Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Where is Ally?

Hiding in my house, utterly embarrassed.

Edu is unbelivably bad. He has a first touch like a fucking elephant and coulding pick out a blue jersey if he had a ball in the streets of Ibrox on a matchday. Whittiker is a brain dead fucking spastic, who's been an accident waiting to happen for months and months. Weir? I've seen milk turn quicker. Grateful to the man for the job he's done over the last few years but he's done and if Walter doesn't see it then he's more stubborn than I gave credit for. Only Walter could sign a young, promising centre back on loan and do his best to ruin him by playing him as a holding midfielder. If I was Wenger I'd never do buisness with us again.

I could go on forever. There's so much wrong with our team at the moment I could type for days. This was coming, it's been coming since the new years defeat. Everybody could see itm coming, apart for Walter. Usually I'd be on here before Old Firm games giving it big licks, but I don't think there were many Rangers fans out there that couldn't see this coming.

Maybe we'll learn from it and push on. But with such a stubborn manager in charge, I highly doubt it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is Ally?

Hiding in my house, utterly embarrassed.

Edu is unbelivably bad. He has a first touch like a fucking elephant and coulding pick out a blue jersey if he had a ball in the streets of Ibrox on a matchday. Whittiker is a brain dead fucking spastic, who's been an accident waiting to happen for months and months. Weir? I've seen milk turn quicker. Grateful to the man for the job he's done over the last few years but he's done and if Walter doesn't see it then he's more stubborn than I gave credit for. Only Walter could sign a young, promising centre back on loan and do his best to ruin him by playing him as a holding midfielder. If I was Wenger I'd never do buisness with us again.

I could go on forever. There's so much wrong with our team at the moment I could type for days. This was coming, it's been coming since the new years defeat. Everybody could see itm coming, apart for Walter. Usually I'd be on here before Old Firm games giving it big licks, but I don't think there were many Rangers fans out there that couldn't see this coming.

Maybe we'll learn from it and push on. But with such a stubborn manager in charge, I highly doubt it.

You've stayed quite calm there. Im disappointed now.

Only Walter could sign a young, promising centre back on loan and do his best to ruin him by playing him as a holding midfielder.

This baffled me as well. Outside of his cruncher on Brown at the start, you'd have been forgiven for thinking that he wasn't on the park.

I don't blame the boy for it at all. It has to be down to Walter.He's inexperienced as it is as a Centre Back, why play him as a holding midfielder?

Just back from Parkhead - wow, that was a glorious occasion. Neil Lennon must be pretty uncomfortable having to drag Walter Smith around in his back pocket like that.

We were excellent, from start to finish. This has been long overdue for a few years and it's so sweet to win by such a margin again. Emilio Izaguirre is the best player in the league at the moment; the guy is a total workhorse and never gives anything less than 110%. I would talk about other star performers for Celtic today but I'd be here listing the whole team.

Nothing is won yet, but Celtic supporters everywhere can be proud of that performance and can be especially proud of Neil Lennon. He has constructed a smashing team but more than anything, he has installed a spirit back into the club that hasn't been seen for ages. It's such a departure from the invertebrate, impotent Mowbray era. Absolutely delighted to get it up the Huns who finally look to have run out of luck after all this time. Outclassed in every manner of the word. I just can't get enough!

I didn't really catch much of the game, Bartley holding midfielder? Seriously?

He was a fucking donkey and should have been sent off about two minutes in. I laughed at your comments about him becoming better than any of the Celtic team in the future, because other than that, you would have been mistaken for thinking he wasn't even on the park.

I didn't really catch much of the game, Bartley holding midfielder? Seriously?

He was a fucking donkey and should have been sent off about two minutes in. I laughed at your comments about him becoming better than any of the Celtic team in the future, because other than that, you would have been mistaken for thinking he wasn't even on the park.

If he was holding midfielder then goes to show what a Dinosaur Smith is then, as a defender he is a very good prospect, was jostling about being better than Celtic but he is definitely one for the future in defence.

Now I know he was in midfield I take it all back....

If he was holding midfielder then goes to show what a Dinosaur Smith is then, as a defender he is a very good prospect, was jostling about being better than Celtic but he is definitely one for the future in defence.

Just like Davie Weir, eh? That fucker jostles people in the box non-stop and gets away with it 90% of the time.

For the price of Laugherty or Jela, we coulda had the likes of Hooper, Iziguerie (for the record one of the best in the SPL, bargain), and Kayal and still have money to spare.

I still think Jela has the best to come, don't get me wrong, but, you can't argue with the stats.

We need a new scouting network. If Celtic can find those gems and get 'em on the cheap. Kudos to them.

Whoever scouted Lafferty needs to be sacked.

• Paid Members

Was it not Gordon Strachan that scouted Lafferty for you?

Brilliant performance from Lenny's team. He's instilled a fighting, winning mentality about the team that we probably haven't really seen since he left us as a player. We took another big step towards regaining the title today.

The first time I've ever said before an Old Firm we're going to get absolutely shat on, and we did. What is Edu's problem? Seriously, if he manages the hard task of controlling the ball he somehow manages to lose it anyway by holding onto for about 15 minutes. I love big Davie Weir but he's finished too, slower than a week in the jail. Whittaker literally gave me a headache today because of how fucking frustrating he is. I can't genuinely think of anyone who was even decent today - shower of spineless bastards is the best way to describe that team.

If Celtic don't win this league then there's something wrong, because as much as I hate admitting it that odious cunt Lennon has built a very good team there, and we're running out of steam so early on, and still in 4 competitions. I'm convinced we'll win none of them though.

We destroyed them today. Gary Hooper is the greatest striker in the UK right now and physically raped David Weir for five straight minutes before literally jizzing into Alan McGregor's eye. Izaguirre is the best left back in the world, ever. Kris Commons' left foot is a better footballer than anyone in the SPL. Better than all that though, is that Neil Lennon is Jesus. Seriously, he's actually manifested himself as a deity beyond all mortal comprehension. We are the greatest club in the entire world and having won the SPL, the Scottish Cup and the League Cup, they may as well just hand us the European Cup tonight.

This is the post I'm not looking forward to later on.

FALSE EDIT: actually, I took so long to construct this post that the above post has already been made; in fact, the real one is oddly similar to what I wrote.

Anyway, the truth is that Celtic weren't excellent today, because they didn't need to be. If they'd really wanted to push themselves, they could've had six or seven, but actually, why bother? Might as well leave some charge in the batteries for further games. We, meanwhile, were fucking dire. I'm sure someone will throw the excuse of 'European football tiring us out' at some point, but that's horseshit - if that was such a problem, why did Smith not use one of the substitutes available to him on Thursday night? Oh right, because he said none of them would have made a difference. I can't imagine why Bartley, Healy and co. wouldn't feel motivated having heard their manager say that. Additionally, Jelavic, despite not being available for this week's European game, looked almost more knackered than anyone else on the pitch. Even though Naismith was doing very little, losing him was a blow, especially since Mongo was replacing him.

Even though he actually made a positive substitution for once, I still think this game exposes that WALTER! ALL CAPS! is out of touch, but even then, not nearly as much as Davie Weir. It couldn't be more obvious that he needs to retire at the end of the season (or now) which makes two things even more confusing:

• the decision to release Andy Webster
  • the decision to play Bartley as a defensive midfielder, which he clearly isn't

In any event, our captain clearly isn't up to it any more; he not only can't keep up with a striker but in fact can't even find a blue shirt with a pass. For the first goal he was done like dinner and for the second the stupid Peter Capaldi-looking old bastard just stood with his hand up as if he was waiting for someone to come and change his adult nappy. The only tiny glimmer of hope were that when Healy came on he seemed to be right up for it and played a few nice touches for Jelavic to fuck up.

Honestly, I'd be all up for sacking some competitions off right now. Field a weak team in Portugal next week. Throw a few youngsters into the Old Firm cup replay to give them a bit of OF experience and to allow our squad to recover a bit from being shite. Because frankly, today wasn't even close to good enough, and the league is the important thing for us now more than ever.

I could complain about much, much more; Edu's inept performance, Whittaker's general shiteness lately which is making Ricky Foster look like a highly competent left back, Davis' general crapness since switching to his "preferred" central midfield position, but frankly, enough is enough. Every Rangers player should be ashamed today.

Archived