General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
I've already posted two or three times on the subject.

The majority of Muslems do want to intergrate into british society however this program's main theme was in regards to the small minority of Muslems that do not want to intergrate into British society.

You can still maintain your own identity while at the same time intergrating yourself into that said society.

Edit. Apologies I read that wrong...doh!

Edited by Dead Mike

The majority of Muslems do want to intergrate into british society however this program's main theme was in regards to the small minority of Muslems that do not want to intergrate into British society.

Indeed. So, the title of the show was rather misleading then, no? The topic being discussed actually wasn't about British society having a problem with Muslims, it was the usual discussion on Muslims not wanting to integrate into British society.

If someone made a homophobic comment at work and I called them out on it, they may respond "Why, are you gay?" In this situation, I may not answer that question.

By not answering, it plays on their bigoted notion that people offended by homophobia must also be gay. It prevents them from refusing to deal with the objection as they put down the complaint as being "because they are a queer, so they took offence." Finally, it emphasises that the debate is not between the groups of sexuality, but between many individuals each with their own values and perspective that deserve to be dealt with.

It's the same here, David is demonstrating that the debate does not require him to declare his religious beliefs, only that his arguments be dealt with.

PRO TIP: If the next time someone exposes an opinion you instantly have to enquire if they are a part of the targeted group then you are probably indeed prejudiced.

Edited by theaddicane

Indeed. So, the title of the show was rather misleading then, no? The topic being discussed actually wasn't about British society having a problem with Muslims, it was the usual discussion on Muslims not wanting to integrate into British society.

British Muslems who are born and bred in the UK are part of our society and majority of the Muslems coming from other countries who are not british born wish to intergrate into the UK society.

You do not loose your identity by intergrating into a different society.

All it means is that you adapt to a different way of life but still maintain your beliefs.

So why then do a small minority of non british Muslems come to UK if they do not wish to intergrate.

So why then do a small minority of non british Muslems come to UK if they do not wish to intergrate.

You tell me.

All I will say mate is that I have already won my side of the arguement where as you have not even bothered to argue your's.

Okay :laugh:

The same can also be said of you mate.

The plain fact is that you are not responding to any arguements that are being put to you, not answering a single question properly.

The main reason I think is that you are unable to put forward constructive arguements and it probably why you are acting the way you are.

Edited by Dingo Warrior

• Paid Members

You tell me.

All I will say mate is that I have already won my side of the arguement where as you have not even bothered to argue your's.

As an onlooker who doesnt give a shit about this 'argument' between you I have to disagree.

I believe I have an accurate visual aid for what's happening here:

k0qa1.jpg

Don't let this image be the last word, Dingo! Get in there and debate, kid! You've got another round in you! Remember that Mickey loves 'ya!

Love the picture mate.

They say that Pictures can be more powerfull then words but using a picture of a person with special needs to make a point is cheap way of avoiding a debate.

As an onlooker who doesnt give a shit about this 'argument' between you I have to disagree.

I don't actually know what his argument is. He appeared out of nowhere asking if I was a Muslim, then proceeded to ask some more questions, which I refused to answer, which means he wins the debate. Or something :confused: