[Nominations] Best British Promotion of 2007

tiger_rick

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

In terms of storylines, feuds, characters, match quality, emotional involvement, crowd interaction and just downright enjoyability, IPW:UK were untouchable for the first half of the year. It definitely died off after that, but it doesn't reduce from the fact that they were in a league of their own for the first 6 months.

The switch to monthly shows allowed Futureshock Wrestling to concentrate on building feuds and storylines with perfect pace, which in turn allowed them to promote shows for the first time where their own home-grown talent was undoubtedly presented and accepted as the stars, as opposed to established UK talent. JC Thunder vs. ANDY SIMMONZ!! aside (which was the sooo good it was beyond comparison), Futureshock also produced far and away the best two UK feuds of the year in Jack Domino vs. Simon Valour and Chris Egan vs Dave Rayne.

Triple-X Wrestling also had a year of producing consistently enjoyable shows, from a fan's perspective, gave you great characters and feuds and even threw some superb matches at you, as well as a whole load of other chaos that set it apart form the rest of the industry.

I'd love to be able to nominate GPW too, since everything I've seen, read or heard about from that promotion has been excellent. However, I only ever actually made it to one of the shows in person this year, so cannot find myself nominating them.

Edited by UK Hat Guy

Dont usually vote for my own fed but as we dont have many internet fans at our shows just thought i would put in a plug for WAW. great year all round, attendances, storylines, new faces coming through, solid roster, good financial year, training school well attended, students from, Norway, France, Portugal, finland, Seminars in Norway and France, WAW Academy shows a great success, linked up well with HEW, RDW and RQW with joint shows and cooperation, in all a great year, heres to 2008 and it would be nice to see some of you from the UKFF giving us a look i think you would be surprised.