The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I dont think we'll play 2 spinners anyway, so that doesnt bother me. Rashid is young and his time will come.

It's amazing how different the attitude is to young players over here compared with India and Pakistan. When they unearth a great young player they say, "Let's put him in the team." Over here we say, "Let's leave him a few years to pick up crappy habits from county cricket and keep picking the same old shit."

Had a great day at finals day yesterday, it's a really good day out with a good atmosphere. Lots of great indivdual innings, Dwayne Smith was the highlight, wow he had all the shots, unfortunately apart from the reverse sweep or else he could have done even more damage. In both his innings Tresco looked like a machine, the final could have been a lot closer had he stayed in.

Biggest cheer was when, lets say a larger lady, finally got onto the Bucking Bronco. Then she falls straight off after a boundary. Some good fun in the stands too when everyone had a few, some of the chants, particularly at an over-zealous steward were great.

Oh and all the bets i had were shit. Had Denly top scorer for Kent, Duck. Then Kieswetter for Somerset, 1. I also had Sussex to score 151-60 in the final, it was looking great until Nash and Arafat teed off. To top it all one of my mascots was a non-runner and the eagle ran out steam on the first bend. My brother had the spitfire who was DQ'd though :laugh: Although he did have Dwayne Smith and 171-180 for Sussex :(

Edited by Baz Windham

Had a great day at finals day yesterday, it's a really good day out with a good atmosphere. Lots of great indivdual innings, Dwayne Smith was the highlight, wow he had all the shots, unfortunately apart from the reverse sweep or else he could have done even more damage. In both his innings Tresco looked like a machine, the final could have been a lot closer had he stayed in.

Biggest cheer was when, lets say a larger lady, finally got onto the Bucking Bronco. Then she falls straight off after a boundary. Some good fun in the stands too when everyone had a few, some of the chants, particularly at an over-zealous steward were great.

i agree it was a really good day out although i had to go play cricket at 10 this morning so am in need of some sleep!!

tres was amazing,but that knock from Dwayne Smith was something else, i was a little gutted because i had bet on Somerset to win.

Also i backed Bomber in the mascot race, pity he got disqualified after winning.

• Paid Members

I know this will probably lead to him taking an 8-for, but I can't believe that useless lump of shit Harmison gets ANOTHER chance. One can only presume there must be some pace and bounce in the pitch though. If not, England are possibly fucked with that bowling line-up.

• Paid Members

Not too bad so far. Bell's played some nice shots punctuated by his usual complete lapses in concentration and reasoning but has somehow bundled his way into the 60s. If we can have 250+ on the board by the time Prior and the sloggers come in then we should be alright for 400+.

• Paid Members
Not too bad so far. Bell's played some nice shots punctuated by his usual complete lapses in concentration and reasoning but has somehow bundled his way into the 60s. If we can have 250+ on the board by the time Prior and the sloggers come in then we should be alright for 400+.

Beautiful kiss of death there

• Paid Members

Beautiful kiss of death there

If you look back through this thread, you'll see that this is about my 37th.

Be tough to win it from here unless Australia are bowled out cheaply. Really dissapointingly it seems England learnt nothing from Headingley, most caught behind the wicket again with loose shots and given their wickets away rather than being got out. It seems even when we are on top, we never dominate, when we were 100 and odd for 1 it never really seems like we are in charge. The only one you could say was unlucky was Trott but even that was a bit silly.

Hopeful kiss of death - Australia will make loads of runs

• Paid Members

So, any chance of getting to 350 this morning? If Broad can get plenty of the strike and Harmison and Anderson can stick around, we might make it. And it might end up being a good total on what is looking like a potentially dodgy pitch. We should definitely have made a lot more though as Australia didn't really bowl that well at all aside from Siddle.

Meanwhile, in other news, Adil Rashid got 5 wickets again and Murray Goodwin got 344 not out yesterday.