The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) first-ever live solo album, "Made In Stoke 24/7/11", is now available for streaming in its entirety at RollingStone.com. The double-disc CD, and a special-edition 2CD+DVD package (featuring five bonus tracks and an exclusive interview with Slash) is due on Novemebr 15 via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Captured at Victoria Hall as part of an intensive world tour, this 21-song set is a celebration of a legendary career. Joined by Myles Kennedy of ALTER BRIDGE on vocals, Slash ripped through cuts culled from his GN'R days, VELVET REVOLVER, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, and his solo album, (including the single "By The Sword"). His band lineup included bassist Todd Kerns, drummer Brent Fitz and guitarist Bobby Schneck.

With favorites like "Back From Cali", "Slither", "Sweet Child O' Mine", and many more reverberating the crowd-filled rafters, this proved to be one rockin' homecoming.

The track listing is as follows:

01. Been There Lately

02. Nightrain

03. Ghost

04. Mean Bone

05. Back From Cali

06. Rocket Queen

07. Civil War

08. Nothing To Say

09. Starlight

10. Promise

11. Doctor Alibi

12. Speed Parade

13. Watch This

14. Beggars & Hangers-On

15. Patience

16. Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme

17. Sweet Child O' Mine

18. Slither

19. By The Sword

20. Mr. Brownstone

21. Paradise City

Bonus DVD:

* Ghost

* Back From Cali

* Beggars & Hangers-On

* Been There Lately

* Starlight

* Interview with Slash

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time and for some reason it just never seemed possible," said Slash.

"One of the things about doing the solo record and setting up my own tour was that I told the powers-that-be that I wanted to play in places I'd never played before. And so Stoke was something that was high on my list and I told them just make it happen."

"I have memories that I went to school there, of the basic neighbourhood that I lived in. I remember exactly what the house looked like. Just everything in general, for some reason my memory is really clear. Better than my memory of later years."

The Stoke-on-Trent concert sold out in less than two hours after tickets went on sale on May 6.

Over 1,500 fans attended the show, which marked Slash's first-ever concert in his hometown.

David Bradbury, Group Press Officer of the Ambassador Theatre Group, told StaffsLive, "We always knew the gig was going to be popular and the fact that the gig sold out in less than two hours is brilliant.

"Slash is a local hero, he's from Stoke-on-Trent and not a lot of people know that. I think he lived here until he was 11 so this is a bit of a homecoming gig."

Slash stated after the concert: "Stoke was a [fuckin'] blast!! Great vibe and energy. It's going to make a killer DVD. We'll be back next year definitely!"

Although ALTER BRIDGE vocalist Myles Kennedy sang just two tracks on Slash's self-titled solo debut, Slash recently confirmed that Myles will sing everything on the guitarist's next solo effort.

In an interview with The Pulse Of Radio, Kennedy said about the fact that Slash would like him to handle the lead vocals on the guitarist's next CD, "It's very flattering. I think there's kind of a cool thing we got going. We really enjoy working with each other."

blabbrmouth.net

METALLICA will headline the 10th installment of the Download festival at Donington Park on Saturday, June 9, 2012, with an exclusive UK performance of the band's top-selling No. 1 album "Metallica", a.k.a. The Black Album.

It will be the eighth time the California metal titans will have played at Donington during their three decade-long career, having played both Monsters Of Rock and Download festivals.

"Six years is way too long to be away from the hallowed grounds of Donington Park," says METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich. "We are beyond psyched and feel privileged to come back once again to soak up the energy and vibe of the most legendary of festival sites."

"I am absolutely bowled over that METALLICA will be playing The Black Album at the 10th anniversary of Download," says Andy Copping, VP of Promotions at Live Nation. "The album is up there as one of the greatest albums of all time, everyone knows the songs. The Download festival has come a long way since we first started in 2003 and to have METALLICA back to help us celebrate this milestone is just fantastic."

Download 2012 takes place at Donington Park on June 8-10, 2012. Weekend with camping tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. on Friday, November 18 from www.downloadfestival.co.uk.

METALLICA's 1991 self-titled fifth album, commonly known as "the black album," in 2009 surpassed SHANIA TWAIN's 1997 record, "Come On Over", as the best-selling CD of the SoundScan era. To date, the black album has sold 15,715,000 copies.

Although METALLICA had scored their first radio and video airplay with their previous effort, 1988's "...And Justice For All", the black album was the band's biggest commercial breakthrough, producing five singles and making them into one of the most popular rock bands in the world.

sabbath for soni so i hear on DL forums?

They seem to be saying they'll be for dl? DL have another headliner announced tomorrow, sabbath are announcing tomorrow.

I could see it being a clever ploy by soni to be fair, but I'd imagine it'd more likely be download.

Yup, lars tweeted the same.

Lars doesn't use Twitter.

I went to see Opeth at Brixton Academy last night. It was rather odd to see them do a completely metal free gig but rather cool at the same time. Mikael's on stage banter was top drawer as usual, it's always worth seeing them even if they didn't even play anything just for that. The new stuff came off great live and it was cool to see them do stuff they don't usually play like A Fair Judgment, Credence and Porcelain Heart.