Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Ken Kennedy has just posted this message on his official site at http://www.ken-kennedy.comSaying that Vince McMahon is responsible for the deaths of the Benoit's

That was a fantastic read until he misspelt the plural of Benoit. Now he's just like all the other net writers - illiterate.

• Paid Members

Ken Kennedy has just posted this message on his official site at http://www.ken-kennedy.comSaying that Vince McMahon is responsible for the deaths of the Benoit's

That was a fantastic read until he misspelled the plural of Benoit. Now he's just like all the other net writers - illiterate.
Surely that's how you spell the plural of Benoit? Normally more than one would have a comma before the s. Not that I'm a literary expert.

That was a fantastic read until he misspelt the plural of Benoit. Now he's just like all the other net writers - illiterate.
What is the plural for Benoit then?

That was a fantastic read until he misspelled the plural of Benoit. Now he's just like all the other net writers - illiterate.
Normally more than one would have a comma before the s. Not that I'm a literary expert.
No, you wouldn't. Plurals don't have apostrophes, as evidenced in this sentence.

• Paid Members

Normally more than one would have a comma before the s. Not that I'm a literary expert.
No, you wouldn't. Plurals don't have apostrophes, as evidenced in this sentence.
I always get confused :( But at least I can enjoy his literary error while pointing out Kennedy's :) Was that right?

Surely that's how you spell the plural of Benoit? Normally more than one would have a comma before the s. Not that I'm a literary expert.
:crazy:Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean...

• Paid Members

What is the plural for Benoit then?
Where is The Spelling Bee when you need him?

There are NO apostrophes in a plural, not ever. An apostrophe indicates posession, as in "Benoit's dead son" or "Benoit's syringe". For plurals, you just use an "s".The confusion comes in a plural possessive - so "the Benoits' funeral" is the funeral of all the Benoits. You put the apostrophe after the "s".So all you people who keep posting about "DVD's" are morons.

There are NO apostrophes in a plural, not ever. An apostrophe indicates posession, as in "Benoit's dead son" or "Benoit's syringe". For plurals, you just use an "s".The confusion comes in a plural possessive - so "the Benoits' funeral" is the funeral of all the Benoits. You put the apostrophe after the "s".So all you people who keep posting about "DVD's" are morons.

No they're not morons. "DVD's" is correct as a plural, because DVD is an abbreviation. The apostrophe therefore signifies in this instance that there are letters missing between the D and the S (in this case 'isc').So, for example:Compact Disc's is incorrect.CD's is correct.

Guest Josh Jenkins

No they're not morons. "DVD's" is correct as a plural, because DVD is an abbreviation. The apostrophe therefore signifies in this instance that there are letters missing between the D and the S (in this case 'isc').So, for example:Compact Disc's is incorrect.CD's is correct.
If that's correct then surely it should be C'D's with the apostrophe between C and D to indicate the letters missing between them (ompact)?Maybe I'm just stupid though :bored:

I've just got back from travelling for 3 months, and have seen no wrestling since then.This is the first I've heard about any of this.Fuck. The whole thing is fucking horrible, and WWE's repsonse is fucking crazy, getting rid of the DVD and stuff.Fuck.

• Moderators

I've just got back from travelling for 3 months, and have seen no wrestling since then.This is the first I've heard about any of this.Fuck. The whole thing is fucking horrible, and WWE's repsonse is fucking crazy, getting rid of the DVD and stuff.Fuck.

Wow, that's crazy man.. I can't believe you didn't hear about it. Must be quite a shock. Where were you travelling at? Just wondering because I think a lot of places whether you watched wrestling or not I would've thought that you would have heard about it.

If that's correct then surely it should be C'D's with the apostrophe between C and D to indicate the letters missing between them (ompact)?Maybe I'm just stupid though :bored:
Quite. You can use apostrophes to signify contraction , as in "it's" instead of "it is", where the apostrophe represents the missing "i" of "is", but "DVD's" is not a correct plural. It IS a common mistake, I've even seen it in DVD trade mags, but it is quite definitely wrong. Sorry! Edited by Loki