The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Lars Ulrich is on Zane Lowe tomorrow with UK 2012 festival news.....It's Download, they're rumoured to be announcing Nova Rock and Rock AM Ring soon too.

Excellenct, I'll be there. Andy Copping has confirmed there's a download announcement on Radio 1 so it's a cert really. But he did say "a big fuck off headliner but with a twist". Any guesses to that? Loutallica? Playing the Black Album in full? Taking requests? Doing Mama Said 18 times?

Fuck, Alice Cooper, Orange Goblin & COC? I actually want to go to Bloodstock. I do fear all the tr00metal types there would do my head, can anyone convince me otherwise?

Go!

The crowd at Bloodstock is great, i spend half of my day there observing the weird and wonderful characters on show. Super friendly atmosphere though, i highly recommend!

I am tempted, that's the best endorsement I've seen of it for a while. Most I know reckon it's full of METAL types that shit on everything else.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members
QUOTE (Dead Mike @ Nov 9 2011, 22:58)

Lars Ulrich is on Zane Lowe tomorrow with UK 2012 festival news.....It's Download, they're rumoured to be announcing Nova Rock and Rock AM Ring soon too.

Excellenct, I'll be there. Andy Copping has confirmed there's a download announcement on Radio 1 so it's a cert really. But he did say "a big fuck off headliner but with a twist". Any guesses to that? Loutallica? Playing the Black Album in full? Taking requests? Doing Mama Said 18 times?

I reckon they're doing a set of Van Halen covers to make up for losing them ;)

Copping said in a Metal Hammer interview last year that he had an idea for Metallica, I think it's a stage/production thing tbh.

Ill add a second endorsement to Bloodstock here, probably the best of any festival Ive been to. Great crowd, the arena set up means maximum chances to see all the bands you want to and its not full of the wee posers you would otherwise get at Download, Reading/Leeds or Sonisphere.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about seeing the Black Album live. An updated S&M, however, is something I could get behind.

But only if they do Fade To Black this time.

With you on that, sandman bores me now, and other than a couple of tunes (sad but true and unforgiven) nothing on the black album particularly excites me. Seeing em do MOP right through again, that'd excite me, lightnig and justice as well, s and m even. Just not the black album!

(And yeah, needs more fade to black).

Well I've seen Metallica 22 (will be 24 next month) times now, so I've seen all the staples like Sandman, Sad, NEM dozens of times. It's stuff like Through The Never and God That Failed that are exciting and Don't Tread on Me, My Friend of Misery and Struggle Within have never been played. So that's definitely a big draw for me and the casual festival fans will enjoy Sandman and the like too.

S&M style set would definitely be awesome as well, can't see it in a festival environment though.

I went to Bloodstock in 2003 (Saxon and Nightwish headlining) when it used to be a 2 dayer at Derby Assembly Rooms. Obviouslyits grown since then, but I had a great time. I'd say you get a mix of people between the ones who know/love metal music in all its forms and the ones are "true"/"real" metal fans (the type that shit on any band for having a decemt degree of success)