Worst Match of 2009

tiger_rick

Worst Match of 2009?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Triple H vs. Randy Orton worst match of the year?

Fuck off it was hardly a classic thats a given but its nowhere near as a bad as other matchs on the list.

Some people are voting it the worst in terms of what was expected of it and how it failed to deliver. I suppose it really belongs in "Biggest Disappointment".

Fuck off it was hardly a classic thats a given but its nowhere near as a bad as other matchs on the list.

Some people are voting it the worst in terms of what was expected of it and how it failed to deliver. I suppose it really belongs in "Biggest Disappointment".

It was like thay watched Taker/Shawn and went "fuck it, we're not gonna top that, so why try?"

I wasn't disappointed as the only Triple H/Orton match I rate in the LMS match from No Mercy 2007, I was disappointed in respect that it was a WrestleMania main event, and arguably the worst headline main event from WrestleMania this decade.

My vote easily goes to Jenna vs. Sharmell, holy shit that was awful.

I wasn't disappointed as the only Triple H/Orton match I rate in the LMS match from No Mercy 2007, I was disappointed in respect that it was a WrestleMania main event, and arguably the worst headline main event from WrestleMania this decade.

Same here, and that's an achievement considering HHH/Cena headlined only a few years previous.

For me, it's perfectly legitimate to vote HHH/Orton as the worst match when you take into consideration that it's two very capable workers given 20-30 minutes in theoretically the biggest match of the year. To come up with the shite they did makes it infinitely more deserving of this award IMO than some throwaway 5-minute thing involving two non-wrestlers.

• Paid Members
Same here, and that's an achievement considering HHH/Cena headlined only a few years previous.

Cena/HHH was a great match. It had great crowd interaction, played them perfectly, told a good story and in beautiful wrestling style, good triumphed over evil in the end. It wwas a billion times better than either HHH/Orton or HHH/Jericho and it was also better than the 4 way from WM 16 and the HHH/Batista match.

I tend to judge these things on the sum of their parts. I don't judge Sharmel and Jenna on the same scale as the two men picked to headline the biggest PPV of the year, one a seasoned pro we're constantly told is the best there is to ever wrestle ever, and the other whose supposedly the future of the whole entire world. Consquently, I consider this much worse. If TNA told us that match was going on last and set to rock our cocks, then they would be up for comparison.

Technically, HHH and Randy Orton may have been "better" than about 98% of all WWE womens matches this year, but you would never see all of them show up in a poll like this, because they roughly tend to deliver something near what they promise, and everybody performs just about at their highest level.

Cena/HHH was a great match. It had great crowd interaction, played them perfectly, told a good story and in beautiful wrestling style, good triumphed over evil in the end. It wwas a billion times better than either HHH/Orton or HHH/Jericho and it was also better than the 4 way from WM 16 and the HHH/Batista match.

Seems like we saw the match totally differently, because I thought they looked as ill-prepared for the hostile reactions to Cena as Lesnar and Goldberg had been a few years previous, and more or less completely ignored the live crowd by playing their assigned heel and face roles instead of acknowledging that the crowd had essentially turned both of them. They then gave them an ending that went down like a fart in a crowded lift, as Cena clearly hadn't won them over by the conclusion and the STFU with HHH right next to the ropes had the smell of a Dusty finish.

HHH/Jericho

Now that was another shit WM main event.

You had a champion who was pretty much buried before the event even came around and say what you want about HHH/Orton at least fans were not leaving by the bus load before the match even finished.

Don't get me wrong I hated HHH/Orton but there is no way I can consider it anywhere near worst match of the year material.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton (like the show itself) is Most Disappointing but wasn't close to being worst.

Then again, I see what NEWM means about judging this according to talent level. TNA throwing a reality TV star out there to try and get some publicity or WWE throwing Vickie Guerrero out there in a Hog Pen match to write her out of the storyline were always doomed to be rotten matches it is just that they turned out even worse than expected. Particularly the TNA one which had the misfortune of being on a real stinker of a show to begin with and by a minute or so in actually seemed like they were doing their best to have a worse match than that 2002 mixed tag on Raw.

Seems like we saw the match totally differently, because I thought they looked as ill-prepared for the hostile reactions to Cena as Lesnar and Goldberg had been a few years previous, and more or less completely ignored the live crowd by playing their assigned heel and face roles instead of acknowledging that the crowd had essentially turned both of them. They then gave them an ending that went down like a fart in a crowded lift, as Cena clearly hadn't won them over by the conclusion and the STFU with HHH right next to the ropes had the smell of a Dusty finish.

WWE were definitely prepared for the hostile reactions to Cena at WrestleMania 22. Cena had been getting booed for ages and after watching Trish and Rey get booed earlier on that same WrestleMania there is no chance they were expecting the audience to suddenly all rally behind Cena. That's why they had Jim Ross talk about him being such a "controversial" champion and they tried to spin it as the old school fans relating to Triple H.