Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

The issue isn't whether having Cadete or not would have seen them win the league, it's the fact that the SFA was shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to have conspired against Celtic in that instance.

the entire SFA? or was it one man not doing his job responsibly

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue isn't whether having Cadete or not would have seen them win the league, it's the fact that the SFA was shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to have conspired against Celtic in that instance.

Well it was the entire SFA that delayed his registration. Jim Farry was just the reason that they did it, but none the less, yes, the entire SFA.

Well it was the entire SFA that delayed his registration. Jim Farry was just the reason that they did it, but none the less, yes, the entire SFA.

thankyou. great example of my previous statement hows rangers and celtic fans can twist a story to suit their own bigoted views

thankyou. great example of my previous statement hows rangers and celtic fans can twist a story to suit their own bigoted views

Theres no story been twisted at all. It has been proven as the truth and the person behind it was sacked.

Theres no story been twisted at all. It has been proven as the truth and the person behind it was sacked.

ok...u understand how this part would encite that it wasnt the etire sfa

• Paid Members

Jim Farry was the head of the SFA and ordered Cadette's registration be delayed. The rest of the SFA carried out his orders. I'm not sure what's confusing.

I honestly don't know much about the situation at all, although Jim Traynor's theory that Farry was trying to "get it up" Fergus McCann, after they had disagreements about the renovation of Hampden, seems to make a bit more sense than him so overtly abusing his power to help Rangers win, what was in retrospect, a pretty meaningless Cup Tie for us.

He was a cunt who was rightly sacked, I just wish that Celtic had been playing someone else at the time.

On another subject, I'm starting to feel a bit less confident about this season now based almost entirely on my suspicion that David Murray might be back calling the shots at Rangers. For all that having a bank run a football Club isn't ideal, Lloyds were actually doing a bloody good job. The situation with Kenny Miller, however, is just bizarre. How can we plead poverty to one of our most important players after just spending

Well, it looks as though big Johnny Boyle got us our money from Cardiff;

Motherwell Football Club can today confirm that the issue surrounding the payment of Paul Quinn is now closed.

Following receipt of outstanding money, Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said,

Jim Farry was the head of the SFA and ordered Cadette's registration be delayed. The rest of the SFA carried out his orders. I'm not sure what's confusing.

I honestly don't know much about the situation at all, although Jim Traynor's theory that Farry was trying to "get it up" Fergus McCann, after they had disagreements about the renovation of Hampden, seems to make a bit more sense than him so overtly abusing his power to help Rangers win, what was in retrospect, a pretty meaningless Cup Tie for us.

He was a cunt who was rightly sacked, I just wish that Celtic had been playing someone else at the time.

On another subject, I'm starting to feel a bit less confident about this season now based almost entirely on my suspicion that David Murray might be back calling the shots at Rangers. For all that having a bank run a football Club isn't ideal, Lloyds were actually doing a bloody good job. The situation with Kenny Miller, however, is just bizarre. How can we plead poverty to one of our most important players after just spending

Forget work permits and all that nonsense, Rangers are on the brink of stupidly letting their top striker leave the club;

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain last night revealed he has made Kenny Miller a second new contract offer.

And he urged the star striker to sign on the dotted line. Bain arrived in Monte Carlo yesterday ahead of this evening's Champions League draw which will determine the Ibrox club's European schedule this season.

Record Sport revealed on Tuesday that Miller - who has entered the final year of his current deal - had turned down a contract extension which would have seen his basic wage cut.

That left Bain and Smith trying to claw together funds to keep Miller at Ibrox, with several clubs from England and abroad circling ahead of the closure of the transfer window.

But Bain believes he has now come up with an offer good enough to keep Miller.

He told Record Sport: "I've offered Kenny an extension to his contract. The dealings I've had with him and his agent over the last week to 10 days have been great. It's now up to Kenny. The offer is there and we'd like him to extend his contract .

"He was made an original offer which he rejected and I understood his rationale for doing so. Since then we have continued to talk and I have made him a second offer."

If Miller does not accept and opts for a move then Rangers want time to bring in a replacement rather than be left scrambling around in the market at the 11th hour.

Miller's situation may become clearer today as Bain waits to discover Rangers' European fate. The SPL champs will be drawn out of Pot 3 and are guaranteed to meet two of the biggest clubs in European football. In fact, Bain is banking on it.

He said: "It's a bit of a double-edge sword. As chief executive I'm hoping for a draw which will maximise our income. But that would mean being involved in a group with the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea which would obviously be a big test for our players .

"Yes, we have limited resources but I believe a few glamour matches would tick all the boxes. The fans would be excited and the club would get an extra commercial boost."

• Paid Members

Archived