Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, but when theres 4-5 stages operating at the same time it aint like you're forced to watch one band.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

at times it's reminds me of a Filter tune during the melodic vocal parts. Tremenoti's a fucking great guitar player.

 

On the subject of Alter Bridge, am i the only one that doesn't rate Miles Kennedy's voice as much as anyone else? On record he's great, but live his voice is very annoying, it's like he stays in one contiunuous pitch it fucking grates.

 

Off subject, Matt from Bullet For My Valentine and Liam from Cancer Bats have formed a new band called Axe Wound here's the first tune. I kinda like that, they are playing Download so i might try catching em.

Posted
at times it's reminds me of a Filter tune during the melodic vocal parts. Tremenoti's a fucking great guitar player.

 

On the subject of Alter Bridge, am i the only one that doesn't rate Miles Kennedy's voice as much as anyone else? On record he's great, but live his voice is very annoying, it's like he stays in one contiunuous pitch it fucking grates.

 

 

Whenever I've seen Myles live, he's been outfuckingstanding. Sometimes though I've seen recorded live videos where it sounds as you've just described. Can't put my finger on why. Check out the Alter Bridge Wembley dvd/cd and he's awesome on that though. It was interesting listening to an interview with him the other day where he talked about how he cares for his voice. Stuff like not even talking for days so he can give his best for the shows, he's very through. Of course, I'm sure a lot of vocalists are. I am a huge fan of his, been listening to a lot of Mayfield Four this past couple of weeks.

 

I quite like that Tremonti stuff, will definitely check out the record. He is a hell of a player and he has that credibility despite being in a band with Scott Stapp. I quite like his voice as well. I see what you meant with Filter reference. I fucking love Filter.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Myles Kennedy has been very hit and miss lately.

 

His constant touring hasn't helped. In Glasgow he was a bit off the boil. Assuming he was saving his voice for the big London date. But in London, live, he sounded outstanding.

 

Also in Alter Bridge he is distracted by the guitar. Apart from the first 2/3 gigs with Slash, I don't think I have heard Myles Kennedy have a bad Slash gig.

 

Myles Kennedy also suffers sometimes from what I like to call "Cat on helium in pain" syndrome. Which is that annoying screechy tone he sings in sometimes!

  • Paid Members
Posted

i think the 'cat on helium' thing nails it for me.

 

He's quite clearly a talented singer, when he sings slower tunes and sings in the lower voice it's fine, the problem is when he really opens up, ahhhhh it's annoying.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've watched the Slash live in Stoke DVD and I thought there was loads of parts (in-particular during the GNR tracks) where Myles was fucking terrible.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I've watched the Slash live in Stoke DVD and I thought there was loads of parts (in-particular during the GNR tracks) where Myles was fucking terrible.

 

Yeah but your nose is firmly up Axl's hoop. You would think that...*

 

*AKA Bait not taken. :p

  • Paid Members
Posted
i think the 'cat on helium' thing nails it for me.

 

He's quite clearly a talented singer, when he sings slower tunes and sings in the lower voice it's fine, the problem is when he really opens up, ahhhhh it's annoying.

 

Outwith Alter Bridge I think he excels with the high notes. On Alter Bridge albums (especially the last two, produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette" all the production is effects, effects, loudness, effects, loudness. His voice gets lost in the mix.

 

His Mayfield 4 stuff is good for his higher register. Some great high notes that he hits.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I've watched the Slash live in Stoke DVD and I thought there was loads of parts (in-particular during the GNR tracks) where Myles was fucking terrible.

 

Yeah but your nose is firmly up Axl's hoop. You would think that...*

 

*AKA Bait not taken. :p

It's not bait, just a fact.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I've watched the Slash live in Stoke DVD and I thought there was loads of parts (in-particular during the GNR tracks) where Myles was fucking terrible.

 

Yeah but your nose is firmly up Axl's hoop. You would think that...*

 

*AKA Bait not taken. :p

It's not bait, just a fact.

 

Stating opinions as fact now, eh? You're getting as bad as that Numbers loon!

Posted

What do people think of Frank Carter's new band, Pure Love? They seem like a ton of fun, and as a Gaslight fan they're right up my street.

 

There's been some great tracks released over the past few weeks;

 

 

 

 

 

Those two HWM tracks are so good, cannot wait for their album to drop. Also finally listened to a few albums I missed out on. Apologies, I Have None - London, Sharks new album and Fighting Fiction's first album are all worth a listen.

 

So does anybody else listen to any of these bands, or just me?

Posted
There's been some great tracks released over the past few weeks;

 

 

 

 

 

Those two HWM tracks are so good, cannot wait for their album to drop.

 

So does anybody else listen to any of these bands, or just me?

 

Right on, mate! HWM are one of my all time favourite bands. Fuck what the hipsters say, i've adored everything they've done and they definitely haven't gone shit.

 

Wasn't even aware of that Gaslight song so thanks for posting that. No surprise, it's a massive tune. Fallon and co never dissapoint. Cannot wait for July now!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...