Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Heads up on the current VIVA Bellator TV schedule:

Fight Master is being shown Mondays to Thursdays for the next few of weeks at 11pm. Episode 1-4 this week, episodes 5-8 the following week, then the final 2 episodes the Monday and Tuesday after.

The next Bellator event, which I think is the 7th September Bellator 98 card, is being shown...on Friday 20th September. That's right, a good ol' fashioned 12 day delay.

Bellator have released this statement today about this:

Numerous websites yesterday posted a story regarding Attila Vegh and statements he allegedly made to a reporter while in Poland. The interview was done in Slovakian, through a reporter speaking Polish, and a number of U.S. websites published the story with inaccurate and misleading information.

Please see the attached medical report to this email, a doctor

• Paid Members

yeh apparently that medical record was out of date or something, and Vegh himself has come out and rubished it since. It's all very dodgy. What need is there of an interim title if Vegh's full able to fight in early 2014 also? It sounds like bullshit top-to-bottom.

Anyways, Bellator is back Saturday, regular season...

BellatorPoster981.gif

Schlemenko muthafucker!

Yeah does sound like something dodgy is going on.

Saturdays show should be pretty good. Although the final of Fight Master isn't happening because of an injury and has been push back indefinitely at the moment. I'll not say who is in it incase people are still watching or going to catch up or anything. But bit disappointing that the final could be ages away!

• Paid Members

i think the finale was meant to be on next week's Bellator 99 show, regardless it aint happening for now. I don't think the injury is that serious though.

I'd watched Fight Master all the way up until last week's episode, went away for the weekend, forgot about it and saw the results by accident :( I've enjoyed the show, i think what harms the show is that it's focus is primarily on the fights, i know some people say that's what it should be about, but the show has left little room for any kind of actual reality tv type deal. 2 fighters per episode kills that, there's been very little input from the coaches either, other than in the fights themselves.

Having said that, the fights themselves have been good, and the way they put more emphasis on the coaches during the fights is very cool. In TUF you kind of hear the coaches screaming in the background, in Fight Master it seems like the coaches are very much apart of the fight if that makes sense.

Heads up on the current VIVA Bellator TV schedule:

Fight Master is being shown Mondays to Thursdays for the next few of weeks at 11pm. Episode 1-4 this week, episodes 5-8 the following week, then the final 2 episodes the Monday and Tuesday after.

The next Bellator event, which I think is the 7th September Bellator 98 card, is being shown...on Friday 20th September. That's right, a good ol' fashioned 12 day delay.

The Sky guide is showing that Bellator is on next Friday night.

• Paid Members

Anyone seen Alexander Shlemenko vs Brett Cooper from the other night?

Here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzInEMYeEyk

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, not the most technical of fights. But if you can enjoy a gritty, blood and guts war, I'd give this a look. Watch it.

• Paid Members

yeh that was epic, one of my favourite fights of the year. Recently in MMA ive been getting a little frustrated fights ending pretty quickly, especially big fights. I love a finish but sometimes you go in wanted to see a long, gripping fight and things end before they really get started. Schlemenko/Cooper was the opposite, just a dirty, brutal 5 round war. Both guys dropped, both guys never stopped coming and both guys threw everything at each other. Fantastic battle, worthy of the promotion's title.

the intro to the write up on MMA Mania hits the nail on the head:

On Saturday night, Alexander Shlemenko defended his middleweight title against Brett Cooper at Bellator 98. That

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Is War Machine going to receive any form of punishment for his latest cunty outburst about the policeman funeral? I'm guessing no, he's still listed to fight at Bellator 100 as of now. Bjork already turned a blind eye to the rape tweets the other week, now this.

Speaking of Bellator 100, Doug Lima vs Ben Saunders 2 is on that card. Totally forgot that was coming up, can't wait for that one.

• Paid Members

This is the place for BAMMA then, yeah?

I watched the 5* version of this this morning. I can't speak for the rest of the show but the stuff we got on 5* I really enjoyed.

***BAMMA SPOILERS BELOW***

Max Nunes got well and truly derailed didn't he? Jason Jones is a scary looking fucker. I don't know if it was Jones' trash talk effecting Nunes or what but after a decent start he seemed to kind of freeze and Jones took over. Jones post-fight interview though - "Errrrrrr....Errrrrrr". Jesus.

Freakshow vs Newman was a cracking fight. Really enjoyed it. Freakshow looked good, won the striking but Newman came scarily close on a few of those submissions. I don't know how Freakshow escaped that triangle and armbar in the 2nd (I think?). Really good fight. Loved Freakshow's entrance as well with the sword eating and the midget and stuff.

Barnaoui vs Warburton was a wild one rounder. Stoppage was way late though. Yeah a lot of the shots didn't look full power but Warburton was already hurt and he wasn't defending for ages. He was done and the ref was just arsing about watching. Even Ken 'that was an early stoppage' Shamrock was saying he didn't know why the ref was letting it continue. Aside from that though, really fun action packed round.

Wallhead vs Ellis was a bad decision. All I can think is like Trigg said at the end, the judges scored Ellis the first round for having Wallhead's back for a while. Bollocks though. In a round where Wallhead dropped him twice (didn't he?), cut him and did all the damage, Ellis taking his back and just riding out the clock shouldn't have tricked the judges. That's some goofy scoring. Good fight though.

*Ken Shamrock needs to calm the fuck down. What was up with him last night? I can't stand Trigg so for Shamrock to annoy me more than him is some feat, but he did. And I usually haven't minded Ken's commentating in the past. He was a right negative twat last night though. That bit at the end of the show where they ran through their final thoughts on the fights was painful. Ken basically put every result down to the loser being stupid rather than the winner doing well. It does nothing for BAMMA who have to promote these guys in the future, when you have Ken Shamrock the most recognizable face on the show, telling everyone that the winners last night only won because their opponents didn't do "what he would have done." The icing on the cake was his outburst on the Barnaoui-Warburton fight where he was pink faced and outraged that Warburton didn't exploit Barnaoui's ground game, which he said was non-existent - "He (Barnaoui) doesn't even know how to choke, look, it's right there and he doesn't know how to do it." Meanwhile Warburton is in the twilight zone after eating about a thousand punches. Did he miss that? He was calling for Warburton to bust out some BJJ when Warburton was done, out on his feet. He was fucking toast and Shamrock was criticizing him for not pulling a Sakuraba-like from the jaws of death submission. He made the winner and the loser look like idiots.

To end on a more positive note, that dark haired BAMMA ring girl is lovely.

Edited by wandshogun09