a Premiership team, and the wee-team die hards would go off to cheer on their team as they do now, maybe with an extra thousand or so long term stayaways returning initially.

Did I say that? If I did, you'll have to point it out to me as I can't remember mentioning that.?

You agreed with sgmilne when he was discussing the conditions that would be necessary for Scottish Football to prosper and attract a significantly larger fanbase without the Old Firm.

Furthermore, you

• Paid Members

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/9214212.stm

Scottish referees vote for strike action

Fixtures in Scotland face possible postponement next weekend with Category One referees voting to strike.

Scottish match officials are upset with the avalanche of criticism that has come their way this season.

The decision to take strike action was reached at a referees' union meeting held on Sunday afternoon.

There are four top flight fixtures scheduled for next Saturday, with two more on Sunday. There is also a full card in the Scottish Football League.

The ALBA Challenge Cup final between Queen of the South and Ross County at McDiarmid Park is also under threat, as will any Scottish Cup replays.

BBC Scotland has learned that officials are concerned that their integrity is constantly being questioned and there are increasing fears over personal safety as a result of public criticism from managers and the media.

Scottish Premier League referees threatened to strike over pay in 2008 but the threat was lifted when a review was set up to study their wage demands.

Last month, Hamilton manager Billy Reid warned that he would understand if referees were to refuse to officiate because of the excessive criticism directed at them.

More to follow...

Special thanks to the Lurgan Bigot for that.

:laugh:. Behave yourself, Ally.

What are they striking for? What are they hoping to gain? What is their goal?

I thought the point of a strike was for workers who were doing a GOOD job to attempt to achieve better terms/standards/wage? Who amongst these fucking jokers thinks they are doing such a good job that they are above reproach?

Special thanks to the Lurgan Bigot for that.

:laugh:. Behave yourself, Ally.

What are they striking for? What are they hoping to gain? What is their goal?

I thought the point of a strike was for workers who were doing a GOOD job to attempt to achieve better terms/standards/wage? Who amongst these fucking jokers thinks they are doing such a good job that they are above reproach?

People don't only strike for better pay.

The reason stated in the BBC article is that they are fed up with the amount of critism they've received recently and the majority has come from the ginger tramp.

I also mentioned better terms/standards.

They can fuck off. They are useless to a man and if they are going to pervert the rules and laws of the game then they can just stay away. Who cares if they are "fed up"? If anyone has the right to criticise them, it's Neil Lennon for the catalogue of transgressions they've made against him. I am not a fan of managers like Jim Jeffries, but even he has emerged with more credibility from this situation for me because he too is sick of the unacceptable standards of officiating in this country.

They are invertebrate cunts who have LIED to Lennon's face and now that they have been called out for their bullshit, they have taken the huff. Disgraceful and shameful to our game.

Archived