Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result for both halves of the Old Firm. Rangers get some much needed cash and Celtic get the coefficient points (which I think guarantees us a return to 2 places in the CL in the season after next) and the bonus of their rivals having another two games to squeeze in. Looking forward in the fixture list Celtic play before Rangers every gameday between now and the split. We also manage to squeeze in our rearranged game versus Hibs when Rangers play PSV in the second leg. There is a chance for whichever team gets knocked out the Scottish Cup to play a game on Scottish Cup QF weekend though.

I am sure I have mentioned it before but Rangers' progress in Europe staggers me. Since the last defeat of Lisbon in April 2008 Rangers have only won one game in all European competitions including qualifiers (Bursaspor H) yet the find themselves in the last 16 of the Europa League. Just shows you the value of a draw.

I don't think even the most blinded Celtic fan could argue against the fact that Walter Smith and his tactic ability really shine in European football. I firmly believe that the guy would make a successful manager on the continent, and after hearing him continue to say that he isn't retiring at the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a position outwith the UK.

2-1 down last night and I didn't find myself too annoyed as I normally would with the fixture pile up, the league and 2008 in mind... but when that went in it's as big a reaction you'll ever see from me! Absolutely love progressing in Europe, and a big confidence boost going into a tough run of games.

• Paid Members
Rangers fans in Lisbon.

What a lovely bunch. :rolleyes:

Haha. Look at that. The lads, having a nice fun day in the sun. On the march to Dublin.

It's nothing new. "Horrible, bile-filled bastards support horrible, bile-filled club." Stop the presses.

The Tommy Burns song was a new one on me though.....

Rangers fans in Lisbon.

Haha. Look at that. The lads, having a nice fun day in the sun. On the march to Dublin.

It's nothing new. "Horrible, bile-filled bastards support horrible, bile-filled club." Stop the presses.

Did it surprise you though? Be honest.

Don't spare a thought for them. Tommy Burns was a decent man who had more integrity in his pinky finger than these slavering, pissed up neds.

• Paid Members
Rangers fans in Lisbon.

Did it surprise you though? Be honest.

Don't spare a thought for them. Tommy Burns was a decent man who had more integrity in his pinky finger than these slavering, pissed up neds.

It wasn't any great surprise

I'm sure the fine people of Eindhoven can't wait for them to visit.

Rangers fans in Lisbon.

The Tommy Burns song was a new one on me as well but it is fucking sickening. Its not surprising either sadly with the amount of bile that comes out of their mouths. Do they forget that Walter the man with no surname and Ally Mc Coist helped carry Tommy's coffin and Ally was seen crying the day of the funeral. Actually do they care? Do they fuck! Animals. :angry:

I was nearly sick watching that. Disgraceful, and hopefully the club identifies those in the video and bans them. They won't though.

I hate our travelling support. I'll never forget going to Old Trafford (not this season but the previous time) and being quietly glad that we lost so badly because it shut the twats behind me up.

Archived