Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bastard. What's happened? How do you get injured this close to the fight? He should have been doing fuck all at this stage apart from relaxing and making weight.

Don't tell me we've had another 'slipped in the sauna' incident.

• Paid Members

decent show at 87...

Rickels/Woodard lived up to expectation for a round, after that it was a case of two 155'ers looking very tired which is a weird thing to see. Woodard is notorious for fading in fights but Rickels for me just doesn't look the same at 155. The commentary didn't allude to it but i thought Rickels was suffering late on too, he just a good job to hiding it behind his constant bombing and weaving. I don't fancy Rickels chances in the semi's.

....cause he's fighting Tiger Sarnavskiy who looked trememdous against Thiago Michel. I think Sarnavskiy's gonna pick Rickels apart from the outside and win a decision.

Will Brooks looked a bit of a beast. Raw as hell and clearly still learning but he's a physically imposing 155'lber, if i had to stump down some cheddar it would be on Brooks to win it all at this point.

1_medium.gif

The long-awaited debut of Bellator MMA's reality competition now has a timetable and a coaching staff.

"Fight Master: Bellator MMA" is set for a summer debut on Spike TV. Spike and Bellator officials announced the series at a Tuesday news conference led by Spike President Kevin Kay and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

The coaches and trainers for the series, which will feature 32 welterweight fighters, will be former UFC champion and Hall of Famer Randy Couture, acclaimed coach and trainer Greg Jackson, former UFC champion Frank Shamrock and former Bellator champion Joe Warren.

Each of those coaches will lead four separate camps. The fighters will live and train together within the camps. According to Tuesday's announcement, the fighters will choose which camp they want to be a part of

• Paid Members

tonight...

Bellator-88-Poster.jpg

Maiquel Falcao vs. Alexander Shlemenko - for vacant middleweight title

Marlon Sandro vs. Akop Stepanyan - featherweight tournament opening round

Mitch Jackson vs. Mike Richman - featherweight tournament opening round

Fabricio Guerreiro vs. Magomedrasul Khasbulaev - featherweight tournament opening round

the main event could be something special.

Maiquel Falcao has it in him to have some classic fight, a natutally very violent fighter who has an annoying tendency to fight at his oponents pace...good news, he's fighting an ultra aggressive striker in Schlemenko, this could an insane fight.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

The Russians are coming!!

Im getting bored of saying it now, but another show, another impressive showing from Bellator's Russian contingent, the UFC are very slow in picking up on the Russian fighters (althought that'll change when the UFC goes to Russia later in the year) but Bellator are letting the fuckers run rampant.

* The strangeness of the Falaco-saga goes on. I aint really quite sure what happened against Schlemenko but after a fairly even first round, Falcao just went to bits in round 2. After an exchange against the cage Falcao just slumped down onto his back, winced in pain, didn't cover his head and Schlemenko shut the lights off with two brutal shots to the head. The weird thing about it was that it was hard to see what actually hurt Falcao to the body, they showed several replays but it wasn't clear, it almost looked like he gave up...was a little odd. I fucking love Schlemenko though, he's the unofficial leader of the Russian movement after Fedor left the sport. He has a whole team of killers he trains and he's just the epitomy of a cold, nasty Russian fighter. He deserves the belt after winnig two tournaments.

* Marlon Sandro's indifferent Bellator run continues. Depsite being 7-2 in the promotion i don't think he's come anywhere close to the potential Bellator expected when they signed him, this was a very strange, hesitant performance, only an over confident Stepanyan prevented him from winning the decision, in round 3 if he'd thrown straighter shots and not tried to land that spinning round house over and over (it did look pretty though) hes almost certainly would have gone on forced an extra round (after being docked a point in the round he clearly won).

* Richman/Jackson was a bit of a mismatch. Jackson's got an outstanding record but it was clear from early on that he as out of his depth with Richman. Brutal finish, Richman is a beast.

* Magomedrasul Khasbulaev is the latest Bellator Russian to look out for, he had an insane fight with Guerreiro, the first round was the best action of the night, but ended with Khasbulaev going into destroy mode in round 2. Well worth tracking down this fight for a look.

The semi's lineup nicely, i'm tipping Richman to win it all, but im looking forward to the Khasbulaev/Sandro fight, if Sandro isnt on that night he could be on the end of a beating. Richman/Khasbalaev is the fight i wanna see.

Very good show.

• Paid Members

I watched this this morning.

Surprised how Shlemenko vs Falcao went down. Not that Shlemenko won but like you say, weird performance from Falcao. I watched the finish back a few times and despite Jimmy Smith insisting a body shot started it off, it didn't look like it to me. Odd. Maybe Falcao picked up a rib injury somewhere earlier in the round and it was a delayed reaction or something? I don't know. He did look to be holding his rib on the ground. Great win for Shlemenko though.

True about UFC's lack of Russians. They're starting though, Khabib Nurmagomedov is looking good and Rustam Khabilov's German Suplex KO recently turned a lot of heads. I think we'll be seeing a lot more coming through over the next couple of years.

The Khasbulaev fight was fucking quality. Highlight of the show for me and one of my favourite fights so far this year. Loved the grappling in round one was awesome.

• Paid Members

tonights effort:

BellatorPoster89.jpg

Eduardo Dantas vs. Marcos Galvao - for bantamweight title

Dan Cramer vs. Brian Rogers - middleweight-tournament opening round

Brett Cooper vs. Norman Paraisy - middleweight-tournament opening round

Doug Marshall vs. Andreas Spang - middleweight-tournament opening round

Sultan Aliev vs. Mikkel Parlo - middleweight-tournament opening round (may not be broadcast)

on paper it's probably my favorite card of the season so far top to bottom.

Question in the main event is how does Dantas bounce back from a bad KO loss, gonna be interesting to see whether or not Bellator choose to mention Dantas loss to Tyson Nam?

Marshall/Spang is gonna be a short, sharp, violent fight. Spang made me a fan of him last season and im always tuning in for a Doug Marshall fight.

Interested to see how Dan Cramer gets on too, i always remember him as the 'boy band' guy from one of the early TUF seasons, he's been bouncing around the regional circuit ever since but ive never crossed paths with him on my viewing sessions.

• Paid Members

Whenever I see Dan Cramer's name I'm reminded of Tim Credeur's creepy obvious crush on him during TUF. Seriously. Barely an episode went by without Credeur saying something like "I'd like to fight Cramer 'cos he's way hotter than me" or "Cramer's definitely the hottest guy here" no matter how little relevance it had to anything going on.

Should be a fun show tonight. Dantas vs Galvao is an interesting one for a couple of reasons. Obviously how will Dantas rebound from the KO loss? Also Galvao is a friend of his so he's got a couple of mental hurdles to overcome.

Spang vs Marshall is going to end violently.

• Paid Members

well Bellator 89 delivered...

* Marshall/Spang: someone was always gonna getting dropped in this and i felt Spang was too confident in his ability to stand within punching range of Marshall. When a guy is slinging the guns like The Rhino you simply cant stand within range and hope to not get clipped. The actual stoppage was weird, the knockdown looked as clean a KO as you can get but Spang hit the ground like a sack of shit, turned and got straight back up...problem was, Marshall went for the cool walkaway KO look and Miragaliotta waved the fight off, im pretty sure it could have gone and Dan pretty much took Marshall's cue to wave it off...still, ive no doubts that if Marshall had followed up he'd have finished Spang.

Marshall's a right nasty piece of work, flipping people off at cage, screaming 'you want some of this!' at someone cageside (dunno who?) and talking it up like a right scumbag, but he's fun to watch. He then challenged the rest of the fighters to 'follow that'...he got his wish.

* Dan Cramer/Bryan Rodgers - one of the best fights of the year so far, just a crazy 3 round war. I think Cramer narrowly out-hustled Baker and got the better of a lot of the exchanges and landed the straight right all night but this was great. The 3rd round had both guys getting seriously rocked and they both left it all in there. It's the kind of fight that will probably be forgotten come the end of the year but it deserves to be added to any 'fight worth watching' list. Great stuff.

Somewhere in America Tim Credeur is was grinning ear-to-ear.

* Dantas/Galvao - much has been made of teamates not fighting each other, so what happens when Bellator's tournament format ended up with two fighting it over a world title? they engage is a slugfest until one man is left unconcious on the canvas. Massive respect to both guys, they didn't hesitate to try knocking each others heads off. I thought Galvao was gonna land one of his wild hooks, but Dantas mixed striking attack finally just got Galvao out of there, a massive head kick almost finished the job, Galvao survived traded back but then backed up and was hit by a massive uppercut.

Wild scenes after too, Dantas went from being pumped about his win to breaking down in tears within about a minute when he realised one of his best friends was unconscious by his doing.

What an insane sport.