Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

You know, I went back and read Soapy's post aimed at myself, and I even crafted a long-winded response to it, but then I decided to stop and simply ask some of the proper Celtic fans - you know, the actual football fans who it's easy to have a bit of banter and talk about football with, not the sectarian - do any of you agree with Soapy's assessment of Rangers? I only ask because he is literally the only fan I've come across (who's actually spoken to me) to take such a narrow-minded view of the club.

Fair enough if you hate the club; let's face it, at the end of the day the Old Firm is arguably the biggest rivalry in the world and there's no reason not to hate your greatest rivals; but do any of you genuinely think that the club is so rotten to the core that it's as evil as he says?

Oh, and Soapy? You're a bigoted cunt and I really hate you and anyone like you (whatever 'side' they're on) for what you do to football.

For everyone else; how about that Dundee, eh? Bad times.

I wouldn't say the club is evil as such. I'd say some of the beliefs of certain fans are evil, and some of what they find funny is downright sick. Jokes about paedophilia don't grind well with me, and even more so now that I have a son. Especially when it's about someone who is not alive to defend himself and when it's completely untrue yet some Rangers fans actually believe it. Also when said man went out of his way to help Rangers fans in the Ibrox disaster. If you tell a lie often enough though, that's what happens. I also don't find singing about a famine that caused many deaths and people having to leave a country funny. Celtic fans do sing sick songs, I'm not saying our fans are perfect but I think the songs Rangers fans sing are a lot more offensive than any other team in the world.

I will admit however not all Rangers fans are like this. My best mate of 12 years is a Rangers fan and he's the nicest guy I've ever met. One half of my family are all Rangers fans as well.

Not to get into the whole debate about this again, but that particular song isn't making fun of the famine in the slightest. Not in the slightest.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Dougie McDonald puts his foot in it again, claims Santa doesn't exist..

LYING referee Dougie McDonald was ruled offside yesterday after stating that Santa does not exist.

He infuriated parents with his comments during a radio interview heard by thousands of kids.

In the BBC Radio Scotland broadcast, McDonald admitted he told a "white lie" when quizzed about a dodgy penalty decision at Tannadice two weeks ago.

But he then went on to make the gaffe about Santa. He said: "It was a white lie in the heat of the moment.

"But there is not a person on this Earth that has not told a lie for what they think are the right reasons.

"I'm sure every adult in this country in a few weeks will be telling their kids that a guy in a red suit is going to be coming down the chimney."

One angry dad said: "I was driving along with my five-year-old son listening to the radio and then I have this guy telling the world that parents are lying about Santa.

"The next thing I'm getting all sorts of questions from the back seat about whether it is true that Santa isn't real.

"How was I supposed to explain that one away?

"Referees don't usually speak to the media and I think that the last few days have proved that is a very good idea."

The refereeing scandal has rocked the SFA.

McDonald, his assistant Steven Craven, referee supervisor Jim McBurnie, Celtic manager Neil Lennon and refs' chief Hugh Dallas have become embroiled in the controversy over the match against Dundee United, which Celtic won 2-1.

Last night, an SFA source said: "We have already had some big names dragged into this scandal and now Santa's reputation is on the line."

Guess which newspaper, yes, the Daily Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...86908-22683935/

• Paid Members
Wouldn't wipe my arse with The Record.

One thing that amuses me is when non-Old Firm fans claim the Record is biased towards Rangers. Yet almost to a man every Rangers fan I know absolutely loathes the Record. It's an absolutely awful paper.

Anyway, whilst the Neil Lennon/Dougie MacDonald/Hugh Dallas carry on is entertaining, there are some games being played this weekend in the SPL;

Celtic vs Aberdeen

Hamilton vs Dundee Utd

Inverness vs Motherwell

St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock

Hibs vs Hearts

St Mirren vs Rangers

The Edinburgh derby is on Sky Sports, whilst ESPN are carrying the St Mirren game.

I fancy us to grab a point in Inverness this weekend.

Celtic vs Aberdeen

:cry:

I fear we are going to get absolutely tanked.

Here's hoping. It's my brother-in-law's birthday, and as a Don, he is going on a big day out with his mates to the game and quite a few of them are giving it large that they are going to win.

Dunfermline v Celtic bounce game at Lennoxtown tomorrow, hopefully the weather doesn't get any worse and no more heavy rain as going to take a wander up and have a watch.

Finished up 2-1 to Celtic.

Ryan Thomson scored a cracking goal inside the first couple of minutes before Richie Towell and a trialist made it 2-1 before half time. A few good performances for Dunfermline particularly from Thomson and Graham coming back from injury. Celtic were mostly U19's and U17's but had a very solid midfield of Towell and Crossas with McCourt sitting in front of them who incidentally i'd pay money to watch every week. Like football in the old days! He just glides past people and makes it look effortless.

Kapo? As in Olivier Kapo ?

Trialist looked hispanic or south american, played up front but didn't do a great deal aside from the goal. Looked competent enough but nothing outstanding. I'm assuming it'll be someone with a connection to Izagueire or Juarrez perhaps someone with the same agent trying to punt him around.

Kapo? As in Olivier Kapo ?

Trialist looked hispanic or south american, played up front but didn't do a great deal aside from the goal. Looked competent enough but nothing outstanding. I'm assuming it'll be someone with a connection to Izagueire or Juarrez perhaps someone with the same agent trying to punt him around.

Sorry Stylin', just saw on the news he had signed and i know jack-shit about him, wasn't suggesting he was the trialist, although reading back, it kinda reads like a response to your report :)

Archived