Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets talk about a proper derby. Dunfermline vs Raith Rovers, a lot of my mates are Raith Rovers fans so it was nice to see their smug wee faces collapse into a deep frown on Saturday night. MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

Haven't checked the league, do Dunfermline just need a draw out of their last two to go up now or what?

• Paid Members
Lets talk about a proper derby. Dunfermline vs Raith Rovers, a lot of my mates are Raith Rovers fans so it was nice to see their smug wee faces collapse into a deep frown on Saturday night. MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

Haven't checked the league, do Dunfermline just need a draw out of their last two to go up now or what?

They need a win. They're four points ahead. Well deserved too, they play good football.

• Paid Members
I hate Neil Lennon Craig Brown because he is a Northern Irish catholic (insert random religion here) who currently manages Celtic Aberdeen.

In no way do I hate him because he is one of the most detestable, little wee cunts in Scottish football.

There, I admitted it!

;)

You bigot! I'm going to send Stuart McCall some bombs in the post now! :devil:

SPL Team of the Year?

Mine would be a 3-4-3, although of course slightly biased as we probably all will be:

Alan McGregor

Marius Zaliukas - Charlie Mulgrew - Emilio Izzaguire

David Templeton - Biram Kayal - Alexei Eremenko - Steven Naismith

David Goodwillie - Gary Hooper - Kenny Miller

Subs:

Marian Kello

Mark Wilson

Sasa Papac

Joe Ledley

Liam Miller

Nikica Jelavic

Anthony Stokes

EDIT: Really forgot all about Kenny Miller. He replaces Stokes in first 11 with Sammon dropping out for Stokes on bench.

No love for big John Sutton? It isn't often you see a 20 goal hitman playing for a team outwith the top three.

He's been phenomenal this season.

Actually thought about him. He reminds me so much of his brother with the way he plays.

• Paid Members
No love for big John Sutton? It isn't often you see a 20 goal hitman playing for a team outwith the top three.

I like Sutton, I think Rangers could do a lot worse than to sign the guy in the next transfer window, he wouldn't cost the heavens and the earth and I think there's potential for a Scott McDonald-esque impact to be had here.

I expect McCoist to make a play at getting Kris Boyd back, but maybe that's not the way to go...

Surprised to see Mulgrew in your team of the season FUM, though maybe that's an indication of how poor some of the defenders in the SPL are. Fair enough the guy has been decent enough since switching to centre back, but alongside Majstorovic I think he's the weak link in quite a strong Celtic side.

I like Sutton, I think Rangers could do a lot worse than to sign the guy in the next transfer window, he wouldn't cost the heavens and the earth and I think there's potential for a Scott McDonald-esque impact to be had here.

I expect McCoist to make a play at getting Kris Boyd back, but maybe that's not the way to go...

Surprised to see Mulgrew in your team of the season FUM, though maybe that's an indication of how poor some of the defenders in the SPL are. Fair enough the guy has been decent enough since switching to centre back, but alongside Majstorovic I think he's the weak link in quite a strong Celtic side.

I think Mulgrew has been a revelation at centre back barring that one game against Motherwell at Fir Park. I honestly don't like Majstorovic at all as a defender, and think he is the weak link in our defence. He commits needless fouls and is always out of position.

They need a win. They're four points ahead. Well deserved too, they play good football.

Four ahead with two games to go. Big bad Martin Hardie was phenomonal on Saturday against Raithl. Be good to get it put to bed in Greenock but nothing would satisfy me more than clinching it in front of Falkirk on the last day of the season.

• Paid Members
I think Mulgrew has been a revelation at centre back barring that one game against Motherwell at Fir Park. I honestly don't like Majstorovic at all as a defender, and think he is the weak link in our defence. He commits needless fouls and is always out of position.

Like I say, I don't think he's BAD, just that I'm surprised he's in your team of the season. Maybe I'm biased being an Aberdeen fan, but I don't rate the guy a great deal. I'd love him to prove me wrong and break out for club AND country, but I don't really see him coping in Europe next year.

Majstorovic is worse, and I hope Lennon prioritizes finding a central defender over the summer. From Strachan onwards Celtic bosses have always seemed to get by with a weak defence, and just kind of accept that their defensive players weren't very good. Lennon needs to buck the trend - if he can hold on to his current batch of players AND find a strong central pairing I think he could have a decent run in Europe.

Like I say, I don't think he's BAD, just that I'm surprised he's in your team of the season. Maybe I'm biased being an Aberdeen fan, but I don't rate the guy a great deal. I'd love him to prove me wrong and break out for club AND country, but I don't really see him coping in Europe next year.

Majstorovic is worse, and I hope Lennon prioritizes finding a central defender over the summer. From Strachan onwards Celtic bosses have always seemed to get by with a weak defence, and just kind of accept that their defensive players weren't very good. Lennon needs to buck the trend - if he can hold on to his current batch of players AND find a strong central pairing I think he could have a decent run in Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't rate him one bit when we signed him and his performances at left back for us showed why. As soon as he went to centre back though he just looks a whole lot more natural. He's been really good in that position, however as for being in my team of the season, it could just be down to the poor defences in the SPL.

• Paid Members
One all with Accies? Aberdeen really are the drizzling shits, aren't they?

We're not in a good way. After the feel good factor ended with Craig Brown's appointment we slumped back into our initial form, and we disgrace any pitch we get the chance to. Brown's going to have to rebuild the side dramatically next season bar one or two standout performers.

Looking at the squad, Jamie Langfield's one of the worst goalkeepers in the SPL. For every great save he makes he makes five basic errors, and you can't get by with a goalkeeper like that.

Our defence is shaky, and really struggles to cope with set pieces. Our midfield and strikeforce has some plus points, Aluko on his day can be fantastic. Chris Maguire has really broken out as a player, and Paul Hartley's still got bags of talent. Scott Vernon isn't bad, and Josh Magennis looks to have a bit of potential. But Maguire and Aluko are out of contract come the season end, Hartley's aging, Vernon's scoring touch has dried up a little and potential is just that until someone fulfils it.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't rate him one bit when we signed him and his performances at left back for us showed why. As soon as he went to centre back though he just looks a whole lot more natural. He's been really good in that position, however as for being in my team of the season, it could just be down to the poor defences in the SPL.

I agree that the move has suited him, which is kind of bizarre but I'm glad to see it. Being a fan of Scottish football in general I'd like nothing better for the guy to flourish in his new role, and prove that he's suited to centre defence in Europe, and in turn for the national side. Lord knows, we need a strong centre back. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. I think he'll be found out in the Champion's League, unless Lennon signs a particularly strong partner for him.

Archived