Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just to let all of you know, the Brazil - Scotland game tomorrow is live on STV. Yes, STV.

STV showing some football for a change. Impressive. I might actually watch this one.

Although I'm sure some people will complain about missing their weekly repeat of Monk and Columbo (Although last Sundays Columbo featuring Patrick McGoohan was excellent).

Just to let all of you know, the Brazil - Scotland game tomorrow is live on STV. Yes, STV.

It's easy to forget that Scotland are playing with all the shite being discussed in this thread.

How's it going to go? Can we score a historic win over Brazil?!? :omg:

I can't be the only one that doesn't care for Scotland's International team? On any national team for that matter.

Club football is the only way for me.

That's probably because the Scotland national side doesn't have a setlist of songs that suit your taste. Stick to what you do best and leave the national side to those of us who actually enjoy the football.

I can't be the only one that doesn't care for Scotland's International team? On any national team for that matter.

That's probably because the Scotland national side doesn't have a setlist of songs that suit your taste. Stick to what you do best and leave the national side to those of us who actually enjoy the football.

hahaha. Re-read what i said, I said International football as a whole. That's a it ironic coming from a Motherwell fan who's supporters create their own wee controversial lyrics any time the Old Firm visit.

The Tartan Army are literally the 3rd worst people in the world aswell. Full of up their own arse Partick Thistle and Dunfermline fans. They are my third most hated type of person after Tims and Aberdeen fans.

The Tartan Army are literally the 3rd worst people in the world aswell. Full of up their own arse Partick Thistle and Dunfermline fans. They are my third most hated type of person after Tims and Aberdeen fans.

Aside from Aberdeen fans (simply because I'm not sure how they act when visiting other countries on European adventures, although I've never heard anything negative) it's somewhat ironic that you hate the two sets of fans who actually do Scotland proud when they're abroad.

As I said, as long as the Tartan Army continues to consist of actual football fans (including some of the more sensible Celtic & Rangers fans I may add) and the likes of yourself stay away, I'm more than happy.

The game is live on telly tomorrow, and it should be a decent game, especially on a pitch like Arsenals. Any predictions on the scoreline?

I'm taking Scotland to lose narrowly and be really unlucky. As usual.

• Paid Members

Aside from Aberdeen fans (simply because I'm not sure how they act when visiting other countries on European adventures, although I've never heard anything negative) it's somewhat ironic that you hate the two sets of fans who actually do Scotland proud when they're abroad.

As I said, as long as the Tartan Army continues to consist of actual football fans (including some of the more sensible Celtic & Rangers fans I may add) and the likes of yourself stay away, I'm more than happy.

The game is live on telly tomorrow, and it should be a decent game, especially on a pitch like Arsenals. Any predictions on the scoreline?

I'm taking Scotland to lose narrowly and be really unlucky. As usual.

3-0 Brazil, and Scotland to be confined to their own half for 90% of the game.

I'm going down to London tomorrow for the game, looking forward to it. Never been to the Emirates Stadium/Ashburton Grove so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. It's also on ITV across the UK, not just STV.

Could see us 'doing a North Korea' and losing bravely as usual.

...but you seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about some Celtic fans supporting Ireland. It's ok for you not to care about Scotland though.

For the record I am a Scotland supporting Celtic fan and have by some miracle managed to attend every Scotland home game (except Ukraine) since Walter Smith took charge. Never been to an away game though. Plenty of mates have though and they say its a lot of fun.

I'm going down to London tomorrow for the game, looking forward to it. Never been to the Emirates Stadium/Ashburton Grove so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. It's also on ITV across the UK, not just STV.

Could see us 'doing a North Korea' and losing bravely as usual.

As attractive as the Emirates Stadium is, I have a feeling that it will only serve to facilitate Brazil's ability to play great football. In short, I'd rather we played them at Fir Park.

You're probably right actually, although there was a very Scottish feel to it today - Islington looked like it had been invaded earlier! By the by, if you're ever in the area, don't go to The Bailey. You can wait half an hour there and not get served because the dopey bar staff won't realise that the other twenty people who strolled up to the bar after you shouldn't be served ahead of you - and this is coming from someone who works in customer service, so I always try to give the person on the other side of the bar/desk/till the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, the game - Adam had a shocker and Whittaker should never have started, especially on left midfield, but we didn't give a terrible account of ourselves when one considers that it is Brazil after all. Neymar looks a real talent, would expect to see him in Europe at the end of the next transfer window. Pretty impressed with Gary Caldwell today actually, he is usually absolute shite but he was bang on with most of his play today. All in all, not the end of the world but if it costs ranking points the SFA may be in for a kicking.

Archived